Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 11. Seedlings and clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2016, 04:40 AM

Default Cloning in soil

In the attic i use a variable temp heated prop , ontop is a 15W ~ 18 inch flourescent striplight , aquarium type in the blue .

This run i'm using rootrainers , suspended in a cage , they don't get to wet or dry .
I pour off some roota into the cap and then disgard so not to contaminate the bottle .
I cut the stem at 45 % under water with a clean knife .
Cutting large leaf in half .
Then put the cutting in roota in the cap and transferred to seedling soil with 10% perlite .
http://bestringtones.mobi/ ,
http://bestringtones.mobi/zedge-ringtones/ ,
http://bestringtones.mobi/popular-ringtone/

Last edited by JamieD; 04-05-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:38 AM

I used to root clones in light soil mixed with Perlite, and I dipped the stem cuts in Rootone rooting hormone after being cut at 45 degrees. I used a heat mat under it to keep the soil temp at 75 deg. F. The problem with using soil to root is that it is harder to keep the soil at the right moisture level, and you cannot see if the plants are rooting or not. I had fair success using this method, which I have used for many other types of plants for several decades.

I have since flipped to using my own cheap homemade water bubbler cloner with plain water at 75 deg. F. It is a plastic gallon size Dollar Store tub with holes cut into the removable top and foam disks put into the holes. I use a cheap aquarium pump for making the bubbles with a ring bubbler. I set the 45 degree stem cuts just above the water level, and change the water every week. I get very good results with this method and I can see if they are rooting or not. Nothing special is required. It can root 14 cuttings at a time in it. They are usually all rooted in a few weeks time.

I use a pair of 32 watt T-8 lights for rooting under, 6500k color temp, on a 20/4 timing cycle. The lights are about an inch above leaf level (T-8s are so cool the leaves can touch the bulbs and not burn). I do not cut the leaves and I usually leave 2 or 3 fan leaves on each cutting.

Last edited by Big Sur; 12-13-2016 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:02 PM

Default Cloning in soil

Step 1: Get some nice sharp scissors, secateurs or knife (here I'm using harvesting scissors), sterilize the blade(s) by wiping them with methylated spirits or other bacteria killing liquid.

Step 2: Select the plants you wish to take clones from, here I'm cloning AK because they've been under fluros longer than I had intended and they're getting a little too tall and stretched, so I want to also reduce that height by topping them for the clones.
Sorry some pictures are a little blurry.

Step 3: Select the node you wish to cut to, angle the scissors about 45 degrees and make the cut about half a centimeter (0.5cm ... 0.2 inches) above the node you selected to cut to.

Step 4: Once you've got all the clone you want to cut removed from the respective plants, it's time to prep them.