Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 11. Seedlings and clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2016, 02:56 AM

They finished up 7-10 days after CSkunk so about 11 weeks.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:44 AM

Sure sounds like its leanin sativa way.

YJ
Old 04-10-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowjacket View Post
cbdfan it sounds like those tiny seeds gave u sativa pheno. That's basically the norm ie small seeds sativas, large beans indicas. YJ
I remember reading before that haze beans were really tiny, but I've also read that a lot of Colombian (and Thai) beans were large. I remember the Oaxacan weed I got in Texas in the early 1980s had fairly large seeds. I don't remember noticing really tiny seeds in any o fthe weed I smoked. As I work my way through a 30-50 year old stash of hippy seeds, I'm most interested in the tiny ones. My working assumption is that these are all sativa seeds.

Any insight into seed morphology as a distinguishing characteristic of sativa strains that were commercially available in the 1970-1990 timeframe?

Last edited by Marcus_in_the_Darkus; 04-10-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:55 PM

The Trainwreck Bx seeds I had were incredibly uniform and small. A few grew VERY large plants. All the Thai seeds from (small) sticks were tiny and extreme sativa. Though seeds from "Buddha stick" were all on the huge side. BTW, the Buddha sticks were pretty lame compared to the little Thai sticks.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:10 AM

Default One place size does not seem to matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantManBee View Post
no. massive sativas often come from very small seeds.
This is quite true! The smallest seeds that I have are tiny Zacatecas Purple/Big Sur Holy seeds. They grow into giant bushy plants 12 feet tall. Many landrace sativas have small seeds, and they grow into 12+ foot monsters.

Worst runt that I have grown was a J1 clone that I grew last year. Dunno how large the seeds were though. Some rather smallish indicas that I have grown were from huge seeds.

Last edited by Big Sur; 04-12-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdfan View Post
I've received tiny seeds before and they don't seem to do as well or grow into runts.
1\3-1\4 the size of others.

Before I waste time,soil,and space,has anyone else had poorer results with tiny seeds?
I believe size does not really matter on the aspect of growth, many are the times when tiny seeds do well than bigger sizes of seeds. all depends on the kind of nutrients and environment you grow your plants in.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:43 AM

Nevil said he liked the plants the smaller seeds of his Hashplant strain tended to produce.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:07 AM

I believe size does not really matter on the aspect of growth, pure keto premium review many are the times when tiny seeds do well than bigger sizes of seeds. all depends on the kind of nutrients and environment you grow your plants in.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:56 PM

I have noticed on the haze variety’s at least from te packs I have of critical haze mango haze and Nevs sk they are really small. The critical haze grew massive with probably the best vigor I have ever seen on a plant. Once the rootball was formed they went crazy in growth. Now from my personal crosses I have my golden lemons keeper from DNA that I hit with pollen from my g13xBlack widow male and noticed differently size seeds but once germinated both size seeds grew the same size. My critical haze plant that got hit with g13xBW pollen also produced small seeds where my g13xBW x g13xBW made rather large seeds.