Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 11. Seedlings and clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Capone View Post
Yeah size don't really matter unless maybe you got a pack of Shark Shock with them big ass seeds and one was the size of an Early Queen seed I may question it but I would still give it a chance it could be the best plant in the pack.
I will echo what Al capone said i have some NL5x Skunk seeds there honestly the size of bullets, whilst some of my haze hybrids tend to be really small seeds, I haven't noticed personally any trends from small seeds turning into runts
Do things you enjoy but can't explain

Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Old 02-28-2015, 07:26 PM

I just harvested some seeds of a cross of an Angel Heart to 1 of 2 Mango Haze males I used and man are they small. Iíll have to dig out some remaining seeds of Angel Heart and MH to see which ones are smaller by comparison, I canít remember.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:07 PM

Speaking of tiny seeds that Early Queen x Afghan/Haze got to be the smallest yet they are the size of a damn dear tick. lol, Just barely started germing those but I bet they do great all sunk in the water in less than 12 hours and been in the fridge about a year.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:48 AM

Thumbs up

Small seeds. Never saw a thread on them yet. I got some small seeds & big seeds off the same momma & have them going now. I was pleasantly surprised at the vigor of the sprouts from the smaller seeds.

I didn't think the small seeds would do anything, I figured they were small because they were not viable. I was wrong. I marked which sprout cups got the 2 diff sizes, but they are under fluros now, packed in a small space, so I haven't dragged them out to see how well each is doing. They are with a lot of other babies & I don't wanna mess with them much till they get more branches going.

I put my sprout cups into square containers so I can get to a group of them at the same time instead of having to pull out a row one cup at a time to see the ones in the back. Saves a lot of spilled or tipped over sprout cups. The containers the cups are in have sides tall enough to keep the individual cups from falling over when moved. I have about 110 sprout cups going in 3 diff rooms.

The Mom that dropped the 2 sizes was farm line pollinated, so in my case I also thought maybe the small seeds came from a diff male than the larger ones. It's way too early to tell if the large beans are going to turn into a diff strain than the small ones.

Heck, I may have 2 or 3 diff strains from each size of the beans because I had 4-5 diff strain males sneak up on me in my OD garden & the ladies were each hit with pollen from those males. Had that happen before. Got some nice strains that way. One I call Cleopatra, another Dank Delight. A few others I am trying to think of names for.

Coming up with a not yet used name for a cannabis strain is harder than trying to find an original name for a rock band.

mM

Last edited by medMUser; 02-05-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:03 PM

It is funny how they will vary. The g13sk seeds were very small though generally expect indy hybrids to be larger but yeah the size never is indicative of what may grow out. That is what makes seeds so interesting.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:25 PM

Not sure about other seedbanks but worry not about MNS. Germ the seed as it comes in the pack, no matter shape color or size.

It will come up.

Bless up!

Old 02-11-2016, 06:08 PM

Thumbs up

Fxginbcn, I'll back your statement. True dat, what ya said about MNS beans.

mM
Old 02-12-2016, 01:30 AM

It's been a while but the much smaller seed was fantastic.It had thinner leaves,was more frosty,and using it gave me a huge energy burst without anxiety.
I'm not sure if it's the haze or cbd,but all the phenols produced energy.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:46 AM

Way cool CBDfan. Good on ya!

It's not the size of the seed that's in the ground. It's the size of the plant that's in the seed!

I planted some small seeds & large seeds from the same Mom. Now I have to drag them out & look at them to tell which cup has the small seeds & which has the large seeds.

I can't tell by looking at the babies, they all are about the same size. I'll know more in a few weeks & months.

Oh yeah! I love to hear success stories like CBDfan's.

mM
Old 02-14-2016, 06:47 AM

cbdfan it sounds like those tiny seeds gave u sativa pheno. That's basically the norm ie small seeds sativas, large beans indicas. The energy u felt is a normal sativa trait. Welcome to sativas. How many weeks?

YJ