Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 10. Mothers and fathers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 10:37 PM

Default The Best and Worst Growing Products.

This can be anything

Last edited by resinbud; 11-27-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:07 PM

Hi Resinbud,

Worst Compost i've tried so far is Miracle Grow:

they should of renamed it 'Ronseal' cause it does exactly what it says on the tin - my Orange Bud grew 6 and a half feet plus+, it was quite a heavy load to take on board for a first grow, 6 and a half feet plant sounds good but the buds and finished taste were chemically, although this may have partly been down to first grow mistakes but i'm scarred for life with this compost

Best Nutes i've tried so far are Bio Bizz:

Easy to use, buds taste fantastic once finished, don't have to flush, i really can't see me changing the type of nutes i use for a long time, unless i do a comparison nutes grow maybe?

Peace

Herb
Old 04-10-2008, 04:54 PM

Damn resibud, why'd you let out the secret. I was gonna start selling bubble gum growing media for $59 for a 1lb bag? You're screwing up my marketing telling all me secrets like this! If you don't stop, litigation may follow, lol.

Just funnin, be safe

A
Old 07-08-2008, 06:32 PM

Good

canna coco substrate
fox farm soil
general hydroponics flora series
canna nutrients
dual parabolic reflectors
magnetic ballasts

Bad

shiny reflectors that look like mirrors and sell for that reason
reflectors with many bends
digital ballasts (with some exceptions)
miracle grow
Old 07-08-2008, 06:33 PM

oh this is just nutrients

I've only used good potting mixes so I can't comment on bad stuff

I know that Coco is great, I know that both DJ short's and Big Buddha Cheese's potting mixes are good. I'm going to try BOG's next and anyone elses I can find.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 PM

nitrozyme,

i got a 1L bottle of this shit and it goes a long way i love this stuff its excellent Foliar feed for plants and use it 2 weeks before taking cutting on mother plants make loads of growing shoots for the taking, it on the expensive side, but i think its good shit. ill do a test soon one with and one without once i get these cuttings to root

Quote:
Nitrozyme, a highly concentrated extract from sea plants, contains a vast array of natural growth enhancers. Nitrozyme has been tested on many commercial crops and has shown outstanding yield increases.

Nitrozyme contains powerful natural growth enhancers, exotic micro-nutrients and bio-stimulants. The high concentration of these biological agents will potentiate the growth process of the plant, with specific advantage to its current stage of growth.
Nitrozyme – the pure organic growth enhancer
Test Results
Just one example from the Test Result Summary

Ottawa Research Station of Agriculture, Canada (J.A. Simmonds & M. Beauchamp)

1. Nitrozyme increases the rate of germination, growth, and flowering of Impatiens.

2. Nitrozyme can shorten by four days the time required to grow Impatiens seedlings for bedding plants.

3. Nitrozyme treated plants had 50% more leaves than their untreated counterparts, and these leaves were one-third larger on the plants receiving Nitrozyme.

Their conclusions:

44% improvement in germination rate

57% more leaves

34% larger leaves

5 days earlier flowering

6% reduction in operation time

Nitrozyme

Nitrozyme is very highly concentrated and comes from natural sources.

It is non-toxic and poses no environmental hazards.

Nitrozyme has many uses for the serious grower and used correctly it can help produce healthier more vigorous plants and higher yields.

Nitrozyme restores and enhances the interaction between soil and roots, increasing vigour and improving crop performance.

Nitrozyme Test Results

Nitrozyme has been extensively tested on a wide range of crops. Most of the testing was carried out in Canada at various universities and prestigious agricultural research facilities.

Nitrozyme has shown outstanding results in these trials over all the crops tested. These results are drawn together in the Nitrozyme Test Result Summary.
Nitrozyme Applications

Cuttings - New cuttings can be misted to reduce stress and improve performance

Young plants - Nitrozyme can be applied to roots or foliage to enhance growth.

Foliar - Nitrozyme can be misted over plants at any time – most effective in the early stages of growth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nitrozyme-bottle.jpg (9.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-21-2009, 05:14 PM

Lightbulb

The Best Reflectors - Adjustawing Defender ( Right N? ) ; Both Museums Used Them In Amsterdam , And They Also Happen To Rank Best In Jorge Cervantes Bible.
Worst Products ( IMO/E )
Ad Newts Win As Being The Worst In My Book
Do You Think " Overdrive " Was Created For Any Other Reason Than To Squeeze That Last Buck From Your Pocket
It's Sensizyme ( Spannish For No Enzymes ?????????) Which Claims So Much Does Not Even Come Close To Cannazym , The Original As Made By Canna
Same With PK13/14, The Original, Beats The " Ad Newt " Version
Pretty Labels And Unfounded Claims Do Not Make For A Superior Product
It's What's Inside That Counts , Or At Least Thats What My Momma Taught Me
JKP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Who Da Guy- Amsterdam2009.jpg (167.2 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 PM

Yo Joe I hate to seem like a dick, but the batwing style reflectors don't test as well as far as even light coverage or intensity when compared to the 'closed' style hoods, even with glass. There is a VERY drawn out and tough to read thread at IC, but I got a link to the good parts It's the next to last post on this page where everything is put into neat lil uniform charts. Shout out to all the guys who did the testing/plotting!!!
http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51325&page=23

Basically the Sunsystems 1 and especially 2 performed the best under all situations. I have 1 generic batwing, and 3 homemade hoods, lol.

My 3 best products are:
Kelp, Castings, Plant Success. Seed to weed.

Honorable mention:
Crabshell, Guano, Coco
Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 PM

Own an adjustawing meself, got it on the back of the info in the growers bible. Have to say if i could have bought again i would go with the grostar this time round, the light spread is a bit uneven.

Best products I've used so far bio bizz grow and bloom, got a hotbox sulfume one time to try tackle leaf spot fungus but was complete over kill for my small setup. I ended up using an organic method which works a treat.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:49 AM

i'm a big fan of botanicare and supplement with some biobizz products and a bit of superthrive...worst product i've used is Miracle Grow Organic