Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 10. Mothers and fathers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2015, 03:17 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you get . pH asked me the smell of the one female of the X I've grown. IIRC it had an old school mexican flavor... some wintergreen and a bit of cedar, "herby". Truly it smelled like old time mexi spears It's kind of an "if you weren't there" sort of thing.

It was one of the most upright plants I've ever seen; the branch tips spring to attention, invariably 90 degrees from horizontal. So much vigor it's amazing.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:13 PM

I take that back I think they've only been begging about 5 weeks. I keep horrible notes. The male is less branchier than the two females. To me, it's always hard to get a handle on smell when the plants are still in veg. But there is something familiar there that I recognize from the old days of seedy mexi sativa brick.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:29 AM

I'm happy to report that this strain has proven to be the easiest cloner I've ever grown. Even rooted faster than my MNS Shit and Shark Shock.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:15 PM

Can't wait to see your Mexi in action. I'm loving those kind of flavours. Sounds like yours may lean over to the blueberry side a little. I wonder what kind of flavour mix you end up with.. do you think the Blue will let the Mexican flavours come through?

I am growing a Mexican hybrid right now. It was crossed to an American (US) indica/sativa hybrid to bring down the height/flowering times. I had 8 females but killed 7 because they were too indica. I kept the only one which leaned right over to the mexican side. Beautiful, delicate little spears of crystalline balls and a really 'Mexi' aroma of dark woods and sage-like herbs. I'll post a pic when it is possible. A fantastic, delicate Central American sativa...LOVELY!!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:27 PM

I really have no idea about influence one way or the other so far. I'm not familiar with either of the lines used in this cross. Very exciting grow for me. Like a mystery grab box.

I'd be in flower already but I've been waiting on a couple 1000w Gavida's. Be patient with me and you all will be rewarded with a full grow report from start to finish. So far I've had no trouble controlling the moms with container size, low feed, and low light (T5's).
Old 05-06-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDogDad View Post
I really have no idea about influence one way or the other so far. I'm not familiar with either of the lines used in this cross. Very exciting grow for me. Like a mystery grab box.

I'd be in flower already but I've been waiting on a couple 1000w Gavida's. Be patient with me and you all will be rewarded with a full grow report from start to finish. So far I've had no trouble controlling the moms with container size, low feed, and low light (T5's).

When you do the flip is when things get unruly with these IME. Just be ready. .
Old 05-09-2015, 08:24 AM

Here is a snap of the Mexi - take a look at the delicate flowers starting to foxtail..

There are a few more snaps in my gallery...

Grover
Old 05-09-2015, 05:48 PM

Beautiful plant. I'm gonna inbreed this strain then out cross to something tasty. Got a Mullumbimby cross that I'll probably breed to.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:51 PM

I think it was Bushy that posted pics of his Oxacan a while back. Beautiful looking plant it was.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:58 PM

Always pretty those delicate Mexi sativas