Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 10. Mothers and fathers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 06:23 PM

Default Always Get A Good Head Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blabla View Post
The point of trimming the roots is to encourage further new growth after the plant has reverted. Enzymes? Well I'd rather provide beneficial fungi/myrcorrhiza that ensure that the roots are happy in the medium also the adding of the fungi will result in the right enzymes needed. Joe King Park, after maybe a 4 week vegg, a 9-10 week flower and a total of 4-8 weeks revegg the plant will more often then not be rootbound, hence the pruning of the roots. And of course it will be stressfull for the plant that's the reason for seperating the time of triming the foilage and the roots. LoL it's not like the plant will go hermie in vegg. In keeping a motherplant over an extended period of time you'll eventually need to prune the roots, unless you take a cutting and make a new mom. My previous post was a general advice for revegging with a reference to the source of info, coupled with empirical experience. I share DJ's view of leaving to much bud that's the reason I posted in the first plance. OP was recommended to leave the plant intact and revegg when there is no need for that. Also there is a big differance of stress and negative stress. Plants, humans, living things in general experience stress all the time. Pruning is something most Cannagrowers are scared of. Other crop growers understand and appreciate the results of pruning i.e increased harvest.
My Average Time For Reveg Is 14-21 Days
Flowering Time No Different Than Normal
Downside; Always A Smaller Yield
But I've Always Believed Recycling A Plant Is Not Only Reducing My Carbon Footprint, But Also Giving Me Second Helpings After I've Relocated Plants Outside.
The Sooner The Head Start The Better Chance I Have On Harvesting Up Here In The Second Wettest Region Of The U.K
My Summers Are Peak Between March And May/Early June ( Usually Rains Heavily In June,Thru August, Then Summer Returns For September
But I've Very Rarely Come Across Hermies Either.
Hoping This Year Is A Scorcher
JKP
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 PM

deleted..................

Last edited by Blabla; 09-03-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Last edited by Blabla; 09-03-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Grammar!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 PM

Last edited by Blabla; 09-03-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:49 AM

Arrow Yes Blabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blabla View Post
LoL Joe you most often do not get a fully revegged plant in 14 days. A fully revegged plant is a plant with no buds or any sign of blom at all. A fully revegged bush with atleast 1-2 dozen tips ready to be taken as cuttings. Sorry Joe but the plant doesn't switch over to vegg immediatley just because you and your timer decide so. There is a slight lagg/delay before the plant switches it's internal "clock". Just as it doesn't show signs of blooming immediatley either. See Joe I'm giving general guidelines, but hey I'll choose to understand you instead of trying NOT to understand you and say that 21 days is more likely then your 14 days. And Joe a couple of new fan leaves and a little new green growth in an old bud is not a revegged plant according to my criteria.
Each To Their Own Blabla.
To Me You Seem To BeExplaining The Process Of " Secondary Budding " Which Leaves More Foliage On The Plant .This Method Takes Five Weeks Longer But Yields Of 25% More Are Common ( Page 98 Of Mel Thomas' Book;"European Cannabis Cultivation ", Third Edition.
Also Blabla, You Seem To Have Missed My Post Where I Explained How It Took Five (5) Weeks To Revegg, But Yes, Closer To 21 Days Than 14 ( Good Assumption Btw ).
This P.O.G Is Indicative Of The Revegging Process. First New Leaves Are Round And Have No Serrated Edges. Next, Single Bladed Leaves Progress To Three Blades, Five Blades, Etc
Once I Have A Full 3-7 Blades I'm Comfortable The Plant Has Revegged
Look At This Image Again To See Development ( Revegged In Three (3) Weeks.
In Closing I'll Repeat Once More ; " Find What Works Best For You , And Keep It Simple "
PEACE
JKP
P.S; Puday Feel Free To P.M Me ( I Seem To Have Attracted A TR*** )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007RevegPOG1days.jpg (64.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Reveg101-2007-Viola-RebornPOG-Notic.jpg (66.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 AM

good reading there chaps,been reading your other thread to jkp picked up some useful tips, in process of trying to re veg two doors an a g13 hz , thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM

Smile Thanks harvestreaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvestreaper View Post
good reading there chaps,been reading your other thread to jkp picked up some useful tips, in process of trying to re veg two doors an a g13 hz , thanks
Hi There harvestreaper
It's Posts Like Yours That Have Such Power In Motivating Me To Always Help Out When I Can ( Take What You Need And Leave The Rest ). I Last Grew G13xHaze ( Same Plant For Two Years ). It Revegges Very Easily ( Check My G13xHaze Grow Thread 2012 )
When I Started Growing The F2 G13xHaze I Only Had My Flowering Grow Tent, Running @12/12. I Gerinated The Seeds And Stuck Them Into The Flowering Tent To Grow On The Floor Under A 600 HPS.
When My Blue Chem , Casey Jones , And Psychodeisel X O.G Kush Was Harvested I Lowered The Lighting To 11 On 13 Off And Added Bloom To The G13xHaze, And Before I Knew It They Were Off Again
Heres My Last G13xHaze I Grew Before Starting Something Else ( Zero Veg , Could Have Grown It Bigger ).
Thanks Again For The Confidence Boost
Joe
Old 01-13-2013, 04:39 AM

thanks for the reply joe some good info an pics there ,good to hear the g13hz revegges easy out of the 3 its the biggest an probly has the best chance ,the doors were left in seedling pots to long in early flowering and when repotted remained small so there was not so much left on them;,all 3 had a ruff ride an i would like to get cuts to give em all a fair crack,joe i like your simple way of talking things its easy for me to understand, its clear to see your sharing your understanding and im sure theres people that don't post that get value from it to, thanks again
Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 PM

Last edited by Blabla; 09-03-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:42 PM

Re veg ing is like going up hill in a mud slide .
The mom will be Permanently in pre flower at best after the "re veg"
I'm not trying to discourage any1 from saving something they Love.