Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 1. About this website

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J, Auction Manager View Post
Hi Spice,

Thanks for letting me know.

Still need to delete a lot of the fake sign ups (bots), that were imported along with all users. Once deleted, site should run much much faster.

Plan to do this sometime today. So, could I ask you to check again, lets say tomorrow and let me know, if things run smoother.

Thanks,
J
Hey J,
Just checked the site and performance is significantly better.
Not sure if you are done yet but things are looking up!
Old 07-13-2018, 12:07 AM
Auction Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Spice View Post
Hey J,
Just checked the site and performance is significantly better.
Not sure if you are done yet but things are looking up!
Cheers. Yes almost done here.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:24 PM

Default Start this project over

Being very hesitant to say but I gotta say it- still incredibly slow and clunky in design. I just have to say poor execution. EB IS RIGHT!

- can no longer view unless javascript engaged. Time lag.
- can’t see variety names obscured (blends with picture). Blue is not a good color. Colorblindness? Get rid of the pics.
- useless banter that clutters and slows down site.
- sub categories lose offerings behind more pages and take more time to access.
- why all the scrolling?
- site view doesn’t encourage me to participate in several auctions at same time as everything feels so isolated now.
- auction site losing it’s prime objective; to efficiently sell seeds.

I could go on. IMJ, ppl who buy from the auctions are typically sophisticated enough to know what they want. I for one don’t need SLOW pretty interfaces. I want something that works efficiently with minimal time. Ain’t trying to sell million dollar homes here. BTW, I did back off of several auctions because the load times were several minutes long!! For each page!!! This definitely needs to be addressed.

Give me the the context of the old site back! Give me a list of everything available for sale ON ONE PAGE including name, current price, number of bids, when auction ends. To keep things moving quickly, keep the pictures and the verbose descriptions on the STRAINS page. And refer to this page for the uninitiated.

Coming from a dBase/DOS guy, “Show me the data!” so that I can make my purchases in a timely, simple and efficient way. /r

Shaka
M
Old 07-26-2018, 08:45 PM

Agreed Musashi.

Wait until you win an auction. you can't even get the auction number without entering your name, address etc into the web page. I trust Shanti with my information. I don't trust the internet with it.. Please re-think that strategy.

Also, What M is saying is exactly correct.
Please bring back the old "view active auctions" layout.
I also suggest you make that the landing page when visiting the site.

It is disappointing that we have mention all of this.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:46 AM
Auction Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
Being very hesitant to say but I gotta say it- still incredibly slow and clunky in design. I just have to say poor execution. EB IS RIGHT!

- can no longer view unless javascript engaged. Time lag.
- can’t see variety names obscured (blends with picture). Blue is not a good color. Colorblindness? Get rid of the pics.
- useless banter that clutters and slows down site.
- sub categories lose offerings behind more pages and take more time to access.
- why all the scrolling?
- site view doesn’t encourage me to participate in several auctions at same time as everything feels so isolated now.
- auction site losing it’s prime objective; to efficiently sell seeds.

I could go on. IMJ, ppl who buy from the auctions are typically sophisticated enough to know what they want. I for one don’t need SLOW pretty interfaces. I want something that works efficiently with minimal time. Ain’t trying to sell million dollar homes here. BTW, I did back off of several auctions because the load times were several minutes long!! For each page!!! This definitely needs to be addressed.

Give me the the context of the old site back! Give me a list of everything available for sale ON ONE PAGE including name, current price, number of bids, when auction ends. To keep things moving quickly, keep the pictures and the verbose descriptions on the STRAINS page. And refer to this page for the uninitiated.

Coming from a dBase/DOS guy, “Show me the data!” so that I can make my purchases in a timely, simple and efficient way. /r

Shaka
M
Hey musahi,

Thanks for the feedback regarding the new auction site. Yes there are still some little issues that need to be resolved. May I ask: are you visiting the auctions through mobile or comp? Mobile version still needs to be adapted and rearranged. Which is the first thing on my list to do.

All in all, we will try to fix the following thing over the next coming weeks:

1) Rearrange the mobile version of the site (scrolling issue, overlapping text, colors, complete site view and orientation).
2) Fix the filtering options
3) Fix the chronological order of auctions on the ending soon page
4) Overall speed of the site and time lag

The thing is we a little busy with a few other projects, so this might take some time to fix as we need to prioritise some other work first etc. All we ask is for a little patience throughout this ongoing process.

Also, if anyone notices any thing else, please don't hesitate to let me know, by email (sales@mrnice.nl) or here on the forums.

Thanks,
J
Old 07-27-2018, 06:50 AM
Auction Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed Collector View Post
Agreed Musashi.

Wait until you win an auction. you can't even get the auction number without entering your name, address etc into the web page. I trust Shanti with my information. I don't trust the internet with it.. Please re-think that strategy.

Also, What M is saying is exactly correct.
Please bring back the old "view active auctions" layout.
I also suggest you make that the landing page when visiting the site.

It is disappointing that we have mention all of this.
No need for disappointment as all will be taking into consideration. The point of the new site, was foremost to enable us to address any issues and have the site more easily adapted to them.

Noted: old "view active auctions" layout

Thanks seed
Old 07-27-2018, 03:15 PM

@J
Slowest times are with mobile. Thanks for staying on top of this.

Aloha
M
Old 07-27-2018, 04:51 PM
Auction Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
@J
Slowest times are with mobile. Thanks for staying on top of this.

Aloha
M
Good to know. Thanks M
Old 04-11-2019, 11:15 AM

It`s not only the problem of bots. It can be the problem of viruses that trying to work with the personal information. It rather good stops the work of site. Just check this kaspersky antivirus review and you`ll find this. Maybe it`s time to clean up the site of viruses and bots? Kaspersky Lab software works on equally Microsoft windows and Apple pc operating systems and can easily clean such problems.

Last edited by Tenbon; 04-11-2019 at 11:23 AM.