z8 x ah hamper style

So the late sat dom has been curing maybe 10 days and have been sampling the last 3. Already it has that high that has me reaching for this pheno's jar almost non stop! Fantastic resin that sparkles, lime green bud with blond undertones that is neither hard or airy but just right, Burns smoothly and easily, smells and tastes of slight lime with that sativa funkiness bo or oniony smell (mild though). The high is very uplifting and very much a well being high. No idea on thc vs cbd but can say the high is special indeed. The late sat dom was the first to root and the two cuts are already pretty big, that vigor combined with the special high makes this one a no brainer and one of the better phenos I have found from MNS in last few years. Plus the early sat dom and the beast pheno are also great smoke. Even with tons of curing MHI I find myself reaching for the z jars! Will post up some detailed final bud shots in the next week with a more detailed smoke report. My state does have lab access but requires proper licensing/paperwork/user trace so doubt will test any time soon but who knows?

Last edited:
What's up Sys?

I imagine I'm not the only one waiting for some bud shots! :D

You got any of the late sativa left in the jar? Lol

Stay Hazed,
Jake

What's up Jake. yeah man, sorry I fell of the wagon on getting pics up. Slammed at work and home, barely time to even scratch my ass before ripping some tubes and calling it a day. I did actually save some buds of the late sat dom, see below. A great smoke, like I said this z series is a sleeper as is unknown and something worth checking out. I plan to put a few of the late sat doms outside this summer though not sure she will make it in time at this latitude. the early sat dom would though. I have cuts of early, late and the beast. all winners.

quinxstar hate to hear that, sucks man. It does happen. Did you keep any male pollen? Wish I had, believe this one is worth working a bit if you have males.

Last edited:
Looks like the text book sativa dominant nug!

Great job as usual. That's a fine pile of herb. I never understood the link between the powder and booze, but snow and sativas!? Good combo bro.

Stay haZed
Jake

Last edited:
Here is some of the beast, a very heavy yeilder. The buds are actually pretty airy for a more afghani plant, the smoke is not quite as smooth as late sat but that tends to equate to a pretty strong stone. Not couch lock but more like a good haze afghani mix, cerebral and strong with some body for sure. You can see the relationship between the various phenos. Look forward to your z grow!

beastbud1.jpg

beastbud2.jpg

"quinxstar hate to hear that, sucks man. It does happen. Did you keep any male pollen? Wish I had, believe this one is worth working a bit if you have males."

i have do the MHI in the same time and keep the males to dry to do a cross
maybe with mksk or diesel

Just an update on this strain, has quickly moved to the top of my all time faves list. Always reaching for these z8 jars. Unfortunately the "beast" cut died off, got some nasty virus it seems and though managed to keep a cut in stasis for literally 4 months, it finally succumbed. The early and later sativa cuts are still alive and going though and are very hardy. Had a cut of the late sativa outside and she did very well/was quite large but did develop mold problems near the end. Will post of some pics of current inside flowerers as they get close to harvest.

Bummer man :(

Hey did you see the thread I posted on the affordable CBD home test kit you can make?
Maybe that is something worth trying for you. Doesn't cost much to assemble, can get everything offline afaik. Normal supermarket/department/diy store stuff.

Yeah, I saw that and does look interesting. Will see if fxginbcn sees any correlation between the results. I can say the z8 early and late sat dom buds will often give me a headrush if I take a big toke and hold it in. It occurs often enough that I looked around a bit and see other people claim cbd dom strains have similar results. Having said that I have white-outed on the floor on c99 before which I don't consider cbd but maybe that was its secret? Not sure what it is exactly, I am the type that builds tolerance to every strain but find z8 gets me consistently high every time--still rotate it in/out of use to save it more than anything!

Gave a cut of the late sativa to a friend, who grew it outdoor in a large bucket in full sun on a south facing porch summer of 2018. This thing got huge, as in forearm sized stalk. It survived several large windstorms with minimal damage. Did start to mold in mid Sept and was brought inside to finish. Buddy cut it down last week and spent all afternoon trimming it! Smelled like a lime grove at his place mixed with under arm bo! Some old hippies from a local sangha were at the house for dinner the day before the chop and were all over the plant with comments like "looks old school" "smells like 70s california" "love that lime green color" etc.

Back