Wrinkled CM leaves

Nism0

Hi Fellow growers,

I am a newb grower that went from a outdoor grow to a first time indoor grow.
Mr Nice Critical Mass was my first indoor seed pick but now i am running into some weird problems. I could really use some tips from an expert.

Since a few days some leaves are looking really wrinkled.
I am reading a lot of scary stories about the mosaic virus so need some reassurance haha.
I am using a growing tent with a 600W HPS bulb, temperature is between 19 and 29 degrees celsius. The humidity is between 50 and 80 %. I only give water with rhizotonic PH 6 in a Light mix soil.
Does anyone know what's going on here?

20141113_223859_resized.jpg

20141113_223923_resized.jpg

20141113_223937_resized.jpg

20141113_224012_resized.jpg

20141113_224022_resized.jpg

20141113_224031_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20141113_224040_resized.jpg
    20141113_224040_resized.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20141112_215519_resized_1.jpg
    20141112_215519_resized_1.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 13
Hi mate,

I am no expert but i would say you need to repot them onto adult soil now. They will be rooting like mad because you say you give them rhizotonic each watering. You only really need to use that once early on in the plants life to help boost rooting. So i would say because they have rooted so well and they are in light mix they have used up nearly all the food and what you are seeing in the leafs is the start of Magnesium def due to the lack of food left in the soil.

I hope this helps and they pick up after a repot in fresh adult soil and bigger pots.

If you don't want to pot them on then you could give them a dose of epson salts at half tea spoon per 3 Ltrs of water with no food added next watering. Then I would give them a light feed of nutes at half strength and slowly work your way up each feed until you get to the strength your plants are happy with. If you do use Epson salts then don't forget to melt it first in alittle warm water first and then add it to your water.

I would also stop with the rhizotonic too. ;)
Lovely plants btw. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Old Grower,

Thanks for your reply.
And i was thinking i was doing right with the rhizotonic...
I was following the added grow schedule from Canna.
The plants are 14 days old now and i have just topped all of them so they were a bit bigger.
They are already in 18 liter pots so repotting them is a problem.
I will start with the nutes now.
I have given them just water this morning and they seem to look happier.

Here some foto's of all plants.

View attachment canna_terra_kweekschema_nl.pdf

20141114_081254_resized_1.jpg

20141114_081321_resized_1.jpg

Hi Old Grower,

Thanks for your reply.
And i was thinking i was doing right with the rhizotonic...
I was following the added grow schedule from Canna.
The plants are 14 days old now and i have just topped all of them so they were a bit bigger.
They are already in 18 liter pots so repotting them is a problem.
I will start with the nutes now.
I have given them just water this morning and they seem to look happier.

Here some foto's of all plants.

View attachment 41267

View attachment 41268

View attachment 41269

Hi mate, :)

You are more than welcome. I like to help if i can. ;)

The thing is with them schedules from the nute makers they tend to be alittle on the hot side (strong) for cannabis plant's and also they don't always work with cannabis because they where mostly just a rough guide/starting point for users.

As for the rhizotonic like i said in my last post mate it is only really needed early on to help promote root growth and i would imagine if you keep using it all the time it would only cause its own problems. ;)

If i was you i would defo give them quarter strength feed next time (to be safe) and then the following time give them some Epson Salt's in plain water at the dose stated in my last post and then carry on with your feeding after that slowly working your way up until you can see the plant's are growing at a nice rate and looking good all round and then stick with that dose (Defo try not to over feed). I find with most nutes it doesn't hurt to give some Epson's to your plant's every 4 weeks as most nutes tend to lack it. Your plant's will love you for it. Plus it's like a mini flush too which removes salt (nute) build up in the root zone. ;)

They should fly off now you have topped them all. :eek: :D :cool:

They are all looking very nice indeed mate, i would pat your self on the back. :cool:

Not long and you will be seeing lovely sticky buds. :)

Keep on doing what your doing and i wish you all the best with your grow mate. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Old Grower,

Thanks for all your great advice!
I will be sure to follow it.
Need to check where i can get Epson Salt's, let's hope the grow shop has it.
Can't wait to see some huge cola's :)

Greetings from the Netherlands.

Ok i finally thought i found some epsom salt but it turns out to be baking soda. (sodium bicarbonate)
I don't know why they would sell me this but this is what i got.
Can i use this instead of epsom salt?

No, not the same. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. You should be able to find it at a drug store, pharmacy, apothecary, or any store that sells products that you would find in these kinds of stores.

Very sad day...
I think i made some huge mistake(s).
Allmost all plants have balls.
What should i do; throw away everything or remove the balls?

20141130_212635_resized.jpg

you got males!

hello N,

looks like you've grown some male plants. removing the 'balls' won't turn them into females i'm afraid. unless you want to make more seeds, i'd remove all male plants immediately.

hope you have a couple of ladies...

cR

From the whole pack only three females.. :(
I think will kill them to not worth the energy..
So stupid i thought i was doing ok...

don't give up yet...

From the whole pack only three females.. :(
I think will kill them to not worth the energy..
So stupid i thought i was doing ok...

hey nismo,

it's the law of averages. sometimes you get 15/18 females, just when you wanted a stellar male for future use. 3/15 (18?) females is surprising but not uncommon. i've heard stories told, that Shantibaba is a generous man who will send out another pack in some circumstances (this may qualify-PM him and tell him your story...)

i would keep defintely finish the girls you do have. some nice phenos in the CM line.
and remember not to blame yourself. it's in the seed. luck of the draw, that's all.
maybe take lots of cuttings from the ladies to use again?

good luck, cR

Hi CR,

Thanks for your advice and kind words!

I germinated 18, one was a mongol and the the other one just didn't make the cut.
I have room for max 16.

I live in the Netherlands and energy prices are quite high here.
So growing these with my 600W HPS will be a little expensive i think.
Maybe switch them to my t-neon room.

Mailed Mr nice on the info mailbox already.
Not to get free seeds but to inquire what i could have done wrong or if maybe it was indeed bad luck.

Last edited:
hello N,

looks like you've grown some male plants. removing the 'balls' won't turn them into females i'm afraid. unless you want to make more seeds, i'd remove all male plants immediately.

hope you have a couple of ladies...

cR

G`day Cali

Closer inspection of the pic reveals intersexing ...

@ Jagged
Throw away the plants in the pic . They are hermaphrodite . Not suitable for keeping longer term .

Bummer . Crit Mass / Crit Haze are known to intersex .

You would be surprised, if you have four true females and you train them s little, they will maximize the light. You don't have to have a lot of plants to get a nice yeild.

G`day Cali

Closer inspection of the pic reveals intersexing ...

@ Jagged
Throw away the plants in the pic . They are hermaphrodite . Not suitable for keeping longer term .

Bummer . Crit Mass / Crit Haze are known to intersex .

hey MM,
i honestly didn't see the female part of the obvious hermi expression on first view of the pic.
i may have to go see a doctor after all hahaha.

and i also agree with weezy-4 plants can yield a lot...

as always, good luck
cR

G`day Cali

Right click on the pic .
Select open image in new tab . Gives full page view . Then use Ctrl +- to zoom .
Shows up the imperfections .

I could not let them go just yet so i removed all the male parts.
It only took like 30 minutes so doing this once every few days won't hurt me.
I am curious if more balls will grow now especially since the male parts seem to concentrate around the fourth internode on all plants.
All other internodes which show flowering are 95% female.

RE: leaf probs

Hey man, I've been off this site for a longgggggg time, but I thought I might be of some assistance.. It looks like you don't have enough air movement in there. I forgot who it was --- Gronn, Jondo, or ElmerBud said: If you can light a joint in your grow room, there's not enough wind.

It'll cause the leaves to do all kinds of wear stuff if they aren't properly ventilated, not to mention root problems and growth problems.. I grew critical mass for 3 years, and I had one mother plant for that entire time. What other problems have you been having with it? I didn't read the whole thread, just the most recent one.

Also, what is your soil pH?

Back