Wine

Never had Barolo wine, but if it's anything like any other wine I've had, it's best to fill a plastic solo cup hold your breath and guzzle it quickly. 🤪

I've tried to like wine, I've tried it cheap and expensive and nothing has ever truly been better than boxed wine. Now whiskey, that has some flavor, but I haven't drank in almost a month, Eagle Rare Bourbon that's the best I have found.

I like red wine. I can’t drink much of it one big glass and I’m taking a nap. It is a lot like cannabis, some is much better than others. I have a friend who owned a big restaurant and was a wine expert. He told me price is not always a good indicator of quality...and one just needs to drink a lot of wine to find out what’s good.
I’m just learning.

Like sherry in Spain or the difference between brandy and Cognac or sparkling vs Champagne from France. Consideration for distillation, age and particularly region. The difference in blended vs single malt whisky from Scotland. Certainly includes whisky vs the finest bourbons which use primarily corn and come from Kentucky.

🤙
Mu

In vino veritas! Looks like the makings for a laid back, conversation-filled evening, Tom. Would you pass the Armagnac and Gauloises s'il vous plait? :)

🤙
Mu

Hi Musashi,

I have nothing against a good armagnac after a good dinner.... But don't count on me for gauloise....awfull stuff....
I live in the south in the Rhône Valley.... They also produce wonderful wines there.... Cornas, côte rôtie, hermitage, château neuf du pape..... Not cheap but among the best red wines you can get....

*IF* you guys ever get a chance I highly recommend either a Chateau Mouton Rothchild or Chateau Lafitte Rothchild.
I honestly do not like wine but I have sampled both of the above a few times, and although VERY pricey they both are extremely unique in flavor and after taste.
The closest thing I know of is Orval Trappist ale from Belgium monks....and that ale is about $10 a bottle but has almost the exact same after taste.
Perhaps it's the yeast used...dunno. It's one of those once in a lifetime sorta things everyone should try at least once.
I honestly don't even like beer or ale these days, my go to is Plantation rum and although not that expensive the Xaymaca is incredibly good (it's some obscure spelling for Jamaica).

The thing is like cannabis , moods change so what was best yesterday may not be the best today.

I love heavy red high effect, it is like mescal tequila in spirits... and a good Barolo which uses Nebbiolo grape gives this effect usually after it has the DOCG rating around the cork. DOC is good but the G represents the Nebbiolo being held in wooden barrels for an extra year and passing a series of quality points to become certified otherwise it remains DOC. Tempranillo grape in Spain has a similar effect but flavor is slightly more fragrant and fruity to me but on par. The sangiovese grape used in Tuscany is excellent and a Brunello wine makes me exceptional happy also.
For me, the Cannabis from USA that is fragrantly different but stone effect similar is like the modern day blending of wines so it is more in the wine making than only the grape....similarly to seed producers rather than to breeders...However saying that if you begin with the building blocks or as close to the basic fundamental pure strains and then begin interbreeding them in the percentages like blending wine, it becomes extremely visible and real once you complete a goal. I do believe all types of projects should be attempted if you think it may be unique and bring something extra into an existing strain...tastes change yearly and therefore there will always be room for contemporary innovations...but Nature got it right we just need to find the one that works in all ways for each of us...good luck and salute. Sb

Back