which has stronger effect? Smoking or Vaporizer

Potency Only, Which is more potent and has a stronger effect, Smoking or Vaporizers?

• Smoking is better than vaporizers for potency.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • Vaporizers are better than smoking for potency.

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Vaporizers are the same as smoking for potency.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Don't know, I have never used a vaperizer.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • I haven't used a vaporizer enough times to form a distinct opinion

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strain and temp?

I would think that would come down to what strain are you vaping/smoking and the temps you vape at. If you don't run them very hot you will not get as many other cannabinoids that turn to vapor at much higher temps than thc does.
The same CBD strain in a pipe vrs a vape, if it's not run very hot may seem more stony for lack of CBD balance.
I have 2 nice vapes but they rarely come out of the closet. Whenever someone is sick with a flu ect, I put an oxagen mask on end of vape tube, just slip mask over nose, set the vape timer and they almost always fall right asleep. Without having to do anything for themselves. This method works even for sleeping people, if they are sick, just slip it on every couple of hours during the night, as they breath naturally they inhale vapor.

A good heavy duty vape (for me) takes away the natural organic "VIBE" of it all. I did though own a few at one time and got knocked of my rocker. Never laughed harder. The vape can take you above the clouds. I imagine because your getting more and the more is mainly the thc/cbd etc.

The initial hit from smoking is stronger to me, but I never was a smoker prior to weed and I don't like the feel of burning plant material when I inhale.

With a vaporizer I start at a lower temperature and crank the temperature up in increments. I start at 185 C-190C.....by the time I get up to 210 C I am hilariously blazed. I love my vaporizer, but it is not very portable.

For portability (out of town, at a concert, etc), I like to smoke hash. :)

Edit: While the Volcano is a great bag style vape, it is very expensive and I prefer using a whip - especially when it is just me and my husband partaking. I bought an Extreme-Q over a year ago and couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
I don't like vaporizers they make the best tasting bud taste not very good at least with the Vapir 1 or what ever its called. I like too smoke my best buds through a glass pipe and the ones that don't taste great I roll in joints or blunts nothing beats a nice fat Dutch Master cigar rolled up with some dank. but for portability joints all the way mostly cause the cops would never catch me with a couple doobies.

Been vaping for years,volcanoe first ,dropped it and it broke ,moved onto arizer q.i love taste and hit but you must let it heat up first for 20min or so and always KEEP clean or you waste bud.plus i consume loads in my vape 10g a day when got it.i have 3 huge bags then head off out in my car which isnt clever but when im driving Its like im in the passengers seat,now i dont drive medicated i walk.peace.

I don't like vaporizers they make the best tasting bud taste not very good at least with the Vapir 1 or what ever its called. I like too smoke my best buds through a glass pipe and the ones that don't taste great I roll in joints or blunts nothing beats a nice fat Dutch Master cigar rolled up with some dank. but for portability joints all the way mostly cause the cops would never catch me with a couple doobies.

I still have my old Vapir 1, good memories with that, i'm a happier camper wth my "extreme Q" vape, it has a quality lil remote control, so you can heat up n pause your vape all loaded & ready to go on the fly. The glass/vape chamber is set up different in a way i feel it makes the vape smoke taste a little more pleasant & it does a good job & not burning excess thanks to the "pause function". :)

I still have my old Vapir 1, good memories with that, i'm a happier camper wth my "extreme Q" vape, it has a quality lil remote control, so you can heat up n pause your vape all loaded & ready to go on the fly. The glass/vape chamber is set up different in a way i feel it makes the vape smoke taste a little more pleasant & it does a good job & not burning excess thanks to the "pause function". :)

ya I've never tried another vaporizer unless you count the oil bubbler I got its got the nail and dome heat it up with a torch and dab some bubble hash or bho it still does vaporize and it kicks my ass I had to order that one from California haven't tried BHO in it yet but I'm all set to make a batch I love that thing you get a pretty good buzz from 1 hit and you can feel the effects immediately and I can't even take all that big of a hit. so really imo the strongest effect comes from smoking hash through an oil bubbler or bong but I do prefer smoking buds it tastes the best.

I'm not sure about buying another vaporizer though mostly cause I never used the one I have much and I haven't used it in a few years.

Back