What should I start with?

I love Plymouth! Spent summers there with my “cousins” The Macleods back in the seventies. I fish in Plymouth both fresh and salt. Glad to know I have a fellow Mr Nice aficionado in my county.
Not sure, but I think either covid or a certain seed dealer in Amsterdam screwed me for seeds. Perhaps they are just running a month later than usual. I’m finishing my second and possibly last autoflower grow soon. Take July off then do some outside stuff in August. After October I’ll probably be done with feminized stuff as well.
I received some seeds from a company called Gelato Seeds...Blood Diamond OG. The company sent them right away. I have no idea about the quality, but I will run them and report back.
Now that I have found Mr. Nice Seeds I plan to switch to regular seeds and step up my game this fall. I am really interested in some of the Cannabis's we used to call Haze, Thai, Jamaican, Hawiian. Back in the day prior to 1980 we had no idea what it was, or where it came from. Most of it was brown and full of seeds..
But not all of it. I have seen some fine non indica stuff...but it has been awhile.
Hopefully this fall I will have some Mister Nice seeds to play with.
Great to meet you my friend. Stay in touch via message.
Home of the BG that’s Bay Grown.

Buzzard

Plymouth Rock was definitely not the most impressive thing I've seen. Lol, good to see so many people from New England, at this rate California will be coming to us for genetics!! :D

Actually it's already begun, that Lemon Tree cut was being sold for $3K just because it won the Maine medical cannabis cup. I definitely wouldn't pay that much, but I sure would love to win a cup. :D

Plymouth Rock was definitely not the most impressive thing I've seen. Lol, good to see so many people from New England, at this rate California will be coming to us for genetics!! :D

Actually it's already begun, that Lemon Tree cut was being sold for $3K just because it won the Maine medical cannabis cup. I definitely wouldn't pay that much, but I sure would love to win a cup. :D

No way I'd much rather fine my own elite than pay all that money for one plant!! Also New England for the win!!! haha! Nice to see you all here.

I love Plymouth! Spent summers there with my “cousins” The Macleods back in the seventies. I fish in Plymouth both fresh and salt. Glad to know I have a fellow Mr Nice aficionado in my county.
Not sure, but I think either covid or a certain seed dealer in Amsterdam screwed me for seeds. Perhaps they are just running a month later than usual. I’m finishing my second and possibly last autoflower grow soon. Take July off then do some outside stuff in August. After October I’ll probably be done with feminized stuff as well.
I received some seeds from a company called Gelato Seeds...Blood Diamond OG. The company sent them right away. I have no idea about the quality, but I will run them and report back.
Now that I have found Mr. Nice Seeds I plan to switch to regular seeds and step up my game this fall. I am really interested in some of the Cannabis's we used to call Haze, Thai, Jamaican, Hawiian. Back in the day prior to 1980 we had no idea what it was, or where it came from. Most of it was brown and full of seeds..
But not all of it. I have seen some fine non indica stuff...but it has been awhile.
Hopefully this fall I will have some Mister Nice seeds to play with.
Great to meet you my friend. Stay in touch via message.
Home of the BG that’s Bay Grown.

Buzzard

I bet you wish you had those seeds nowadays dont you? I entirely missed those days.. I am a 90's kid :( I think Mr. Nice is the place to find those sativas originating from around the globe! Same with ace seeds if you've heard of them. (hope it's ok to mention another great company on the forum). I recently took up a huge interest in old school/sativa/landrace type strains. I definitely have enough girl scout cookies and indica hybrids! Those autoflowers are great for our short and lousy outdoor season, by the way.

Just fyi buzzard, if you are not aware, the Mr. Nice auction site is the place to be. You can find it at mrnice.nl/auctions. I have picked up the majority of the Mr. Nice catalog for about $350. These seeds come direct from Mr. Nice and I averaged about 15.00 euros/pack which is about 16 or 17 dollars. Really unbelievable. I can't wait to grow some of these older gems. Not much of the new stuff out there is very unique, so I'm ready to take a step back to skunk, northern lights, haze, master kush, white widow. These genetics are an adventure, proven, strong unique effects, etc. Glad to see some fellow MA people on that journey as well!!

P.s. you can definitely get a lot done with 12 plants! In a 4x4 with a single 315 watt ceramic metal halide I'm getting 10-12 oz's every few months! I think you will be very happy!

Last edited:
No way I'd much rather fine my own elite than pay all that money for one plant!! Also New England for the win!!! haha! Nice to see you all here.

Yeah, it's insane what people will pay for the newest flavor of the month. It does work out for a big commercial grower out West though they can get a lot more money for buds the flavor of the week than say GG#4, that's been passed around everywhere, I was even gifted a cut of GG#4 from a dude in MA. Lol, that's one I might never kill, though I do plan on chucking some Critical Mass pollen at her, see if I can keep the flavor and frostiness while making her much bigger.

Really same plan with this Skunkmasterflex cut of GMO, said to be some of the stinkiest weed on earth, but the flower time is 14 weeks!! If I can keep that funk and make her yield better and quicker with a cross to Critical Mass it will kick ass. Of course I have yet to flower the GMO so I still don't know if it's as stinky as they claim yet, I certainly hope so. Lol

But, yeah MNS is the shit, the second place I ordered seeds from and still my favorite. You can't beat the auction prices. I still can't believe I won the full collection pack for less than 420 Euro's, can't remember what the final price was but it didn't come too close to my top bid of 10 Euro's a pack. Lol

After being a long time member here and collecting a lot of seeds I think after reading about several reviews I’m going to have to switch to ghost train haze for my haze but the skunks and widows are still awesome here . Shit is a amazing strain especially for the price . The widow seeds I have is from a local guy who has been inbreeding the best specimens he has grown out since 98 from old seed stock its not the 98 aloha white widow its just local stuff and killer .

After being a long time member here and collecting a lot of seeds I think after reading about several reviews I’m going to have to switch to ghost train haze for my haze but the skunks and widows are still awesome here . Shit is a amazing strain especially for the price . The widow seeds I have is from a local guy who has been inbreeding the best specimens he has grown out since 98 from old seed stock its not the 98 aloha white widow its just local stuff and killer .

I imagine it depends on the phenotype with Ghost Train Haze, cause I bought a gram at a dispensary in MA and I wasn't all that impressed, definitely grown better from Mango Haze. Of course the dispensary had theirs test at only 19% THC and not the 26% phenotype they won the cups with.

The genetics do sound interesting, (Neville's Haze x Trainwreck) x Ghost OG, almost like an American version of SSH. Lol

What is the most pungent old school Hazy strain on mister nice seeds?

OP's original question. But since we are off track...
I agree with blunt; I am not impressed with the poly-hybrid GTH either. Dispensary offerings have been very hit and miss- often weak and MOTR. Of course I'll say that about dispensary offerings of SSH too. I can get decent OG but good haze is nonexistent in these places. While I have not grown the much hyped GTH, IMSmokingE, the GTH doesn't compare to a well selected, straight up Neville's, Mango or SSH; the varieties that I have repeatedly grown. Factor in my bias here which is limited to personal grow experience. I did spend my earlier time with Ace and CBG before dedicating exclusively to the MNS Haze lines. IME, MNS is flat out consistently better across many of its old school seed lines and offers regular seeds to selectively tailor to one's chemotype and personal need.
I've read the Nev post limited to a few runs and a small population that was harvested too early; it doesn't look like the Nev's was given a fair shake. Reading is helpful but actual, repeated growing experience of a specific variety is the proof of the pudding.
Old school haze? This is the place. If one is willing to spend the time, Neville's Haze, Mango Haze, and Super Silver Haze are hard to beat.

nh#7c 3_23a.jpg
Neville's Haze

"If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up..." ~ B. Marley

Shaka
Mu

What is the most pungent old school Hazy strain on mister nice seeds?

Aloha braddahs!

After thinking about BB's question, here's another one that I would consider meeting the criteria. The Doors makes an excellent indoor plant. This specimen is 3 toke. Not quite smelling like haze as I know it, it has a deeper richer funk. Good chunkiness and serious euphoria. Put a beeper on that j you set down after those few tokes bc you'll forget where you put the dang thing minutes later. I'm not telling you serious haze lovers anything you don't already know. Honest to God found myself rolling a j, then as I was lighting it, finding that "3 toke j" still sitting in the ashtray. Sounds like blowin' smoke, all I can say is put those seeds in the ground. Anyone looking for a reasonably easy haze to grow, especially the height compromised, look no further.

The Doors #10 at 9 wks

Shaka
Mu

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I have an essentially indoor/outdoor operation here. 12 plant legal grow. I’m pruning like crazy now. They say 12 plants but do they mean 12 massive trees?
I have a seedsman white widow freebie that kicked all the OGs out of the greenhouse. Has a trunk that smells like root beer. After it kicked me out I have to prune every week.
Hopefullye, weather will be decent, or at least close to average.
After reading this entire forum, I have lost all interest in my genetics. Can’t wait to harvest and run the Mister Nice. Working on expanding the inside operation with dehumidifier.
I will attempt all of the recommended varieties for inside grow post Croptober!

Yeah, that's a good question. What does hazey mean? You even have some that are lemony. I'm definitely not the biggest on Haze myself. I love the quicker plants, like a typical American. Lol
Well, to me Haze is like the best stuff I smoked in the 70s and early 80s
Not skunk. Not Kush.
I have been smoking like a chimney to try to match smoke to strain name. I’m new to the internet so, way behind on the times. One hit and I can tell you if I like it or If I have smoked it before. Right now, everything is Kushy, or smells so different from cannabis that I’m guessing they add product to hydro mix. Probably I’m after the old school long flowering holy grail.

Aloha braddahs!

After thinking about BB's question, here's another one that I would consider meeting the criteria. The Doors makes an excellent indoor plant. This specimen is 3 toke. Not quite smelling like haze as I know it, it has a deeper richer funk. Good chunkiness and serious euphoria. Put a beeper on that j you set down after those few tokes bc you'll forget where you put the dang thing minutes later. I'm not telling you serious haze lovers anything you don't already know. Honest to God found myself rolling a j, then as I was lighting it, finding that "3 toke j" still sitting in the ashtray. Sounds like blowin' smoke, all I can say is put those seeds in the ground. Anyone looking for a reasonably easy haze to grow, especially the height compromised, look no further.

The Doors #10 at 9 wks

Shaka
Mu
I’m going to grow this

Aloha braddahs!

The Doors #10 at 9 wks

Shaka
Mu
Pretty sure that’s what I want right there

Popped a bottle for a whiff today...
Not skunk. Not kush. If 70's- 80's haze is what you're looking for, she's a worthy contender. Vigorous with healthy stem, strong veined leaves, solid buds with a generous amount of frosty dry resin. She smells great of savory spice with the rich taste of meat. She stands well enough on her own but the AC male makes her excellent breeding stock. She won't disappoint.

🤙
Mu

That AC Haze male sure enough put some fire in the genes. If you are patient with the cure they will become a favorite. I hardly touch the GSC anymore.

Back