What is wrong with NL seed scene

Ptree

2021 COE Winner
What is wrong with seed scene

Hi I just wanna share some thoughts.

I am not a professional grower at all / nor the breeder.

But I wanna point something, I dont even understand much.

I always choose the seeds, if they are available as regulars at first.

But I tried many feminized seeds from many seedbanks, and i feel many of em was as if i was planting still the same seed, even if those had to be other strains in short. This apllied even for better seedbanks. (I bought newest DP USA strain some Fruit Punch, it hermed a lot and made weed without taste and without any nice smell, just the high is good... )

Why dont seedbanks sell regulars, they really dont have them?

edited heavily: cause i am moron and pasted something that wasnt meant to be here. :D

Last edited:
Many seedbanks sell only fems, as they do not want people breeding them. For example, GHS. Demand is high for fems as well, so they cater to the market. As for getting herms from fem seeds, that is bad. That typically means that they did not breed them correctly. Plants should be stressed to test for herming, and only stress tested plants that do not herm can then be forced to herm with chemicals, and then those male flowers should be bred with other regular females, and not S1 with themselves. S1 breeding bottlenecks genetics hard. But some people take short cuts to make money, so the end result vary. They use natural herms, and/or self pollinate plants for seed. I only grow and breed regular plants myself. Any herms get tossed. Its been some years since I got any herms in my grows. Mr Nice here does not sell any fems that I am aware of.

Yes exactly.
I love to support seedbanks that sell regulars. You knoe we live in world, where some politicians say and where do i get seeds?

Thats why i was encouraged to do some own seeds at 2005, and from this work i growed big love. Because i know i like buds, but when i first saw my own collection of seeds.. Its just another level.

I even bought some seeds from World of seeds, seems like new seedbank or what, at cannafest prague Brazil sativa they say. Because i was there and apart from Dutch passion, Sensi seeds, Humbolt and few others, everyone had only fems. They sell it to elder people as medicals, they used to grew on fields.
I realized how funny is it.. Theese people could teach em how to grow plants in general and they stuck.em with feminized seeds and act like scientists. :(

That just hurt my feelings.a lot, even if it is still the same plant. I just say thanks to Mr.Nice and few others for selling regullars.

I love the possibility of choosing strains and keep em, even pollinate em for own purposes if i saw nice pair.

I once planted some Dp Wwidow seeds from 2008, this i make my own seeds for first time..

Occasionaly i bougjt it again at 2015 and it was horror compared to 2008 batch.. And i can repeat my words even for other seeds from em even the others.

edit. looks like where the money are, there is progress and some qualoty,.

T Some regulars are not the top quality anymore from few seedbanks.. Thats the point.

Now i hope my needs would be satisfied with mr. Nice.. i bought BlackWidow and Ortega.

Next iam searching for some fast sativa, with cerebral high..
Still donr know which to choose..
If its gonna be critical haze or early skunk haze.. Still just cant figure out

sorry for langugae, writen from phoen, will correct once at home

Last edited:
Industry dictates trends in plant and seed sales. People buy flowering plants because they look pretty for them to die off a week later. Look at the Crysanthemum industry. There is a big argument to be made that feminising seeds means the genetics are somewhat limited to the particular breeder but you can always cross them with a regular male and work a line.
CBD Crew which is a MR NICE association only sell fems as far as I know. They're catering for inexperienced medical users.
The other argument is crossing to auto flowering plants. People say this is bad but Nevil did it - and there have been big improvements in quality and variety of genetics. Is it wrong to do it? Everyone has their opinion. It's possibly the scale and the trends that are unfairly balanced mixed with lack of knowledge and education. Look how much first time growers panic. Most of them went to school and did basic Biology courses but haven't retained the information. That is what "big canna" (like my play on big pharma) knows, is counting on and making moves to perpetuate.
The head guy from Monsanto says rather than worrying about diversity of plants, we should be looking at ways to feed the global population. He is skipping the fact that there is already ample food to feed the global population but due to markets, misinformation and lack of education, supermarkets throw away the majority of the food they stock on a weekly basis.
I.m digressing here but I hear people say there are too many people in the world for it to be sustainable when actually it's that knowledge is kept locked up by those that want to control others.

There's not only a problem with seeds.... Most stuff you buy from coffee shop these days is very bad.
Spent a week end in mokum with my wife last year and I was pissed of by the overall quality of hash and weed.... 80% of weed tasted like shit...all the expensive hash made in morroco with "moderns" strains are mixed with crap and ecig flavor..... Went to 1ers hulp and boerjongens to try their hash and it's always the same song: it makes a suspicious white smoke and leave a greazy layer of something on your fingers....
The only palatable weed I found was in Grey area.... And it was just acceptable not excellent.... Also found a great morrocan hash in a morrocan shop in suburb....

My wife who doesn't smoke was surprised that I was smoking less during our trip than during an average week end at home....

I have even been fired from a cs when I went back to the budtender and asked him to put the peace of crappy iceolator he just sold me where the sun never shines....

The Mr. Nice Instagram page posted a photo of a feminized Critical Widow on August 27. Not sure if that means it is for sale, or not. But they posted a photo of one and it's still there.

My friend is working in Holland, he took some pieces for me to try, and i gave him my master kush.. And he was like :: fuck, I thought of smoking best weed, even brought you sample, and you have better things :O :D

Why do I wrote this thread up...

Recently growed:

DP Powerplant - there is hope in it, nice producer, nice smell
DP Blueberry - nice smell, without taste and harsh as fuck, still have 5 seeds
DP Passion Fruit fem. - without smell, without taste, hermed,m actually looks same as Blueberry
DP Master Kush fem. - this had leafiest buds overall, no smell, worst taste from all 10 seeds

SS Rhino - small buds with litlle taste
SS Afghan#1 - that is ongoing quest, just tried 2 seeds, yet I dont think it will be like 10 years back tho
SS California Indica - huge leafs as it may be, so i think there is chance for this strain, same as afghan, still got 8 seeds or so

now. something better ?? :D surprise from the cheapiest
Nirvana - Master kush - very dark green, very pungent, very tasty, cerebral, maybe top of what i growed at whole time, 1 from 5 seeds... TOP
Nirvana - Bubblelicious - not quite bubble, but peppermint on inhale, and from cured buds, litlle harsh and very stony

And my OLD DP Widow F2 from 2005 ?? :D
Best Dope I have now !!
Why? is better then strains from renowned first to have, first to be and so „BREEDERS“ ?

Now thanks to Mr Nice, for really ensuring and keeping the quality, I hope to find some gems here..

I even started to support smaller breeders, who seem to have nice products, and tell you something about their lines.. such as ACE, i bought SnowMoon and PCK from em. Hoping to make my own crosses, maybe PCK x Widow..
Also bought from World of Seeds, even tho I have doubts of them, but bought some pack of AK and Brazil Amazonia regular landraces :)

Last edited:
Hi I just wanna share some thoughts.

I am not a professional grower at all / nor the breeder.

But I wanna point something, I dont even understand much.

I always choose the seeds, if they are available as regulars at first.

But I tried many feminized seeds from many seedbanks, and i feel many of em was as if i was planting still the same seed, even if those had to be other strains in short. This apllied even for better seedbanks. (I bought newest DP USA strain some Fruit Punch, it hermed a lot and made weed without taste and without any nice smell, just the high is good... )

Why dont seedbanks sell regulars, they really dont have them?

edited heavily: cause i am moron and pasted something that wasnt meant to be here. :D

the majority of people grow feminized seeds
it's just a bizness they dont care of the genetics just the money is the goal

i have read not remember where they are only 3% of the seeds sold in the world are regulars

the majority of people grow feminized seeds
it's just a bizness they dont care of the genetics just the money is the goal

i have read not remember where they are only 3% of the seeds sold in the world are regulars

Wow. If that is real.. hmm

Glad someone still selling regulars. But I doubt genetics from few.

My friend is working in Holland, he took some pieces for me to try, and i gave him my master kush.. And he was like :: fuck, I thought of smoking best weed, even brought you sample, and you have better things :O :D

Why do I wrote this thread up...

Recently growed:

DP Powerplant - there is hope in it, nice producer, nice smell
DP Blueberry - nice smell, without taste and harsh as fuck, still have 5 seeds
DP Passion Fruit fem. - without smell, without taste, hermed,m actually looks same as Blueberry
DP Master Kush fem. - this had leafiest buds overall, no smell, worst taste from all 10 seeds

SS Rhino - small buds with litlle taste
SS Afghan#1 - that is ongoing quest, just tried 2 seeds, yet I dont think it will be like 10 years back tho
SS California Indica - huge leafs as it may be, so i think there is chance for this strain, same as afghan, still got 8 seeds or so

now. something better ?? :D surprise from the cheapiest
Nirvana - Master kush - very dark green, very pungent, very tasty, cerebral, maybe top of what i growed at whole time, 1 from 5 seeds... TOP
Nirvana - Bubblelicious - not quite bubble, but peppermint on inhale, and from cured buds, litlle harsh and very stony

And my OLD DP Widow F2 from 2005 ?? :D
Best Dope I have now !!
Why? is better then strains from renowned first to have, first to be and so „BREEDERS“ ?

Now thanks to Mr Nice, for really ensuring and keeping the quality, I hope to find some gems here..

I even started to support smaller breeders, who seem to have nice products, and tell you something about their lines.. such as ACE, i bought SnowMoon and PCK from em. Hoping to make my own crosses, maybe PCK x Widow..
Also bought from World of Seeds, even tho I have doubts of them, but bought some pack of AK and Brazil Amazonia regular landraces :)

i dont like dutch passion they genetics are not terrible and they are miser (tightfisted)

i have try the mazar and the orange hill special not terrible a friend do the holland hope i smoke it and was hay never try the ww from them

i have good surprise from nirvana but the orange bud in regular as disapers was an amazing one

from ss i have only try the skunk#1

the world of seeds is not lanrace seeds but inbreed with landraces was different if you want real land race i know only the real seed compagny

Back