What are YOU smoking today? (PICTURES)

Some of us remember brick weed. I have a friend that still prefers it that way. He'll take the nicest buds and compact them like dirt weed. Insert cringe here. You oughta start a brick weed thread. I have some old stuff that has seed the size of popcorn in it. No, I've not smoked any of it. Smells like old gym socks.

Pennywise420, "Just pulled out my Bandaid Haze #7 for big taste of that hazy goodness."

Hello Pennywise420!

Any pictures of that big taste of hazy goodness? After seeing the Brickweed I need some eye bleach!

Longball

Pennywise420, "I’ll try, had problems posting photos last nite."

Dagnabbit! What kind of problem? Maybe we can help?

Longball

Excellent! The size limit for the site is about 862KB. I compress the images to as close to that size as possible. Pictures come out great. Of course, it should be a pretty good pic to start with. Compression can't fix blurriness! ;)

Longball

The Pipe

Today, I am getting ready to fire up some Jack Herer with the Racing Fuel pheno. No need to say much about it here as there is a thread about it. The pipe? If pipes could talk! While not a looker, it has held up well over the decades. It was given to me by a special friend back in the mid-seventies! After spending a few months in Mexico, he returned with 2 gifts for me. The pipe, and a kilo of Oaxacan Gold to fill it with. Special friend, indeed!

I always prefered the Oaxacan to Acapulco. I am not so good at describing these things but here is what Nevil had to say about Oaxacan: "The Oaxacan, in my memory, was much more complex. It was fruity, but had tang, with a full bodied sweetness, more fruit salad than just fruit.. The smell had the promise of leading to something delicious and it did. It was strong, yet it had balance. If the Nepalese was playing high C, the Oaxacan was playing a chord with resonance. It was a comfortable feeling, high yet grounded, profound and content. I am reminded more of a beach party, a celebration of life, (Shakira shaking her arse comes to mind). It had the well rounded high of an Indica /Sativas hybrid, without being one. This Mexican Sativa was no accident of nature. I'm sure it was bred by a Master with a love for life. N". I agree.

Over the next 40+ years, my friend traveled the world, gone for months at a time. When he returned, he always had a gift for me, often wrapped in a material or cloth that I was not familiar with. Many times with a stamp or letters on it in a language I did not understand, and always measured by the kilo. Like a child, I was always excited about getting a gift, and putting it in the pipe to try it! He never said anything about his trips, no pictures, no mention of sightseeing tours, not even what the gift was. He did generally mention the country that he had been to, and the women, but other than that, he didn't tell, I didn't ask.

Now that I have joined this site, I am trying to put things together. Well, what I can remember anyway. It's all kinda 'hazey'. Some things are easy to guess from the clues. Lebanon, reddish, hashish, a cotton linen bag with a drawstring, a stamp on it with Arabic letters. Lebanese Red Hash! Laos? Not a clue. Columbia? Reddish pot? Don't really know. Hawaii? A paint can? Maui Wowie! Cambodian? Red. Yummy. Awesome. What was it? Jamaica? Something different every time. Had a name once but forgot it. If pipes could talk! haha

Sadly, my friend lost his battle with cancer last year at the tender young age of 63!

Ride In Peace, Jim!

I will put this pipe to good use today, Jim. This bud's for you!
View attachment 46275

Longball

I had that exact pipe I bought in Playa del Carmen, Mexico for many years. LOL

Back