Well....this is gonna sound strange :)

CannaFish

Extreme lemon scent when breaking up the leaves.....EXTREME lemon, no chance of missing that odor.
I smoked half of a pretty large doober and it ripped my head clean off.....unbelievably strong, soaring, energetic high.
WTF?!?
smoking the leaves got you ripped?

n2ishun

Here's a thing that maybe one of you has seen before (I have not).
The grow tips of all branches on all plants I have start out as pink (yep, pink) and then obviously turn to a normal green.
The wind was breezy today (50 mph +/-) so it was difficult to get a clean shot.....I had to steady it with my free hand, I hope it's visible enough for you to get a grasp of what I see.
I also thought I should *try* to get a side shot so you can see how dense these are growing for a sativa.....full amazonian rain forest and shit.
Hope the images help you to see what I see.21.jpg22.jpg

n2ishun

Stoopid me takes a digicam from the house with the AC on outside where it's 100*f+ and expects to take a picture....doh, lense fogged up big time.
Best image out of about 20....sorry for quality.
Just wanted to say that this plant is flowering ? WTF, it's extremely hot and just hit summer solstice what, a week ago ?
This plant is weird, unreal weird.xx.jpg

longball

n2ishun said:
Hello n2ishun!

Maybe it is the heat? 3 of my 17 plants also started budding BEFORE the solstice! It has been VERY hot here also. Usually I don't see buds until well into August. One plant even changed from indica looking in veg to sativa looking in flower! I took a cutting of that one! lol

Longball

n2ishun

Finally got a good clean image of how the tops are pink before turning normal green.
It's weird looking after having grown so many plants that are nothing like these things.
Second image should show just how extreme sativa the things are.
z.jpgzz.jpg

MrG

In the 90s , Mississippi river /railroad tracks , the locals would mix seeds from brick weed with wild hemp , to hide it . Go back in fall . The trains would go by pollinating for miles. The first autoflowers ? It was the same in Wisconsin only the plants were shorter . I think the Mississippi river banks has autos from gulf of Mexico to Minneapolis

n2ishun

Minor image update.
Flowering well, heavily bushed.
Snapped off top intentionally since it was trying to overtake the world.
I have one with the top I snapped at 6 foot tall and it's now about 9 foot with a 4 foot top hanging down....maybe would have gone 15 foot ?!? and still growing hard.
Another is about 5 foot that I have been snapping the upper parts regularly and it's about 8 foot or so in diameter, super branchy, heavily laden.
IMG_0188.JPGIMG_0189.JPG

acrid

is the sap red when you take a cutting? Can't help but think about 'the Blood' found in hawaii's kona gold

n2ishun

Not much resin but from my experience not many sats are very sticky.
No it was partially seeded by a male I didn't yank quick enough....not that thats a problem.
I really have nothing invested in the plant, seeds were free, just plopped them into the ground and I water it when I water my garden.
It does have a 'groovy bitchin' 70's smell to it though...one has a bit more citrus and the other has that lovely chocolate with the standard spicy/sandlewood/cinnamon/mexican herbs smells dominating.
I have massive stash of all sorts so I'm not even really looking to smoke the stuff, I'm only growing it because I've never seen a healthy ditchweed plant....I guess now I have huh ?
The early samples are all the same, damn near heart attack inducing speedball shit.....not really getting high, but such a burst of energy you'd think 'did I just whiff an ounce of coke?'.
I have some super potent ice hash I made from some random sativas I grew and it will not even come close to the rush you get from this stuff.
It's weird, I know, and trying to describe it is very difficult.
It has to be super high in cbd and some other ancillary chems like cbn or whatever, but I'm certain the thc is low.
I dunno....what is it that gives you the speed rush in sativas ? anyone ?
Hey, this is the breeders subforum, and what good is it if there isn't some experimentation, right ?

CannaFish

I like that you are growing it out. I smoked some CBG hemp and liked it alot, but wouldnt say it was a rush. I just tried to grow seeds from it and they were duds.

n2ishun

Funked up looking buds. Is there resin on it? Did it seed itself?
I went over to another field that I *koff* johnny appleseeded at about the same time these plants were started.
Obviously it's heavily seeded but I grabbed a few tops to see for myself if there is any resin glands.
Lo and behold.
IMG_0195.JPG

The place is a mess though....thousands of males that have played out and thousands of females droopy with seed weight.
Heh, wonder what it will look like in a year or two because I'm just going to leave it be.....and it's not a place anyone will go because it's difficult to access and really nothing there to draw folks in.
But there ya have it, full on open pollination, big time.
Gawd this paper plate is right under my nose as I type this and the smells are incredible....I don't care what anyone says, it smells freaking killer.

slabsofdank

It sounds interesting. No telling where the original seed came from. And then if it's been adapting for the new climate for no telling how many generations. When most hemp was grown there weren't any low thc requirements. Not like today. It got low because it was bred out of dominate characteristics. Those recessive genetics are still in that dna just waiting to come out. You've found something. Keep us posted if you can get it tested.

longball

"Oh yea, and seed size....super tiny, you can cover 20 seeds with a dime easily."

I used to look at seeds under a microscope. Beauty in the different spots, and lines, color. I never saw two alike. Like Leopards or Snowflakes, no two alike. More of Nature's Beauty! :)

Longball