Well....this is gonna sound strange :)

n2ishun

Bear with me and try to see the larger picture....k?

Minding my own business (yea, right) last year I happened across a rather impressive 12 foot specimen of Kansas ditch weed.
OK, I know its hemp from probably 100+ years ago farming for rope fiber, seed oil, or whatever.
Of course it was all covered in tiny airy bud and fully seeded (it was fully finished and mostly dried out).
It was definately 100% sativa.
Of course I smoked some, never know till you try, right?
It was a bit harsh, not too bad, with a taste straight from 1975.
Metallic with classic spiciness/ peppery.
I could get a light buzz from it if I smoked enough but I have this suspicion that the CBd levels are thru the roof, it's just how it made me feel...I cant prove it until I get it tested, and I plan to.

Now, the seeds are incredibly tiny, I have never seen smaller.
I know it grows huge, it was a ginormous plant and zero care was given to it.
It's pure sativa and acclimated to growing in VERY harsh conditions (think it was ever watered other than rain, nope).
BTW it's been introduced into arizona....shh:)

Ok, I'm going to try and work with it.
It's likely no one has tried to cross it with a more desirable high thc strain.
I have quite a few pure sats in my personal bean collection, mex, lumbo, thai, vietnamese, etc
Imagine a super huge vigorous pure sativa with high cbd and reasonable thc that is hardy enough to get thru frost and drought.
Oh btw, it goes purple at the drop of a hint....a have a seedling that the 2nd set of leaves are solid purple and its growing perfectly.

This might just work, I know stranger things have happened.

Bear with me and try to see the larger picture....k?

Minding my own business (yea, right) last year I happened across a rather impressive 12 foot specimen of Kansas ditch weed.
OK, I know its hemp from probably 100+ years ago farming for rope fiber, seed oil, or whatever.
Of course it was all covered in tiny airy bud and fully seeded (it was fully finished and mostly dried out).
It was definately 100% sativa.
Of course I smoked some, never know till you try, right?
It was a bit harsh, not too bad, with a taste straight from 1975.
Metallic with classic spiciness/ peppery.
I could get a light buzz from it if I smoked enough but I have this suspicion that the CBd levels are thru the roof, it's just how it made me feel...I cant prove it until I get it tested, and I plan to.

Now, the seeds are incredibly tiny, I have never seen smaller.
It's pure sativa and acclimated to growing in VERY harsh conditions (think it was ever watered other than rain, nope).
BTW it's been introduced into arizona....shh:)

Ok, I'm going to try and work with it.
It's likely no one has tried to cross it with a more desirable high thc strain.
I have quite a few pure sats in my personal bean collection, mex, lumbo, thai, vietnamese, etc
Imagine a super huge vigorous pure sativa with high cbd and reasonable thc that is hardy enough to get thru frost and drought.
Oh btw, it goes purple at the drop of a hint....a have a seedling that the 2nd set of leaves are solid purple and its growing perfectly.

This might just work, I know stranger things have happened.

Go for it! WAY better idea than using ruderalis IMO.

In fact Mel Frank has been pushing this idea since at least 89 IIRC. It's in one of his books.

Good job to do man..
Just follow your passion ;-)

Feel free to post a photo or two.
Iam thirsty about purplings :)

I've always wondered how many generations a well-implemented breeding program would require to start with hemp such as this and end up with something similar to a quality Mexican, Colombian or Thai sativa.

Something else I forgot to mention.
The thing that makes me really want to work with it is that it was finished in Kansas in late October....
That should signify a very fast sativa eh?

Edit
Grrr, removed massively oversized image

Last edited:
Aloha braddahs!

...Now, the seeds are incredibly tiny, I have never seen smaller.
It's pure sativa and acclimated to growing in VERY harsh conditions (think it was ever watered other than rain, nope)...
...Ok, I'm going to try and work with it.
It's likely no one has tried to cross it with a more desirable high thc strain...
...Imagine a super huge vigorous pure sativa with high cbd and reasonable thc that is hardy enough to get thru frost and drought...

yellow bear hemp.jpg
Yellow Bear Hemp

Tiny seeds for sure. Found during my travels to the Mid-West last year. In an area known for -40 deg. below winters and dry, harsh summers, this plant was found standing alone amongst the yarrow, wild roses and sage. I plan to cross this wild strain with the ACDC x Ortega I made earlier, which BTW turned out to be excellent medicine.

Shaka
Mu

I have heard other things about TrainWreck, but the real deal seems more likely Xed to "weedy hemp" for the speed and size than a friggin ruderalis.

Hi,

Don't know what it's worth but I found a record
Of an experience at the end of 19th siècle by a man called Husson who was a botanic teacher at the University of Cairo.
He cultivated in France rich thc cannabis imported from Egypt (that was a big hash producer at the time) and
noticed that they were loosing their potency within 4 years and were growing higher and produced more fibers.
The same experience was done in Egypt with French hemp and they turned to high thc strain also in 4 years.....

As I said I don't know what it's worth (I suspect than in both cases imported plants have hybridized with local strains) but
I wanted to share this input with you.

Last edited:
Aloha Tom,

Have you a link for this? I'd like to follow up as I was amazed to find that tall, thin leafed plant out in the middle of nowhere. I suspect birds had a hand in this. Seeded with no one around. She could turn out to be the untamable, wild one lol.

Shaka
Mu

Hi,

No it's not Husson's book but it makes reference to it.
This book (Cours de Botanique, 1847) seems unfoundable.... I have a contact at the national museum in Paris.... They certainly have a copy...

Anyway I was amazed by the quality of the document you sent....the plant was already well studied in late 40's.

A few points attracted my attention:
1- an other reference of loss of potency when grown
Under different condition (quote 27. By E. Safi)
2- hashish was still produced at the time in Chinese turkestan.
3- référence of "pure, washed resin".... Was it sieved resin washed in water? Can we see it as a primitive form of bubble hash?

Will keep you in touch if a can get Husson's book....
Anyway it will be in French.... And my English isn't good enough to translate it well.

Last edited:
Acclimation to a certain environment happens to any type plant if grown outdoors.
Let a domesticated hog loose and it will become fully feral in a week and begin growing tusks at that time.

Nothing new there.

You have to fully control the environment to manage anything that is fully wild, that should be obvious.

I was going to say that reversion to feral is usually in the generations downstream from reintroducing organisms to the wild. Pigs are at the extreme end of speed back to feral IMO. Hell, the Spaniards knew that they would survive and adapt.

Thanks fish.

Aloha brahs!

And there is nothing like wild pig coming out of the ground wrapped in banana leaves. Oh so delicious! Pass the poi and more kava kava please.
Wonder what lies in store with these newfound seeds?

Shaka
Mu

Outdoors in the Arizona desert.
They strangely look rather indica at this point.
No care has been taken, planted straight into desert sand, rain has provided the only water.
Note the purple in the second pic....these will go very purple.

155.jpg

2100.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Sorry for the way I have them well camouflaged, it doesn't serve well for pics as you can *sorta* see.
I had to rather harshly top a couple of them as they were getting quite tall.....of course I dried and tried those leafy tops.
This is where things get interesting.
Extreme lemon scent when breaking up the leaves.....EXTREME lemon, no chance of missing that odor.
I smoked half of a pretty large doober and it ripped my head clean off.....unbelievably strong, soaring, energetic high.
WTF?!?
I've been smoking all along lately and do not have a low tolerance.
I have this feeling that I did not find a ditch weed sativa/hemp plant but possibly some throwback mexican or columbian that someone threw seeds out the car window and it seeded it's self in the wild for a few decades.
You should be able to see it's a very densely growing sativa, although it has been in the 90's and 100's here lately and obviously also I have tended the plants pretty well so they are very healthy specimens.....but it is not a wispy, lanky ditch weed looking plant in the slightest.
No frikkin telling as to what I really got ahold of.

Here's a thing that maybe one of you has seen before (I have not).
The grow tips of all branches on all plants I have start out as pink (yep, pink) and then obviously turn to a normal green.
The wind was breezy today (50 mph +/-) so it was difficult to get a clean shot.....I had to steady it with my free hand, I hope it's visible enough for you to get a grasp of what I see.
I also thought I should *try* to get a side shot so you can see how dense these are growing for a sativa.....full amazonian rain forest and shit.
Hope the images help you to see what I see.21.jpg22.jpg

Stoopid me takes a digicam from the house with the AC on outside where it's 100*f+ and expects to take a picture....doh, lense fogged up big time.
Best image out of about 20....sorry for quality.
Just wanted to say that this plant is flowering ? WTF, it's extremely hot and just hit summer solstice what, a week ago ?
This plant is weird, unreal weird.xx.jpg

Back