Time to Seperate the Kids from the Adults

The Dog Ate It

After 9 years of growing I feel it is finally time to take on the famous NH.:eek:

I have my seed order all lined up and will get it from Attitude since I am in the states. Thanks to all of you that have walked these steps before me and have been so kind to post your trials and tribulations I feel I have a strong foundation in which to begin my endeavors.

When I begin my journal I will attempt to include every detail and leave no gaps.
I will be modeling the grow after herbalizor's as far as the nute regime goes although there may be some variances. The journal will help document the effects of each change and the outcome. I will also try to give an American equivalent product of each nute or product for each one that seems to be specific to the European or UK market. The reason for this is because when I was trying to write down Herbalizor's nute recipe I found that there were several products that were either hard and/or too expensive to get any old place in the U.S., or their equivalent was under a different brand name.

Other than that the journal will be purely about the grow.

I look forward to joining the ranks of those who have already succeeded with NH and to giving the smoke a place it can call home in my lungs lol.:D

Wishing Herbie A Speedy Recovery

After 9 years of growing I feel it is finally time to take on the famous NH.:eek:

I have my seed order all lined up and will get it from Attitude since I am in the states. Thanks to all of you that have walked these steps before me and have been so kind to post your trials and tribulations I feel I have a strong foundation in which to begin my endeavors.

When I begin my journal I will attempt to include every detail and leave no gaps.
I will be modeling the grow after herbalizor's as far as the nute regime goes although there may be some variances. The journal will help document the effects of each change and the outcome. I will also try to give an American equivalent product of each nute or product for each one that seems to be specific to the European or UK market. The reason for this is because when I was trying to write down Herbalizor's nute recipe I found that there were several products that were either hard and/or too expensive to get any old place in the U.S., or their equivalent was under a different brand name.

Other than that the journal will be purely about the grow.

I look forward to joining the ranks of those who have already succeeded with NH and to giving the smoke a place it can call home in my lungs lol.:D
Sounds Great
Will You Be Using Lumix L.E.D Plasmas Like Herbie Does ? ( A 300 Watt Lumix Is Equal To A 600 HPS. However They Cost £800.00 Each!
Most Products Are Available Stateside
Which Nutes/Additives Do You Seek? ( I'll Find You A Link ;) )
Always Love Growing Herbies Selections And Big Repect Goes Out To Him Right Now As He's Not Well Right Now .
Sending Good Vibes To Herbie And Hope He Recovers Soon. Almost Ten Years Since I've Known Herbie And I Must Say It's A Priveledge To Be His Friend

JKP.

Attachments

• Cal_Mag_Issues-_Blue_Chem-_Feb4.jpg
    Cal_Mag_Issues-_Blue_Chem-_Feb4.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Bathed_Blue_Chems-Day41-Jan30.jpg
    Bathed_Blue_Chems-Day41-Jan30.jpg
    856.7 KB · Views: 32
  • LSKQ-Oct10-_halfway_flowered.jpg
    LSKQ-Oct10-_halfway_flowered.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Oct8-_Quality_Sweet-LSKQ.jpg
    Oct8-_Quality_Sweet-LSKQ.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 20
howzit TDAI

P1010883.JPG

here is a very nice male that did its business with several receptive girls I had lined up for him.:D

you seem like the scientific type from your intro and work achieving 4.0 GPA in your Associate Degree. Congratulations.:)

I tend to take a different approach in this area as my purpose is different than yours. though i have devised templates for detailed notes, everything is in my head. Also, I grow strictly for myself (Med.) and have no interest or desire to eventually capitalize from my pollen chucking. I am careful of my selections though and am happy with the results of my crosses. They (crosses) are everything that I wanted them to be (old school hazes). Nevil, Shanti were the only source that were close to the originals and the products speak for themselves.:)

will be pulling up a chair to watch your documentation process and want to wish you the best in your up-coming grow. also, user names are usually thought up at the spur of the moment for any and every reason. do you have a shorter handle? for us one-fingered typists any shortcut helps:D

You got me dialed in real good skunkha. Yeah I really lean towards the scientific side of things. It allows for the project to be repeated with the expectation of achieving the same results each time. It is my way of contributing to others who may wish to take on a particular project and hope for success, or at the very least, avoid the same mistakes. You won't find me doing any scientific projects of reproduction for the purpose of financial gain, although I may occasionally make seeds from IBL's so I don't have to buy those seeds again. I feel there are many fine breeders already in place and I enjoy trying out their works. When it comes to breeding I stick to daylilies.

JKP, that sounds like some fine equipment and we even covered the subject of LED's in my studies. They most certainly surpass traditional HID lighting. Furthermore, since the footprint is much more focused the issue of lost lighting is greatly reduced. Personally, I whole-heartedly embrace the notion that LED lighting renders HID lighting obsolete as least as far as MJ growing is concerned. But as you mentioned, the single greatest reason it isn't commonly used as of yet is the extreme cost. Unfortunately, that leaves me out as well since I am the poster child for the expression "starving student."

I currently own two 400 watt Sunlight Systems with switchable ballasts. I have decided though to invest in a 600 watt system at the beginning of next semester when my student loans come in. I have even already been eyeballing a sweet digital rig at the local hydro shop for under $300 USD. The drawback to the 600 watt system though is the extra cost for the bulbs compared to a 400 watt bulb. Also, with the 400 watt bulbs I can buy them at the local home improvement store at a substantial savings over hydro store prices. But with 600 watt bulbs, I will only be able to get them at the hydro store since I won't order bulbs over the internet. However,for the grow, since there are already several documented NH grows using 6oo watt systems I will conduct my grow journal using a 400 watt system so that it may benefit those who only have a 400 watt system and can't afford to go out and buy a new 600 watt system. You can bet though my personal grows will take advantage of the 600 watt capabilities.

I finally have a seed ordering date which will be Feb. 1st. That is when the funds are scheduled to be released. I would be really biting at the bit having to wait until then if it wasn't for a couple of Sensi Star girls that will be ready in roughly 12 days.

Skunkha, to answer you question about my username, you can call me Jammy.
That is what I call my dog and I love her dearly. It is just me and her, no wife, no kids. Her real name is Jasmine Dreams but somehow I found myself just calling her Jammy. I used a picture of her from a pheasant hunting trip for my avatar. In the pic there was 3 pheasants lying at her feet but I cropped them off so I could center the pic on her.

Below is one of my daylily breeding efforts I had registered as an officially recognized cultivar. Can't post its name because it was named after a classmate who has become a close friend.

Registered_daylily1.JPG

Last edited:
Hello, I am very interested in neville haze. So I be checking in on this. I am wrapping up construction ofmy "long flower box" soon and have my eyes on NH. I already have a pack of nev haze x mango ready to go. I see you are buying a dig ballast and I think that's a good move. I would like to respectfully disagree with LED being superior to hid. My two reasons for this are: this challenge from a grower whom I respect and started out by copying his designs and still run his system to this day. Rumple's LED Challenge - Grasscity.com Forums. He actually does two well documented grows with led and several with a 400w hid in same room. The second reason is a good friend of mine has to have the most expensive everything and I built him a room and he bought top $ LED and he produces fluffy buds and def less weight. He also runs clones supplied by me so I know what the finished product should be. Now the smoke is pretty much equal. Good luck with your nev hazes. Peace.

You have a very good point about the fluffy buds so perhaps I should better define my statement. The led's are better during veg state but not flowering. Better during veg especially during earlier stage of veg because seedlings can be grown in a high density area allowing a greenhouse grower (or home grower) to better utilize the overall space of their grow area at least until the plants begin to bush out. Your difference in opinion is very welcomed. It is the cornerstone of all advances in knowledge.

Test Test is this Microphone On?

Just thought I would let yaz know I'm not dead. Still doing the countdown until the beans can be ordered. 2 weeks left and counting down.

I'm back in school and doing my last semester for my hort degree so kinda busy with the books so a little less time for posting. My Sensi Star girls I have going right now are real sugar frosted and I am upbeat about that but they are still putting on weight which means it looks like the harvest date will have to be pushed back a bit:(

I have been dealing with going to job interviews and my lungs have been weed free since Nov. 15 and that just sucks:mad: I have already been head-hunted twice and one is for an assistant growers position at a major greenhouse operation. It looks promising but had to tell them they would have to wait until I graduate because I am not going to go into thousands of dollars in debt with student loans and still walk away without a degree. They said they might be willing to work around my class schedule but that is where it was left at so we will see.

Anyhow, just wanted to let all of you good people know I still have the Nevilles journal planned for any who are interested.

Peace

Hey The Dog Ate It,

That assistant growers position at a major greenhouse operation wasn't here by any chance?

NH2.jpg

Good luck with your studies and your grow!

That is so cool! I think I would just move in and never come back out. Probably because I would be too stoned to find the:D door.

Finally, Some Progress

Managed to keep things on schedule and sent payment in for Nevilles Haze yesterday from the Attitude. I ordered some Vanilla Kush by Barney's Farm too. Don't know anything about the vanilla Kush but it sounded interesting so I figured what the hell why not. I'll post a pic of the new arrival when it gets here.

T
You got me dialed in real good skunkha. Yeah I really lean towards the scientific side of things. It allows for the project to be repeated with the expectation of achieving the same results each time. It is my way of contributing to others who may wish to take on a particular project and hope for success, or at the very least, avoid the same mistakes. You won't find me doing any scientific projects of reproduction for the purpose of financial gain, although I may occasionally make seeds from IBL's so I don't have to buy those seeds again. I feel there are many fine breeders already in place and I enjoy trying out their works. When it comes to breeding I stick to daylilies.

JKP, that sounds like some fine equipment and we even covered the subject of LED's in my studies. They most certainly surpass traditional HID lighting. Furthermore, since the footprint is much more focused the issue of lost lighting is greatly reduced. Personally, I whole-heartedly embrace the notion that LED lighting renders HID lighting obsolete as least as far as MJ growing is concerned. But as you mentioned, the single greatest reason it isn't commonly used as of yet is the extreme cost. Unfortunately, that leaves me out as well since I am the poster child for the expression "starving student."

I currently own two 400 watt Sunlight Systems with switchable ballasts. I have decided though to invest in a 600 watt system at the beginning of next semester when my student loans come in. I have even already been eyeballing a sweet digital rig at the local hydro shop for under $300 USD. The drawback to the 600 watt system though is the extra cost for the bulbs compared to a 400 watt bulb. Also, with the 400 watt bulbs I can buy them at the local home improvement store at a substantial savings over hydro store prices. But with 600 watt bulbs, I will only be able to get them at the hydro store since I won't order bulbs over the internet. However,for the grow, since there are already several documented NH grows using 6oo watt systems I will conduct my grow journal using a 400 watt system so that it may benefit those who only have a 400 watt system and can't afford to go out and buy a new 600 watt system. You can bet though my personal grows will take advantage of the 600 watt capabilities.

I finally have a seed ordering date which will be Feb. 1st. That is when the funds are scheduled to be released. I would be really biting at the bit having to wait until then if it wasn't for a couple of Sensi Star girls that will be ready in roughly 12 days.

Skunkha, to answer you question about my username, you can call me Jammy.
That is what I call my dog and I love her dearly. It is just me and her, no wife, no kids. Her real name is Jasmine Dreams but somehow I found myself just calling her Jammy. I used a picture of her from a pheasant hunting trip for my avatar. In the pic there was 3 pheasants lying at her feet but I cropped them off so I could center the pic on her.

Below is one of my daylily breeding efforts I had registered as an officially recognized cultivar. Can't post its name because it was named after a classmate who has become a close friend.

Registered_daylily1.JPG

This aged pretty well now that costs have dropped.. although some of the best / big name LEDs are still pretty expensive!

Back