The Mac by capulator

Chems, Sours and OG all have pretty much the same needs. Supply them with what they need and they’ll click all the boxes and then some.

Regardless of potency? Cash crop mentality.. fair enough... home growers, special plants that need attention are or can be worth it... everyone looking for the crops/high/taste of yesteryear but toss herm plants regardless of the potency. Wonder why we lost all those gems? But then, No one ever buy any seeded flowers in the 70- 80s lmfao..
I have grown hashplant og hybrids by bodhi that put out 4% terpenes and 25% + THC consistently that do not express hermaphroditism readily, are self supporting, and yeild massive. they require a large amount of stress to induce hermies. If you or I can make a simple error, to cause something to express hermaphrotiditsm, that isn't cash crop mentality. that is normal "I put time and resources into this project, why would I risk it" logic. I ingest very, very large amounts of cannabis, so I wouldn't say I am a cash cropper. If I was I would grow glue. as it literally flies around here. but Gorilla Glue #4 is Reggie's to me(like Strawbeery cough, I can smoke over an ounce a day and not feel better or catch a placebo from being really high). and I don't grow Reggie's on purpose.

I have never smoked anything potent from those breeders, regardless of who grew it. to repeat, if the only breeders who'se work was available was DNA and Cali connect, I would quit growing, and smoking as there wouldn't be anything I find medicinal. I would be an anxious wreck (as there is no real medicine for Asperger's related anxieties that I have been put on) w/ an Oxycontin prescription for my back pain.

for cash cropping you could literally grow anything, and call it glue/cookie/mac/runtz, and it will sell here. even if it don't look or smell right. the average smoker doesn't care, and only wants to catch a buzz. if you have better weed than the normal, one has to work to get the extra its worth here.
aside from governmental attrition, people culling hermaphrodites is why the older lines died yes. some of the people I reference, like Kevin Jodrey, got popped and was given the option to join the military, and helped to catch imported cannabis as a Navy Diver. Another guy who was popped was put on paraquat duty in Mexico and south America. when they got out of the service, they went right back to growing.

from the commercial/cash crop vs home grower debate. If a plant can literally be caused to enter hermaphroditism w/ minimal effort in my stress induction tests, it isn't worth it for either application. issues arise on both fronts.

I run an extra flower space to test all the plants I want to keep for hermaphroditism. The only plants to pass the tests after 12 years are a BCGA space queen, Mac one caps cut, delicious seeds cotton candy(literally would not express hermaphroditism over multiple tests light, heat, cold, too much P,K,N, not enough P,K, N, Too much auxin, not enough auxin, only did it when sprayed with colloidal silver, i didn't know about STS at the time), and Tranquil Elephantizer v2. the space queen and the mac hermie. space queen from heat, but it reverts asap the heat is gone, and if you plucked the male bits out soon enough then no seeds get made. the mac took 3 weeks to put out hermie flowers from a continual light leak, and reverted back to making female flowers a few days after the light was removed. I didn't have the tranquil long enough to do full testing, but heat and light stress wouldn't cause it to express hermies. IDK if cold or too much or too little ferts and hormones would have done it. I lost the clones of SQ and TEv2 a few years back when my dad got in a car accident and I wasn't able to care for all the plants right w/ ,my mental state. and his inability to work for awhile. I stopped growing the cotton candy as it was good, but not great. one of the 1st freebie seeds I got from a seed order

I use a pair of 3c horology(watch repair) tweezers for pulling hermie flowers out from the base.

story time. ERA early 00's- early 10s I grew up playing a card game called Magic the Gathering. I began playing at the store that all the local people who went to regionals and played at a very competitive level went to play for fun. I learned quickly that if if you put a card in your deck that doesn't progress you to winning, or make it more difficult for the opponent to win, you cant even participate in the fun. I was a small fish in a pool of sharks. I was not good. compared to these people. My 1st time playing "casual" MTG I was the big fish because I grew up around BIG fish. I didn't enjoy beating up on people who "played for fun" when my idea of "fun" was at a completely different level of play than them.
the weirds thing is I don't value competition or competitiveness, because none of us viewed each other as competition in that environment. even mid tournament "hey(insert name) you messed up by doing this, if you do X,Y, and Z tomorrow at regionals when someone else plays this deck, you will win" I never went to regionals or anything, my parents were not cool leaving me, and didn't want to stay out of town for days at a time all the time.

Chems, Sours and OG all have pretty much the same needs. Supply them with what they need and they’ll click all the boxes and then some.
yes, and quite a few breeders have chem, og, and sour that isn't sourced from DNA or cali connection trash. that is way less hermaphroditic.

You have the chaco cut, which if it is the actual SD, then it shouldn't express it nearly as easily as its progeny. at least from what I have read and been listening to on the FCP podcasts/zoom calls.

people like Duke Diamond, Skunk VA and others have chem, and sour that has never been in the hands of Cali and dna, and sell hybrid seed of it. my friend who gave me the mac cut, is friends w/ Duke, so I have access to all kinds of goodness if I were to ask.

there are quite a few OG's that get passed around that aren't from those companies, so I have no need to get seed from people who I think do some of the worst work in the industry.

Also, the friend I keep mentioning, just got some of Rez's new stuff in. the sour diesel IBL, and chem91 x SD. whats your opionion on that guys work Penny?

Chem and SD check 0 of my boxes for personal use. its ok weed that gets me high. I could care less about being just high. I want to feel better.

OG is ok, it makes my back go numb, but only some of the hybrids work for Asperger's related anxieties.
It's why I am growing "basic"
afghan and afghan skunks. my patients love MAC, I want to smoke whats medicinal to me.

I worries bigsur? The Overwritten response... Regardless of potency is what I’m answering.. ridiculous... lost all the old, I wonder why..I’m not wrong.. either are you... got choices in life.. shits to hard, you can toss it. Shits hard but worth it, I’ll work with what I have.. fairly simple.. just don’t want to hear from you that things been lost, not the same, not as good etc etc..it’s because of people like yo, with that mentality.fairly obvious with yer opinion on a plant you’ve never tasted..

Not sure about DNA but anything Cali Connection has will be a backcross. If you’re looking for Chems, Sour or OG you want to trace it back to the source. If you can’t do that it’s probably not what you think it is. I find this especially true with the OG. There’s only 2 I know to be the real deal. All others are suspect. Chem 91 is SkunkVa cut, Chem D is Pbud cut. Sour Diesel is Chaco. If it doesn’t have over the top potency it’s probably not genuine.

I worries bigsur? The Overwritten response... Regardless of potency is what I’m answering.. ridiculous... lost all the old, I wonder why..I’m not wrong.. either are you... got choices in life.. shits to hard, you can toss it. Shits hard but worth it, I’ll work with what I have.. fairly simple.. just don’t want to hear from you that things been lost, not the same, not as good etc etc..it’s because of people like yo, with that mentality.fairly obvious with yer opinion on a plant you’ve never tasted..
I am not big sur, But I am captain Wordy McWordson, of the Wordship U.S.S. Essay. Expect many, many words to come from me. I also may seem argumentative, but I am just aggressive in my style of communication.

What makes you think I haven't experienced the diesel, chem, or OG? just because I don't like a variety doesn't mean I haven't had it.

I've lost an heirloom thai, GrapeStomper, GDP, BCGA space queen, and many other great rare plants. but none of that matters to me. they are just plants. I find more medicinal effect from basic afghan skunk plants than literally any famous variety. like a fruity 90's super skunk got me feeling way better than some chem d x g13 haze that someone grew for a dispensary back when I 1st started growing. It wasn't even great super skunk.

If you think a plant that is temperamental is worth it, good on you, but when my metric is applied, it is not. "I can't kill it w/o substantial effort" and "it wont express hermaphroditism readily" are my 1st 2 metrics. effect is 3rd, smell is 4th, and flavor is last. mainly because I can't taste anything but burning weed from flower. and when I do dabs wax, as long as it doesn't taste bad its fine.

Not sure about DNA but anything Cali Connection has will be a backcross. If you’re looking for Chems, Sour or OG you want to trace it back to the source. If you can’t do that it’s probably not what you think it is. I find this especially true with the OG. There’s only 2 I know to be the real deal. All others are suspect. Chem 91 is SkunkVa cut, Chem D is Pbud cut. Sour Diesel is Chaco. If it doesn’t have over the top potency it’s probably not genuine.
exactly. and I have smoked the chem 91 cutting, its potent, but not my medicine. I have had the Triangle OG(supposedly the original) and I have had sour diesel that supposedly dates back to at least 02, so no idea which one it was or if it was bag seed. to my knowledge, i have only had chem D S'1s and hybrids they were good, but also, not my medicine by themselves.

I’m absolutely positive you’ve never tasted my sour d that I grew from Cali connection seed pack, obtained from herbies headshop won from a competition.. read you spent $600 found herms and wasted money.. What your not realizing is people have different needs. Seems to be a running topic in my posts to you.. I’m not you, your not me. We look at the world differently, as we are living our own lives and have our own needs to fulfill. I’m not ever wanting to sell a seed of cannabis.. I’m here to grow tasty smoke.. mns is what I grow.. I have grow and would grow again Cali connection sour d. Id grow by itself, as I’m aware of the attention to detail required and needs that don’t suite other strains, to grow her.. worth it for me.. I’m not trying to find her a mating partner.. so a stress test is pointless..

What I would love to do is tissue culture on some of the old Clone only cuts. Some of these plants are over 30 years old. I’d like to get them cleaned up from viruses see how they improve. We had a local strain that was devastating back around 2000 but has lost a lot of potency over the last 20 or so years. You’re correct about the effects which are far more important to me.

I’m absolutely positive you’ve never tasted my sour d that I grew from Cali connection seed pack, obtained from herbies headshop won from a competition.. read you spent $600 found herms and wasted money.. What your not realizing is people have different needs. Seems to be a running topic in my posts to you.. I’m not you, your not me. We look at the world differently, as we are living our own lives and have our own needs to fulfill. I’m not ever wanting to sell a seed of cannabis.. I’m here to grow tasty smoke.. mns is what I grow.. I have grow and would grow again Cali connection sour d. Id grow by itself, as I’m aware of the attention to detail required and needs that don’t suite other strains, to grow her.. worth it for me.. I’m not trying to find her a mating partner.. so a stress test is pointless..
and I don't sell or intend to sell seeds either. I just want to know my plants fully so I am mean to a room of clones all the time, and doing different mean things each time.
We are different, but if you planted 1 pack and found a keeper, and I planted 8 or 9 packs and didn't, that seems to indicate to me, that you found the 1 out of 100 that was worth keeping. good on you. but unless its a genetic outlier, I may have grown that phenotype and deemed it not worthy of life.
please describe its growth and the smells it makes while growing. what kind of effect does it have? I will go through my notes and see if there are similarities to anything from my packs.

I’m not that grower.. it’d be all in a journal on another forum I’m no longer allowed to frequent, lol.. about five years ago and my journals are like mates catching up, lots of bullshit between what’s important. So I’m not searching.. I will say, only few strains I’d grow again and why I know it was a special plant. saying all of this, its a plant that needs attention and why I haven’t grown any of the remaining seeds, not because of what the plant produces. With those seeds, I give them to friends with full disclosure they aren’t up to my standards because of ab or c... auto, bullshit or fem, lol..your posts are 1000 in agreement to my 1 in support, reason I’m making it known that the plants can be awesome , special if you will.. because that s what I have experienced in a very small tiny no selection at all process..

Last edited:
I’m not that grower.. it’d be all in a journal on another forum I’m no longer allowed to frequent, lol.. about five years ago and my journals are like mates catching up, lots of bullshit between what’s important. So I’m not searching.. I will say, only few strains I’d grow again and why I know it was a special plant. saying all of this, its a plant that needs attention and why I haven’t grown any of the remaining seeds, not because of what the plant produces. With those seeds, I give them to friends with full disclosure they aren’t up to my standards because of ab or c... auto, bullshit or fem, lol..your posts are 1000 in agreement to my 1 in support, reason I’m making it known that the plants can be awesome , special if you will.. because that s what I have experienced in a very small tiny no selection at all process..
I am that guy, I have scribblings and thoughts scrawled on papers and on piles because I am an introvert that hangs out w/ more plants than people. I get why you are defended a beloved variety while I am articulating a dislike of the same one from the same breeder. I am sorry If I come off extra antagonistic. I am bad at the words. I am quite happy you got an amazing plant out of it.
but, back to the MAC #1 Caps cut is great,IMG_0677.jpg
As this jsut came back from my friend who makes wax. it is some MAC one Cap's Cut sauce w/ diamonds.

MImedman, are you from Michigan brother? I’m a little long winded but -just chatting for good conversation with you so I thought I’d add a couple thoughts I had if that is cool? Here in Michigan, I have smoked a lot of GMO and a lot of the MAC caps cut they call it. GG4 Runtz Zkittles Sour Deisel Cookies Kushes Cotton Candy Blue Dream Pebbles Strawberry and Platinum Bananas Mint OGs Chemdawg aplenty are loud smelling and always offered around me for the highest price. If you go to the cannabis cup you will smell mildew all around nearly all of the OG flowers. It must be moist cold and dank here in Michigan basements and in the fall. The bestgarlic cookies smelled dank and was crystalline but daintier in texture. The garlic smell easily covers neem. The miracle alien cookies covered in chrys, smells like a potent citrus musk that very easily camouflages a few popular citrus-tasting fertilizer brands. The tangies and lemon sour diesels the same. I have been trying to smoke the best the shops have had to offer since the day it was legalized here. I try to sample a ton of strains because you kind of have to. Resistance availability market maneuvers all had to do with it. If I wanted g13 I was going to have to grow my own I guess. Ultimately I was never totally satisfied. I was asking can’t these guys find some better plants? Some are better than others but they all have something in common IMO - the high is in your face and potent- and not too long lasting. The resistance builds fast to these strains and there’s a lot of drowsy side effects. Some people need that to go to bed, but I think it’s more of a business decision. Or maybe seed companies or commercial growers struggle to achieve potent production here. Growers dreams, sexy as hell in the bag grows fast and low and fast turnover- cause effects don’t last long. Better get some more to stay high. In the shops you don’t get to sample before you buy just look and smell if you’re lucky. It has to be that way to be good for business here I guess.

I’m going for the smokers dream though- one or two hits gets you through the workday if you can’t blaze all smelly anytime or where you want. Alot of people can’t. Now you’re looking at what that hit does. I would have loved to get a bag that just LOOKed like the Mns buds I personally grew, not to mention the high. I’m a suck beginner grower too. The high, taste, good effects, absence of bad effects, absolutely blew away anything I ever tried in any shop in MI. This is never offered at the shop, probably because they’re not going to see you again for a long time while you are all satisfied for weeks -are just some of my thoughts. I also grew any bagseeds I found in any good ass weed I found in my travels for my first grow. GG4 Bubba Kush Blueberry Kush PeanutButter Breath Green Crack herm seeds is what I got to sprout. It was steps above the highest priced shop shit.

I can’t wait to see what you think of the MNS though. The MNS gear I grew blew the bagseed off the map-I’ve been smoking the best stuff I can find for 20 years. I’ll hope to see if I can do a little better than last time with some clones. Too bad we couldn’t swap some buds and give some better perspective to each other or to all. I have tried a couple of my grower friends personal MAC caps cut and GMO cookies -and they both always do an excellent job there.

MImedman, are you from Michigan brother? I’m a little long winded but -just chatting for good conversation with you so I thought I’d add a couple thoughts I had if that is cool? Here in Michigan, I have smoked a lot of GMO and a lot of the MAC caps cut they call it. GG4 Runtz Zkittles Sour Deisel Cookies Kushes Cotton Candy Blue Dream Pebbles Strawberry and Platinum Bananas Mint OGs Chemdawg aplenty are loud smelling and always offered around me for the highest price. If you go to the cannabis cup you will smell mildew all around nearly all of the OG flowers. It must be moist cold and dank here in Michigan basements and in the fall. The bestgarlic cookies smelled dank and was crystalline but daintier in texture. The garlic smell easily covers neem. The miracle alien cookies covered in chrys, smells like a potent citrus musk that very easily camouflages a few popular citrus-tasting fertilizer brands. The tangies and lemon sour diesels the same. I have been trying to smoke the best the shops have had to offer since the day it was legalized here. I try to sample a ton of strains because you kind of have to. Resistance availability market maneuvers all had to do with it. If I wanted g13 I was going to have to grow my own I guess. Ultimately I was never totally satisfied. I was asking can’t these guys find some better plants? Some are better than others but they all have something in common IMO - the high is in your face and potent- and not too long lasting. The resistance builds fast to these strains and there’s a lot of drowsy side effects. Some people need that to go to bed, but I think it’s more of a business decision. Or maybe seed companies or commercial growers struggle to achieve potent production here. Growers dreams, sexy as hell in the bag grows fast and low and fast turnover- cause effects don’t last long. Better get some more to stay high. In the shops you don’t get to sample before you buy just look and smell if you’re lucky. It has to be that way to be good for business here I guess.

I’m going for the smokers dream though- one or two hits gets you through the workday if you can’t blaze all smelly anytime or where you want. Alot of people can’t. Now you’re looking at what that hit does. I would have loved to get a bag that just LOOKed like the Mns buds I personally grew, not to mention the high. I’m a suck beginner grower too. The high, taste, good effects, absence of bad effects, absolutely blew away anything I ever tried in any shop in MI. This is never offered at the shop, probably because they’re not going to see you again for a long time while you are all satisfied for weeks -are just some of my thoughts. I also grew any bagseeds I found in any good ass weed I found in my travels for my first grow. GG4 Bubba Kush Blueberry Kush PeanutButter Breath Green Crack herm seeds is what I got to sprout. It was steps above the highest priced shop shit.

I can’t wait to see what you think of the MNS though. The MNS gear I grew blew the bagseed off the map-I’ve been smoking the best stuff I can find for 20 years. I’ll hope to see if I can do a little better than last time with some clones. Too bad we couldn’t swap some buds and give some better perspective to each other or to all. I have tried a couple of my grower friends personal MAC caps cut and GMO cookies -and they both always do an excellent job there.

I am from michigan. I know more than a few of our commercial growers. the reason you don't like the weed is take for example Platinum Girl scout cookies. I had the same cut that was grown for a few of the shops around 2014-17. it is a 10week plant. they pull it at week 8. THEY REFUSE TO GROW ANYTHING PAST 56 DAYS OF TIME IN THE FLOWER ROOM. NOT 56 DAYS AFTER FLOWERING INITIATES. that means, I pulled my PGSC that they gave me, at what they count as week 11. and even though I was told mine was "exquisite" and "better than what we sell" according to them, they wouldn't change their practices, to be able to sell it for 20/g retail. which is/was the top shelf price at their shops.
plants are treated with AVID forbid 4f, and Eagle 20 AS A PREVENTATIVE.
they often use paclobutrazol. its literally on the shelf of the hydro store owned by the guy who owns the dispensary down the road from it. Paclobutrazol, if you didn't know, is fucking toxic to humans. it is not allowed to be used on tobacco. It is not allowed(to my knowledge) in the recreational markets of CA, WA, or OR, and wont be allowed to be used in MI once the laws are set. it is meant for growing actual ornamental flowers like roses.

The commercial legal recreational and medical growers are poisoning the consumers for profit. they are selling poisoned, early harvested, bud for inflated prices.

many people in michigan do have colder damper basements, but it also is that many people here like to play the "I cant/wont invest more than the bare minimum into my grow, I can fix problems w/ pesticide/fungicide later" mentality. when all they needed was a dehumidifier and/or some filters. Before I started growing, I ran a dehumidfier in my basement that pulled it down from 60% humidity to 15% before growing. now I run 2 to keep the basement at 40%, just dumping air into the basement from the grow room

Everyone's dream weed is different. the best thing I ever smoked was some M39xHashplant that supposedly came from California in 09 or 10. That, the maple leaf Indica, and super skunk Helping Hand had at that time, and the freebie white hashplant that came w/ my 1st attitude order led me down the path of what I choose to grow,
I AM back at the MNS gene pool specifically because All I want is to smoke afghans and afghan skunks, and all the other affordable stuff on auction as I love growing plants from seed more so than from clone.

Many breeders are riding the hype train, and not technically breeding. they are basically doing step one, so you can do steps 2-5. clone selection, and line breeding being steps 2-5. for example, bodhi crosses all kinds of plants from clone, and from his other lines(often ones gifted back to him from other growers and breeders) to 3 or 4 male plants. and only works a few of hundreds of lines.

and I do agree, if you want properly grown weed, you do have to grow your own,

Make sure to veg your clones for an extra month to help work systemic pesticides out of them
We will likely meet once local competitions open up.

for Cali connection sour d, wet grow room, want between 50-60% humidity for the first 6-7 weeks of flower.
The "sour" that swerve claims to have is NOT the sour, its a sour kush pheno, very different .... and if its not coming from upstate NY or albany NY , then more than likely its a fugasse. The real sour which only comes from select parts of NY blows that trash away. The sour is a 11 week varietal if not 12 when done right.

Back