The Great Cheese Deception

J

JessE

Hey guys :)
In recent years one of the more popular varieties on the internet has been the UK Cheese variety(s). Having been a member of these forums for almost ten years now, I can remember when the only time cheese was talked about on the forums was in munchy threads. But I can actually remember the first time I heard of the variety from the UK known as cheese, and I can tell you with 100% certainty every UK Cheese clone Ive seen since then has not looked like the original UK Cheese plant.

The Original UK Cheese
ch11_119_1_.jpg

Below is some information about Cheese from Sam the Skunkman, who is widely credited with the introduction of Skunk #1 to Holland.

Originally posted by Sam the Skunkman

DocLeaf,
"Cheese = Skunk #1 [Sensi Seed Bank B.V.]
Credit were credits due folks. Sensi Seeds are the breeders of this cultigen.
It's not like the LGA are going to start accrediting 'Cheese' to some twat at a clone club... Now is it"

As far as I know UK CHEESE was selected from Skunk#1 seeds I made. They were bought from Neville, taken to the UK and CHEESE was a clone selected from the grow.
No one bred a CHEESE, it was selected from a Skunk #1 grow.
I got this from the guy who bought the seeds, took them to the UK, named it CHEESE, and the rest is history.
Also I can guarantee CHEESE is a pure Skunk #1, the first time I smelled the UK CHEESE clone I said it was pure Skunk #1, I met the grower later and he confirmed it to me.

Here are some UK Cheese Cuts that look absolutely nothing like the original, in fact Ive not seen one cutting of UK Cheese that resembles the original. Now considering the nature of cuttings themselves, this leads me to believe there are quite a few fraudulent UK Cheese cuts. Sure, there are cuts being called 'Cheese' that floating around out there, but for some strange reason they dont resemble the original cutting at all.

Suspect UK Cheese
cheese-opt.jpg

Suspect UK Cheese
207d1209422014-original-uk-cheese-ukc.jpg

How come all of these UK Cheese varieties look so much different from one another? This leads the casual observer to believe there are quite a few different versions of the cut, but none of them resemble the original UK Cheese.

A version of events about the UK Cheese.

The History of The Cheese by Big Buddha

The Cheese is a very unique plant, until now, available as clone form only, Originating, and still growing around the U.K and now, Holland, this 15 year old variety has been the leading dominant strain in the history of the underground British Indoor cannabis scene. I obtained this specimen three years ago, the person who gave this to me is a much respected person within the industry named Zorro, but I also did some more research and found out and spoke to some of the founders of the cheese and they told me about all about the cheese.

Background.

At around 88/89 these guys planted some skunk no1 and put the females outside, not knowing too much at the time they cloned off one particularly special plant which was named after by another mate �cheese� due to its all pervading stink.
Then around 90� the guys started to go to the free parties put on by the Exodus collective based in Luton, meeting up with other growers and was soon sharing stories as well as knowledge, this was how we teamed up to grow the cheese at HAZ manor, the collectives housing co-op in Luton, Exodus were taking a lead role in fighting prohibition at that time and the manor was a persecution free zone, the manor inspired loads of people to start growing and cheese cuttings were flying out of the door for a few years.!
(Source: cheesefarmer)

Unique.
The Cheese is the number one strain in the U.K. its distinctive, Old School taste is unique to the cannabis world , when you smell the Cheese you will be drawn in by an array of fruity, musky, hash /skunk undertones people who tasted the Cheese will always remember the smell, Very odorous
Grown indoors and outdoors this plant can finish in very respectable times, outdoors, expect a finish at the end of October/ start of Nov if planting outdoors please be wise with the planting spot because later on there will be a smell of terrific pot later on that season
Indoors, the cheese will finish between 7 to 9 weeks (although I have some �cash croppers� who grow hydroponically and will cut down every 6 weeks!). My preference, in Bio, Soil, the plant will be lovely and ripe within 50 up to 65days depending on personal preference, as long as the conditions are good. I must also recommend using charcoal filters on extraction fans especially in urban/ built up areas, that�s my smell warning! Don�t say we did not warn you!!

History about the Big Buddha

Now as you may know I have been writing articles for Weed world for a while now, As well as providing a few pictures of the Cheese, In the meantime, during the last two years I have also had the opportunity to find myself an excellent location somewhere in the southern Mediterranean regions of Spain. When I acquired a cheese cutting back in early 2002 I started a little side work on a cheese crossed with this excellent true landrace Afghani male in my collection the afghan seeds were given to me by an old smuggler friend who in the 80�s was responsible for bringing tonnes of afghan border hash to the UK, as well as the selected female Afghani which was a real big yielder with really tight internodes, as well as a rich, lovely deep fruity bouquet) the male had the same smell and had excellent tight branching the first cross was in later on that year 2002, there were some very varied results, but through selection , I backcrossed the best male with the original Cheese, This was all done in the U.K. aware of the current laws in the country and as well as a lot of friends/circles around me getting caught we then decided to move our own project over to some good friends in Spain so we took the Cheese and some crosses and drove them to our new location, this was back in 2003 At around the beginning of 2004 while in Spain we were fortunate to be at the right time right place to acquire a space large enough to really get to work, so immediately my crew and I went in, the result after studying and testing is the cheese backcrossed 5 times as well as adding extra hybrid vigour and yield through extensive selective breeding we realised we have a genetically enhanced modified version of the cheese
After the many appraisals from other peers in the cannabis industry I made the decision to finally produce seed and will be releasing the Big Buddha Cheese, it has taken me a while now to start up and at the same time making sure we test viability, stability and germination rates of my seeds.

Introducing Big Buddha seeds

With more than 35 years growing knowledge between my crew, and having travelled around the world collecting new genetics we have made the decision to start a seed company, Big Buddha seeds the first release will be the Big Buddha Cheese this specific strain is the pinnacle of cannabis breeding today, setting new standards and introducing a new line of genetic material to the world, the BBC takes 8 � 10 weeks to flower and is consistently a much better yield than the original cheese however flavour and taste is not lost at all , if there is any variants, you will not be disappointed by the flavour of the old skool, highly resinous, Afghan again another unique taste but the high is real special, we at Big Buddha Seeds believe that we are the next new generation of breeders and will be introducing new genetic lines to the cannabis world.

Peace and Love
Big Buddha
www.bigbuddhaseeds.com

Last edited:
Below are some more photographs of UK Cheese or varieties related to the UK Cheese. But you will notice a distinct variance in all of the plants almost, none of which resembling the original UK Cheese.

Suspect UK Cheese
UK_Cheese_2_54_days.JPG

Suspect UK Cheese(Hell this reminds me of one Shantis plants)
cheeseweek4_Medium_.jpg

Suspect UK Blue Cheese
bigbuddhabluecheese.jpg

Suspect UK Cheese
cheese210106_2-1.jpg

Again, some more pictures of the numerous varieties of cannabis being labeled 'UK Cheese' out there.

Suspect UK Cheese
file.php

Suspect UK Cheese
0156_Large_1.jpg

So what we know for sure is that there are quite a few different UK Cheese varieties floating around out there in the world, however none of them look like the original. Im sure these clones being misidentified or falsely labeled are quality varieties, otherwise why even keep a cutting? However the fact remains none of these UK Cheese cuts resemble the Original UK Cheese plant. Which ofcourse was a selected Skunk #1 variety from Sensi Seed Bank.

If anyone has any UK Cheese pictures that resemble the Original UK Cheese, please feel free to post them up. But Im going to go out on a limb and say that I highly doubt we will see a picture represented as Cheese that resembles the original. :)

i remember ganja from sensi seeds saying when he was at the expo hemp fair thingy that loads of ppl were giving him buds of cheese, and they all looked different

thanks for the post of what cheese really looks like

:)

That 1st pic you have marked as Cheese is not the original Cheese, it's a photoshoped image by a scammer who at the time went by the name of Cheesey, then Queijo and now goes by HotHouseFLowers (interesting thread abotu him here hxxp://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=97914) and still scams people on his website. Sorry but that's not cheese. The 3rd 4th and 5th pics look like cheese though.

Last edited:
That 1st pic you have marked as Cheese is not the original Cheese, it's a photoshoped image by a scammer who at the time went by the name of Queijo and now goes by HotHouseFLowers. Sorry but that's not cheese. .

Negative. I would have to disagree with you on that.

That is the original Cheese plant, the very first one to be posted many years ago now. It has been cropped though from memory, as there was a man standing in the original I believe. It sounds like you've been mislead just like a great deal of others on the forums mate, which is why I started this thread. I want to make sure people are armed with all the facts, the entire situation before making a decision that could cost them 3-4 months atleast.

That 1st pic you have marked as Cheese is not the original Cheese, it's a photoshoped image by a scammer who at the time went by the name of Cheesey, then Queijo and now goes by HotHouseFLowers (interesting thread abotu him here hxxp://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=97914) and still scams people on his website. Sorry but that's not cheese. The 3rd 4th and 5th pics look like cheese though.

Hi Drbenway,
I appreciate your contribution mate, thanks for the link.

Below is a link about UK420.
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=1901

Whatever you say Jesse, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I know all about UK420 but just because you don't like them doesn't mean the info there isn't accurate. Good luck with finding that cheese clone lol For anyone willing to investigate cheese UK420 is actually the best place to look as one of the members, a guy called CF (CheeseFarmer) is good friends with the original grower, was part of the Exodus crew who gound the cut and passed it around and has posted the whole story over there, Sam's story is kind of the truth. Anyway good luck to you with whatever you're trying to do here Jesse :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Whatever you say Jesse, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I know all about UK420 but just because you don't like them doesn't mean the info there isn't accurate. Good luck with finding that cheese clone lol For anyone willing to investigate cheese UK420 is actually the best place to look as one of the members, a guy called CF (CheeseFarmer) is good friends with the original grower, was part of the Exodus crew who gound the cut and passed it around and has posted the whole story over there. Anyway good luck to you with whatever you're trying to do here Jesse :rolleyes:

Its a shame people cant even have a civilized conversation anymore without somebody being disrespectful.

Thank you for your contribution DrBenway, however I just wanted to make it clear that I have no issues with UK420. Infact, Ive never even been to the website nor was I even aware there was a MNS help desk there. I just wanted to make sure that everybody else who reads this thread will have an idea of who we're talking about here.

:)

Last edited:
Ha I thought it humorous MMM :)

When you try too bring the entire picture together for anyone interested in learning about varieties like Cheese or some of the elite cuttings that once dominated the conversational landscape on the forums you can be met with some stiff resistance. Often times its just a difference in opinion, which is too be expected with even some of our most advanced theories and concepts taught at the University level today. However there are also those who stand too gain from the ignorance of the average poster/consumer, and often times these people can get quite nasty when its their wallets or internet reputation that are on the line. But all it takes is some solid evidence to get your point across and the problem is usually said and done with.

Below is another picture of a supposed UK Cheese variety, notice that it looks different than all of the others, including the original. However, if there was going to be a fake impostor UK Cheese, this would be it. A beautiful plant, in fact it reminds me of a plant selected out of a pack of MNS Shit by a member here known as True. An exceptional looking specimen, but of course obviously it varies a great deal from the original. But if we're going to include some ordinary looking suspect UK Cheese pictures, why not bring up some real nice ones as well? As I mentioned, I'm sure these numerous UK Cheese clones floating around are good. Much like with the many fake G13 varieties, there must have been a reason for somebody to clone them and keep them. But are they the original? Well its pretty obvious, but I started this thread for others to make up their own minds.

A Beautiful, but suspect UK Cheese

14413DSC00092.jpg

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=116435&page=6

And the Original UK Cheese for comparison
ch11_119_1_.jpg

Last edited:
Disrespectful? Well yes your initial posts and subsequent replies to my posts in this thread has lost you quite a bit of the respect I had for you but that's beside the point. The point is that picture you say is the 'Original UK Cheese' is not the original UK Cheese, simple as that.

The way this comes across to me is you saw one photo falsely claimed to be cheese a long time ago and haven't seen a similar looking cheese since then. Correct me if I'm wrong? You then extrapolate from that the cheese everyone else is growing that there have been literally thousands of grow reports for in the 15+ years of it's existence and that you haven't personally grown is 'suspect' simply because you haven't seen one that looked like the original picture you saw, the one at the start of this thread?
Did it really never occur to you that the original picture may have been a fake intended for marketing purposes? Can you not see that the light falling on the buds is different to the light falling on the fern behind it? It's one of the main reasons the pic looks so striking. It's obviously photoshopped.

The fact is this is a very well documented clone, the Exodus crew who found and freely distributed the clone are not shy the story of and descriptions of the clone have been on the internet for a long time. But all of that info is wrong and Jesse is right. Monumental arrogance or Columbo like detective nous?
Then there's the fact that noone has brought this up before? But wait they have! When that pic was first posted it caused a real stink and now you're attempting to do the same. The last time was so that scamming c*nt HHF could sell his bunk Cheese f1s.

I understand it's just a theory you have but the way it's presented and who it's presented by would lead most newbs to beleive what is essentially a guess on your part. There is more than enough disinformation on cannabis boards already so I felt it my duty to post.

I urge anyone who wants to know about Cheese to do the research yourself and remember this is a uk strain so the info is on uk boards. Here is a thread whith Dave the guy who germed the actual seed, his screen name is Dave Rave http://www.lca-uk.org/lcaforum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=13418 you can ask him what it looks like yourelf. The Exodus (now Leviticus) crew is a hippy rave commune, no hoarding or secrets are involved in cheese it was and still is given out freely and widely.

I just had another look at the pics you say all show variance in such a way that they can't even be the same clone, to my eyes they look like the same clone grown in different grow rooms. Of of course different grower's buds look different, it's the same with any clone you see.

Last edited:
Disrespectful?

You guys really cant help yourselves can you?

But all of that info is wrong and Jesse is right. Monumental arrogance or Columbo like detective nous?

Its just one insult after another from you lot. Which goes back to my original point about trying to bring the entire picture for all members to read and see for themselves and there being people who for one reason or another, would rather get nasty than actually talk about things in a civilized fashion.

I urge everybody in the future who post in this thread to be civilized and above all else, bring something of substance to the thread. A healthy conversation on a great board like this should be what we all strive for.

So getting back on topic here, as I mentioned Ive been on these forums for a very long time now. And unlike alot of people who just say they have, I can actually bring credible witnesses forward to vouch for my participation as early as 2002. But the truth is I was probably posting prior to that, however after this many years exact dates are foggy when OG and CW itself are long gone.

When anyone trys to tell me the picture Ive posted as the Original is not infact the original, all I can do is laugh really. The simple truth is thats the exact picture I remember seeing all these years ago, only its been cropped. And Im not nearly the only person who will tell you thats the original UK Cheese, however I seem to be the only one in this threads who at the moment is coming forward and standing my ground as such.

Before that picture surfaced, there was no talk of UK Cheese. The very fact the picture looks so out of the ordinary is why the chirping about the UK Cheese even started in the first place. That my friends is a fact.

Just take a look at how many different UK Cheese plants we see presented here already. Now I guaranteee you every guy who owns these cuttings would tell you theres is the real deal. But how do they know? Because somebody else told them so?

Well my friends, Im afraid thats how easily we can all be mislead without actually doing some research for ourselves. I imagine somewhere along the way, there was always the first. You know, the guy who tells everybody else he has a cutting of that crazy UK Cheese plant we seen. And he sends that too a couple noobies, who are very grateful to get a cut of such a reverred and talked about plant. So they pass their clones along, and tell others what they were told. And soon you have an entire batch of fake UK clones floating around out there.

But the truth still remains, this picture below is the very first picture ever put online of UK Cheese. There have been many other pictures put online since then, who can dispute that? Just take a look at how many different UK Cheese plants we see here already, but none of them are of the original.

ch11_119_1_.jpg

And as we all know, a cutting is an exact replica of its donor mother plant (sometimes even father plant). So it stands to reason that if anyone actually had a cut of the original UK Cheese plant pictured above, it would atleast look like the original cut.

For the average Tom or Suzy out there who reads this thread, my advice for obtaining your own "Cheese" would be too look for the nearest Skunk #1 from Sensi Seed bank. However the chances of finding a plant exactly like the Original Cheese are going to be pretty slim in my humble opinion.

Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 available to purchase here for $37 plus shipping and handling:

http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?partno=ssig-skunk$23~1

And there is the Mr. Nice version of Skunk #1, Shit as well. Which is probably a much stinkier, refined product.
Strain: Shit

Breeder: Mr Nice

Origin: Holland

Indoor / Outdoor / GH

Flowering: 45 days

15 seeds:

An absolute classic and original Skunk/Afghani that has won many awards. It is a sure-bet for first time cultivators of interior, exterior, or glasshouse grown plants. The yield will be extremely substantial, with expectations between 550-650 grams per square metre. The finishing time will be within 45 days of the flowering's first appearance on the plant. Expect harvest in late September to early October in the northern hemisphere and in the southern hemisphere by the end of April. A proven true breed since the 80's.

Last edited:
find another picture of that uk cheese online anywhere,lol the uk cheese was passed around for loads of people to try, and most of the 1s I have seen look very similar to the 3rd pic you posted in this thread, to me that is what the UK Cheese should look like, and i have seen many that are very similar, but none that look like the pic you keep posting up, if it was a clone only then why is there only that picture, why have people not posted other pictures that look like the 1 you keep posting, DrBenway answers make a lot more sense than your's, I dont think that is the UK Cheese you keep posting up, but i suppose no1 can tell you any different.

I just got rid of the real exodus uk cheese a couple of weeks ago due to the smell, far too over-powering for my liking, to me the aroma when in full bloom isn't a pleasant aroma at all, had it in the garden for nearly a year, keeping it around any longer wasn't safe, it's a mite magnet!, i even had the clones in the middle of the garden (surrounded by 4 different strains), spider mites left everything else and went straight for the cheese, plus the vigor on the real cheese clone is terrible, branches are weak as hell - branches don't snap but they end up like fishing rods (especially after 12+ weeks veg period), nice smoke tho, good taste, found the high to be pretty dull to be honest, nothing to write home about, excellent bag appeal but the strength of the aroma when growing, lack of vigor and due to the mites loving it - it had to go

peace

Last edited:
find another picture of that uk cheese online anywhere,lol .

This is one of those statements you've just got to frame for old time sake. Why? Well for starters Mr. Twullhc, that is the entire point of this thread. You pretty much summed it up for me, Im not sure If I could have said it much better without being absolutely blunt about it to be honest with you though.

Here is a picture of your recently uploaded UK Cheese twullhc. Beautiful plant.

UK_Cheese.jpg

lol, your missing my point stress ball, lol, which is, you posted up a pic of what YOU think is the UK Cheese even though you have never grew the plant before and also, was that the only PIC you have seen of that plant, did you actually see the plant in person or was it just the fake photo you just keep posting up?? as the way things are, if any1 posts up a pic that does not resemble your pic in your eyes its not the UK Cheese, lol, what a fucking laugh man, this is from some1 who has never even grew the cheese before, why did you not ask for a cut of the 1 in the pic, you could have grown it out and posted up your own pics, roflmfao, instead of posting up fake pics of what you call UK Cheese. thats my point as well, its the only pic that looks like that and if any 1 says different, there WRONG, could it not be you that's WRONG. ok, post up what you know about that plant in the pic, like some background info, when the pic was taking, who took the original pic and any information you have on that picture, as you just keep posting up the same pic saying thats the real deal with no other information to back up your claims, how can i check out that the b/s your saying is not actually b/s, prove to me your not a bullshitter, because that what you seem like to me, just a mad bullshitter, will look forward to your reply, lol.

I First Found Out About Cheese @ The 2007 UK Expo When Big Buddah And His Babes Were Peddling Their Pumped Up Afghan
Eventually The Exodus Commune Story Came Out , And One Only Need Read BB's Article On It In Soft Secrets About Its Hereditary
It Is Almost , If Not Identical To GHS Cheese , As Bigbuddah Gave Mr Greenhouse One Of His Clones
On All The Websites In The U.K , Almost All Cheese Grows Were Done By Clones , Which All Came From The Same Person ( A Sadistic Commercial Grower )
These Ones Are Not From Exodus ( I Know The Member That Does have The Real Exodus Clone )
But Nonetheless , The " Stukkin " Cheese Was Virile , And Even Revegged
No Special Treatment Required
Just Use A Container And Airstone ;)
Memorees Of Cheeze
JKP

Attachments

• Aquafarm Cheese-Flash-April08.jpg
    Aquafarm Cheese-Flash-April08.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DIY-DWC-TooEasy-Feb08-Cheese.jpg
    DIY-DWC-TooEasy-Feb08-Cheese.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Cheesey Rootey-.jpg
    Cheesey Rootey-.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 44
  • OrganicDWC-002-April10.jpg
    OrganicDWC-002-April10.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 84
  • HGB Demo- DWC-Finished Cheese.jpg
    HGB Demo- DWC-Finished Cheese.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 42
Jesse, just drop it now, you're not making yourself look very clever here mate.

This is a perfect example of what Ive already mentioned in this thread, people that for whatever reason have a stake in misleading others. Im offering anyone who reads this thread the entire picture, instead of a very limited one like the one you present British Hempire. And the only thing you can tell me is that Im wrong? Im not doing myself any favors, by making sure others have the complete picture? Now thats funny British Hempire, that you would want to limit the amount of information available too anyone who may be reading this thread.

Now take a good look at how many different Cheese plants have been posted in this thread, now do you have an explanation for that? It doesnt really need to be explained, the answer is fairly obvious.

The picture presented is the Original Cheese picture, first posted on Overgrow all these years ago now. Ive got no reason to mislead anyone, I only started this thread to help others make up their own minds. And its painfully obvious to anyone who reads this in the future that there are quite a few people who have different clones, all called UK Cheese. None of which look like the original. And every last one of you guys who have a UK Cheese clone, think you have the original. It doesnt seem to phase you in the least bit if your "real UK Cheese" looks different than Johnny down the streets UK Cheese.

Now if you dont like the fact Im presenting the entire picture for people, instead of your mess of fairy tales then ask yourself why is it you have a problem with the truth?

Last edited:
Back