The Doors - looking for my L.A woman

Hi MNS fam, so tomorrow week 5 will start and the ladies are enjoying life. Still stretching a bit D2 now stands 138 cm high and D4 128 cm. I'm getting huge size differences now with the smallest a little over 80 cm and D2 touching the 140cm and it's a challenge to keep everyone happy when it comes to proper lighting.
Its hard to keep your eyes off the bigger plants as they totally dominate the growtent. All plants responded well to topping with each shooting up 4 to 6 main branches and i can see some serious yielders coming from this seed.
Heres a few shots from today. Big one is D4, D8 in the back
Screenshot_20210829-011058_Gallery.jpg
And D2 being super sexy..
Screenshot_20210829-014353_Gallery_61.jpg

Some early estimations regarding flowering time (started from clones)

D2 - Most sativa in structure and late flower set --105/110 days?
D4 - although big too a bit further in flowering. 95/100 days?
D6 - looks like D4 but smaller in size.
80/85 days?
D8 - Shortest of them all with a totally different bud structure and pistil color than her sisters. Indica looking, no haze leaves on this lady, 70/75 days.

D8
Screenshot_20210829-140701_Gallery.jpg

Should be getting some savory smells by now.
It's funny you mention that, the smells are like growing NL5/HzA and NL5HzC in the same room (did that quite a few times) which makes sense looking at the genetic make up. There's a spicy woodiness like the earlier pheno C5 we grew combined with a dark gasoline mentol like smell coming from NL5HzA combinations. Its hard to describe but i do like it. It definitely smells like yesteryear.

Regarding the males, i had 8 of them so quite a few to choose from. There was much more variety in stem rubs of the males then there was with the females and 4 of them were given to a friend to haze up a line he is working on. One in particular was nice, fastest grower but the earliest to flower when sexed and had very pretty leaves. Im thinking of collecting some pollen at my friend's and put it to D8 to see if we can add some height while keeping the short flowering characteristics and hopefully find something in the F2's that can finish outdoors. Now wouldnt that be something?

Screenshot_20210829-173214_WhatsApp.jpg

Here are some shots at day 32 to show the differences in bud structure.

D2
Screenshot_20210901-135312_Gallery_60.jpg

D4
Screenshot_20210901-135407_Gallery_60.jpg

D6
Screenshot_20210901-135757_Gallery_60.jpg

And D8
Screenshot_20210901-135441_Gallery_60.jpg

D2 and D6 seem to be the most sativa in bud structure, D4 seems to have some visible Skunk being quite hairy and is probably the best expression of all the genetics in the mix.
D8, well she looks like granny, smells like granny and grows like granny.

Regarding the males, i had 8 of them so quite a few to choose from. There was much more variety in stem rubs of the males then there was with the females and 4 of them were given to a friend to haze up a line he is working on. One in particular was nice, fastest grower but the earliest to flower when sexed and had very pretty leaves.

View attachment 53509

In my limited experience, double serrations on the leaves of haze hybrids are a good thing. Nice looking grow.

So here we are at day 35. The bigger plants stopped stretching this week and everything is under control. Although D6 and D8 ended their thirsty period, not so for D2 and D4 who still take up 1.5 liter daily EC will be raised to 1.7 this week snd thats about the max i will go with these ladies. Being so NL-ish, D8 can likely handle a higher EC but i dont want to make separate buckets when feeding so she has to learn to live with it.
Here's a side window shot to check the progress...
Screenshot_20210904-135939_Gallery.jpg

And D2 doing her Oh La La!

Screenshot_20210904-135820_Gallery.jpg

Looking long and svelte, reminding me of my #15 and she was stratospheric. I'd smoke here and sometimes feel as in an echo chamber, a delay in sound from one ear to the other. Induced reverb lol. Great grow, pics and documentation!

🤙Mu

Back