The Best and Worst Growing Products.

Has anyone already tried the Canna Bio Terra Plus Soil Mix?

Peace.

K.

I've tried a bag, the peat totally contradicts the coir in it for drainage and for the price and the end product from it; it wasn't worth it.

Check out the results on compost trials from peat reduced formula's, the aeration(spelling) in pots perform better than mixes with peat in!

Hi FerkhinLursh,

Did it had any nasty smell ?

I bought some one year ago but had to bring them back to the growshop as the smell was really not pleasant.

Maybe it is because it is organic but I found it smelled rather like chemicals...

Strange.

Peace.

K.

Not only did it not smell "fresh" but upon using it for potting there was evidence of infestion meaning I had to go out and buy some pesticides(organic as possible)

Needless to say I tried Hempy's bucket method thereafter and am having to go back to soil now for my SHIT run as my pH pen is broke :mad:

Or you could buy a chemical ph test...it is really not expensive and does perfectly the job.

Peace.

K.

Tried them but my poor eyesight really puts the tide against me:eek:, also found in experience with hempy's(and I guess in all hydro) that your water pH need's to be dead close to 6-6.2. Maybe moreso in hard water usage?

my shopping list to save for this year;

Reverse Osmosis Unit with DeIonization Filter
pH Pen
Coco Medium + Nutes

i find that all canna mediums tend to be infested..mine are usually in the form of fungus knats...easy to get rid of with yellow pest strips

I would prefer to use canna or botanicare coco over the bio terra plus.

The botanicare is more aerated than canna because the coco is more stringy and less ground up. I think the botanicare is slightly better for the plants because the more air, however the canna is less maintenance because you dont need to water as much so i usually just go with the canna(and its more uniform)...have yet to try the bcuzz coco which i hear is great.

Has anyone already tried the Canna Bio Terra Plus Soil Mix?

I tried it one time when the shop was out of my usual allmix, it was ok. More coco than I'm used to meant it dried out a little quicker if I remember aright. It has quite a lot of bark in it, not sure if this helped, I think it tended to acidify.
No infestations or untowards smells.
It wouldn't be my first choice of store bought mixes.

I stopped using Canna coco a couple of years ago because it's expensive for me, nearly 15 quid for 50 litres and the nearest hydro store is nearly 100 miles away so it's a high cost option for me. I found the local pet shop sells two different grades of coco coir in bricked form for animal bedding, one grade is your regular fine coir pith like you get in a bag of Canna coco, the other grade is larger pieces similar to the Profit disks. I mix two parts fine pith to one third chunky pieces and it works brilliantly, I prefer this to straight coir pith and it seems to be helping with yields a bit due to superior aeration. You need to flush these bricks however, after expanding the EC of the remaining water was 3.6 so I ran 5-6 gallons of warm water through it and it dropped to almost nothing, then it's good to use and I charge it with an ec 1.0 mix of Epsom Salts, Bcuzz root stim, seaweed extract, Superthrive and Formulex. Costs me 1.89 for a 10 litre brick so works out a lot cheaper option as the shop is 100m from my house rather than 100 miles to the nydro store.

Good products

Sunleaves Bat & Seabird Guanos
B. Seaweed
P.L. Reflectors
Azomite
Vortex Fans
Dramm watering wands
Alaskan Humi-soil
ORMUS
Sunleaves root plugs
Hudson Atomizer
Yucca

what do you guys think about PLAGRON products?
is basically the only thing i can get here...
i can also use some bone and blood meal additional to guano and worm castings?

Plagron is alright. Nothing wrong with it.
I grew once in their Promix, was alright (not optimal though, organic soil I mixed was far better).

Good products:
- Dimlux lights
- Canna Bio Boost
- Canna Rhizotonic
- Mycorrhizae
- Them yoyos for your lights with the metal clips, DON'T USE THE PLASTIC ONES
- Root pouch or other growbags (not the plastic ones, the fabric ones)
- bamboo sticks
- trellis netting
- R/O water filter
- That expensive duct tape to seal joints of your air ducts and seal any rips/tears during installation (the cheap duct tape won't seal properly and won't stick over time)
- Insulated ducting (the noise difference is huge if you ask me)
- a good exacto knife or scalpell or whatever
- good pair of scissors

Most work apparently.

It's likely more of a preference thing.

Clonex and Rhizopan are tried and tested and work for many.

Organic heads swear by using Aloe Vera pulp/juice.

Most of the "on top of the current state of the game" people use Aero Cloners without rooting hormones. This seems to be the fastest way of getting clones to root.
Some use Aero Cloners and drop a bit of Clonex into the water. Not sure what the judgement on that practice is though. Bit too lazy and limited in space to build myself an aero cloner.

Most work apparently.

It's likely more of a preference thing.

Clonex and Rhizopan are tried and tested and work for many.

Organic heads swear by using Aloe Vera pulp/juice.

Most of the "on top of the current state of the game" people use Aero Cloners without rooting hormones. This seems to be the fastest way of getting clones to root.
Some use Aero Cloners and drop a bit of Clonex into the water. Not sure what the judgement on that practice is though. Bit too lazy and limited in space to build myself an aero cloner.

im too lazy to make the aero cloners as well...

il just use the clonex powder as it the most easy to get here

Grodan cube trays best trays.
You can pick up tray full of cuttings and water without it collapsing.Those cheap plastic clone tray collapse with any weight.
Best rooting hormone dip n grow.

Miracle Grow stinks. As does ALL chemical synthetic junk.

Bagged soil mulch that is very good is Happy Frog Ocean Forest & Dr. Earth's Potting Soil. I use them 50/50 when I put in my garden mulch every spring.

I like blood meal & humic acid as well.

In liquid ferts I like Eleanor's VF-11 & Extreme Juice. Also the Extreme brand of Rose Food for solid fert.

Horse poo & alfalfa hay in the mulch bin with humic acid to help with composting. Can't beat earth worms either.

These of course, are not the only good ones, there a lot of good brands out there. I don't order this kind of stuff online very often, so I have to go local. I like buying local anyway.

mM

Worst
Almost anything in a bottle, most of them work great but it's mainly poison or overpriced garbage being sold to the masses

Best
Alfalfa meal, this stuff is a game changer for organic growers, that and homemade vermicompost

Korean Natural Farming
COOTs Living Soil
Chem Gro
4-20-39
15.5-0-0
0-52-34

Peruvian Seabird Guano..Flower/Veg formulas
Kelp
Azomite

1/3 Compost
1/3 Sphagnum Peat Moss
1/3 Aeration (Such as pumice stone, rice hulls, lava rock)
This will make up your base. For example, if you are trying to make 15 gallons of soil (2 cubic feet) you would add 5 gallons of each and then mix thoroughly.
Additional Inputs:
With the additional inputs, you will want to use a 1/2 cup of each per cubic foot of soil you are making.
Neem/Karanja Cake
Kelp Meal
Crustacean Meal
Minerals:
For the minerals, you will want to use a total of four cups per cubic foot. Therefore, you will use one cup of each of the below ingredients in your soil mix.
Basalt
Glacial Rock Dust
Gypsum
Oyster Shell Flour
As mentioned earlier, it is very important to ensure you source quality inputs. The best compost would be homemade. If you are not able to make your own or just don’t want to, Malibu Biodynamic compost is the next best option.

Sphagnum peat moss does vary from peat moss and it is best to ensure you are sourcing sphagnum peat moss. The aeration portion of the base isn’t as important, but you do want smaller chunks of lava rock or pumice stone. Incorporating rice hulls is advisable because once they break down, they are a great source of silica. Because they do break down over time, you don’t want your aeration portion to be made up entirely of rice hulls.
Please note you may find yourself needing more or less of the above inputs based on your grow setup

Back