The Angel’s Breath

kbonsai

Starting my 1st grow thread here! I’ve chosen to go with the Angel’s Breath! Loving the sqatter one (see pics)...it has an exceptional petiol (stem) rub, very piney with a tinge of sweetness... I have 7.5 foot ceiling restrictions so will keep here short and hopefully the smaller one has inherited some afghan stature!

Me too! This is the most % sativa ive tried so far. Doing super soil so not 100% sure how to approach it. Maybe go light and top dress later on depending on how she looks.
tell me of your super soil. I am usually a super soil/mels mix kind of gardener. I can answer many questions.

Here is my recipe that I use.
K’s Super Soil 2019

- 8 x 1.5 ft^3 bags of high quality soil
-~33 lb bag worm castings
-2.5 lbs fish bone meal
-5 lbs high phos guano
- 2 lbs high nit guano
-4 cups kelp meal
-3/4 cup Epsom salt
-2 cups Azomite
- 2 Tbs Humic acid
- 3 cups Oyster shell flour
- 3.5 cups alfalfa meal
- 1 cup dolomite lime
- 1 lb crab shell meal
- 1 lb neem seed meal
- 2 Tbs roots organics organisms
- 3 cups forest humus
- 1.5 cup fish meal

that soil is fucking hot. be prepared to do water only, or very light compost teas. my last batch was
4 3cf bales of peat moss
3 4cf bails of aeration amendment(perlite AND VERMICULITE because I am insane)
12 cf of compost
50 pounds of kelp meal
5 pounds of crab shell meal
1 pound of red wriggler worms between all the plants in 30 gallon pots after being potted up.
a handful of worms in the leftovers. the leftovers were used to make casting/compost teas.
this was for cannabis, peppers, tomatoes, eggplants, and cucumbers.
I use N and P guano at 1 tsp per nylon(depending on part of cycle), alfalfa neem, alfalfa, karanja, and kelp meals as compost tea additives. at 1 tbsp per nylon, and one nylon makes 30 gallons of concentrate. which can be diluted down to 90 gallons if needed. I often water in the concentrate up until halfway through flower then cut "feed" and do water only till the end.

Yeah I’ve been using this for a year and do water only nothing extra. When I made it, I cut back on both guanos but it probably is still a little on the hotter side. Plants seem to like this blend, though.

Was more so asking about super soil in regards to these long flowering sativas and if you do anything different compared to growing hybrids/ indicas.

Was more so asking about super soil in regards to these long flowering sativas and if you do anything different compared to growing hybrids/ indicas.
Yeah I’ve been using this for a year and do water only nothing extra. When I made it, I cut back on both guanos but it probably is still a little on the hotter side. Plants seem to like this blend, though.
I can believe that plants love that blend! for doing longer flowering plants you need bigger pots. either deeper or wider. Or a shorter veg time as they stretch to fill the space.
What is the shortest flowering time you would consider long flowering?

Ok, that makes sense. I already use pretty big pots but will probably use my 15 gallons for the angel breath, most of my other plants usually go in 12 gs. May just do some light top dressing depending on how she looks during w5-7. Longest strains I’ve done so far probably only like 13 weekers.

I pop a lot of seeds and Mr Nice seeds are by and large the most vigorous seeds i pop time and time again....seems to be a consistent feature no matter which of the lines you choose. Makes sense why i see the trend of breeding with Mr Nice gear w/ breeders in the USA!

Ok, that makes sense. I already use pretty big pots but will probably use my 15 gallons for the angel breath, most of my other plants usually go in 12 gs. May just do some light top dressing depending on how she looks during w5-7. Longest strains I’ve done so far probably only like 13 weekers.
pop up to a 20 gallon to get an extra 4 week on the plants. I have 10 foot ceilings, and I like to cut the bottoms out of 15 gallon smart pots and put them into another 15 gallon to make 30 gallon talls. and I use Night crawlers in this set up as they now have enough space to properly burrow and come up top to eat. I do this as my door is not wide enough to allow a moving cart w/ a 30 gallon pot's tray roll through the doorway, but the 15 gallon pot tray does! I currently am not doing this and it feel like so muuch work carrying potted plants around rather than pushing carts.

Ok that is a good suggestion! I am planning on waiting till they show sex and then cloning the chosen one and flowering from there. It's not recommended to flower these after they show sex because they will be way too big, right?

Back