Success formulas for back pain

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Many people have had great success using cannabis compounds in the treatment of pain. I have used topicals and tinctures for awhile now and still feel there is so much more to learn. That said I would welcome comments on what has worked best for you. I specifically want to focus on topicals and back pain. Is there anything new out there? I am looking for the following:

1) strain used
2) medium (carrier) used- coco oil, olive oil, alcohol, glycerin, other.
3) strength- mg THC per teaspoon of canna oil? Grams per cup of carrier?
4) essential oils used? Which ones, strength?
5) other additives used for pain relief?
6) other information that would be helpful in treating back pain?

For instance, I have used Nordle, Medicine Man, Ortega. Initially thinking Nordle wouldn’t work as well as Medman, I was pleasantly surprised! I will be doing salves based on CBD Mango, Medihaze, Shark Shock soon! I prefer coconut oil for my salves because of expense, absorption and tolerability. I prefer wintergreen oil (methyl salicylate) for its analgesic effect. Not for little kids though. I use birch when I don’t have wintergreen. I am really interested in the EO’s used as I believe these potentiate the medicine in a good way. Thanks in advance for your help!

Aloha nui
M

I didn't realize you could use cannabis oils in this way. As a topical ointment.
Have you had a look at emu oil as an additive?
It is used by professional football teams here, as an anti-inflammatory, and a lot of older people swear by it as an aid to arthritis.
Eucalyptus oil is interesting too.
In Aryuvedic medicine it is associated with base (sacral) chakra. And offers a lot of different effects.
The eucalyptol terpene found in cannabis is associated to euphoric feelings.
Thanks for the thread

Last edited:

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I use eucalyptus for its analgesic properties. Geranium is similar in evoking emotions. For muscular back pain, basil and marjoram are easy to get your hands on. Copaiba, helichrysum and lemongrass are also beneficial.

Aloha
M

Many people have had great success using cannabis compounds in the treatment of pain. I have used topicals and tinctures for awhile now and still feel there is so much more to learn. That said I would welcome comments on what has worked best for you. I specifically want to focus on topicals and back pain. Is there anything new out there? I am looking for the following:

1) strain used
2) medium (carrier) used- coco oil, olive oil, alcohol, glycerin, other.
3) strength- mg THC per teaspoon of canna oil? Grams per cup of carrier?
4) essential oils used? Which ones, strength?
5) other additives used for pain relief?
6) other information that would be helpful in treating back pain?

For instance, I have used Nordle, Medicine Man, Ortega. Initially thinking Nordle wouldn’t work as well as Medman, I was pleasantly surprised! I will be doing salves based on CBD Mango, Medihaze, Shark Shock soon! I prefer coconut oil for my salves because of expense, absorption and tolerability. I prefer wintergreen oil (methyl salicylate) for its analgesic effect. Not for little kids though. I use birch when I don’t have wintergreen. I am really interested in the EO’s used as I believe these potentiate the medicine in a good way. Thanks in advance for your help!

Aloha nui
M
I have tried many of strains for muscle pain, nervepain and for muscle spasms. Thc for daytime and now its possible to buy full spectrum cbd oil from a store, so in the evening something like that for body numbness and more pain control and for good night sleep. White Rhino also help for my broken rip bone at least good couple of years ago. I have also tried many on others treatments for my symptoms. Gentle massage with hot and cold stones, could release muscles. Ice cold pool water treatment 1min soften surface muscles. A Good healthy food(fruits, fish, fullcorn carb) no alcohol, no topacco. Avoid opiodes. Exercise(before Thc use makes more dopamines and other brain "drugs"available) and rest good. And lots of stuff from a physiotherapiests. Hope this will help!

MImedpatient

MNS Hall of Fame
contact the people who made/make something called Michigan Organic Rub ask if they are willing to share the recipe they use; or find a picture of the ingredient label. I was dating a woman who was suffering from nerve damage after having survived a grease fire. she said that was the 1st topical to actually work for her.

noshow

musashi could you say a little more about the basil, and marjoram?, or is there a link to info regarding this. I grow these for cooking, and was unaware. This is one of the 3 points in my body causing issue.

I did have a Dr Bonner's hand cream lavender if it makes a difference. I have a lot of documented nerve issues, and whatever the heck they used. It worked for my hands. See pain is one thing to me, but when my body stops working properly. That is hard to take, and this hand lotion. It really helped...Ns