Smoke report

GR867

Well I finely broke down and sampled the two Black Widows.

They are both very smooth, no cough at all, high comes on slow, you will think it is not working that well and do another bowl, big mistake, LOL. The exhale is also smooth. One bowl a good buzz, two bowls very long lasting high, three bowls you think you can take a nap, 4 bowls yep your taking a nap.
It is a long lasting and the medical effects you note right away, back pain reduced, no spasms. My son tested it with me, he got the giggles then got a bit paranoid, he is not a big smoker so he was good to test it on. After about 30 minutes he said "I feel really nice, and very very stoned." He also said that he felt euphoric and very happy.
On the negatives, the only negative I have discovered to date is a mild headache after a few bowls. Oh, and of course dry mouth, and dry eyes.

The two plants were different in growth pattern, one very sativa like and the other a bit shorter. The one plant takes forever to flower and it is very airy. Going to test it again today as I think buzz is a bit better. Have the two as mothers but am going to grow the others in hopes of finding that special one, that very special one.

I have clones (4 of one and three of the other) of these plants in the 9th week of flower, going to run them varying lengths of time, all will be 11 weeks and longer, harvesting the last one at weeks 13 or 14. I will be watching the trichs and not go over 25% amber.

GR

13 / 14 weeks?
That's too long!
Try cutting down on the N... you may find that the plants are less airy and finish much quicker. 13 weeks is too long. I have never found any BW that go on that long...and I've grown a few.
I find that if the leaves are dark or the buds leafy or the plant won't seem to finish... it is too much feed. Cut right down and see if it helps.
Lots of haze growers (myself included in the past) have gone on about having a 17 week NL5/Hz or a 16 week SSH. They haven't. They just over-fed. You see pictures of huge colas but they seem to have no resin or are way too leafy or not tight at all. It is a classic mistake made because haze plants are very sensitive to feed (some more than others) but all plants can do this.BW is a sativa, too. I recently fucked up a beautiful skunk hybrid with just 1 feed that was too high (I was using 1.3 EC and thought I may try 1.5 EC instead.) The smell was still there but the 9 weeker was on 11 weeks and looking straggly and leafy and the leaves all looked burnt. That was just 1 feed that was slightly higher than normal (I won't do that again!!!)
Look for the clues to help you get it better next time. The plant should tell you where you can do a little better. Too much heat. Light leak. Too much N. Too much water. Not enough space... The clues to all these will be on the plant.
Airy buds and a finish that goes on forever are CLASSIC signs of slight overfeeding.

GS

Thanks GS,

I am growing in Hempy's using coco and I used the modified Lucas formula but I guess that is too much N. I have cut the N back in the past few weeks to half rate but will cut in half again.

Thanks for the info, so many conflicting reports, as I have read that the BW was a nute hog, could not be overfed, will respond well to ever how much N you give them.

Thanks again,

GR

This is great advice!

13 / 14 weeks?
That's too long!
Try cutting down on the N... you may find that the plants are less airy and finish much quicker. 13 weeks is too long. I have never found any BW that go on that long...and I've grown a few.
I find that if the leaves are dark or the buds leafy or the plant won't seem to finish... it is too much feed. Cut right down and see if it helps.
Lots of haze growers (myself included in the past) have gone on about having a 17 week NL5/Hz or a 16 week SSH. They haven't. They just over-fed. You see pictures of huge colas but they seem to have no resin or are way too leafy or not tight at all. It is a classic mistake made because haze plants are very sensitive to feed (some more than others) but all plants can do this.BW is a sativa, too. I recently fucked up a beautiful skunk hybrid with just 1 feed that was too high (I was using 1.3 EC and thought I may try 1.5 EC instead.) The smell was still there but the 9 weeker was on 11 weeks and looking straggly and leafy and the leaves all looked burnt. That was just 1 feed that was slightly higher than normal (I won't do that again!!!)
Look for the clues to help you get it better next time. The plant should tell you where you can do a little better. Too much heat. Light leak. Too much N. Too much water. Not enough space... The clues to all these will be on the plant.
Airy buds and a finish that goes on forever are CLASSIC signs of slight overfeeding.

GS

13 / 14 weeks?
That's too long!

GS

I've found a legit 12 week pheno of BW. Not from overfeeding because it produces beautiful big tight buds.. it just takes a long time. Very sativa pheno, it was by far longer than all the rest which seemed to like closer to 9 or 10.

Still, the above is good input and it might be the case here.

I flower my black widow at 8 hr.on and 16 off .long tight spears .ive seen lightweights lose their minds on one puff including me .i get .5 a watt.not many people have what ive got bw is special.

I had black widows from about 9-14 weeks.

I think that there are definitely sativa dominant plants that legitimately go long.

I know the "clues to look for".

Back