sensi star origins?

longhorn

Hey all,
Does paradise seeds have the original sensi star strain? I have heard many good things about this strain and would like to try it out especially since its so cheap

Any info on this strain would be appreciated

Hi all,
Sensi Star for many years was a strain which had a very loyal, but small following. In a sea of hype, as far back as 8-10 years ago, Sensi Star was standing strong in the reputation department. Considering when I arrived on these boards, I was as enthusiastic and taken in by the industry as anyone, I paid close attention to even the smallest nuances and ultimately was convinced to run her. Ive grown Sensi Star more times than any other plant, with Mango Widow, G13 x Sk and Mango Haze coming in a close second.

I have for many years thought highly of the variety, but in recent times Luc has ceased offering it in regular seed form, electing to go with a feminized form. Interesting to speculate on why that is? As someone who had a passionate love affair with Sensi Star, I will tell you I want nothing to do with the feminized version.

Throughout the years I have spoken with Luc a handful of times through email. He was always quick to respond to my inquiries, though sometimes coming across as quite rude for no reason. I would always chalk it up to a language barrier? But the last time I wrote him, I received no response. And considering how carefully I guard that particular email account, I was surprised to see spam emails showing up offering free legal weed alternatives, different smoking apparatus offers etc. immediately after wards.

To sum things up, Sensi Star at one time was a very badass strain. It had incredible expansion, a lemon/pine after taste and was very resinated. It didnt take long to flower out, and the cannabis itself was exceptional smoke. Ive purchased 3-4 packs throughout the years, and had noticed a decline in the quality of the variety until a point came where it was no longer available to the public other than feminized form. Though with some hard searching, you may find some regular Sensi star seed stock still in stock in some places? Not only did I find the quality of star to diminish in recent years, but the customer service at Paradise also started to become questionable.

According to Gypsy Nirvana, Sensi Star is a Silver Pearl hybrid. One which I believe he said was originally acquired in clone form from Sensi Seeds. This was said in chat at Icmag many years ago when I moderated there, and considering my passion for the variety, I listened up, but took the information with a grain of salt. Because Luc had for many years been tight lipped about the pedigree of star. Maybe more information has came to the surface since I stopped giving a damn about the variety anymore? I dont know, I just know that at one time it was a go to strain. And something happened that seemingly changed a lot of things genetic and company wise.

Last edited:
I am lucky enough to have this strain in my stable for many years. I have to say this strain is the most knock out strain I have ever tried. One hitter quitter for sure. This strain is very uniform with average to low yields. If you smoke early in the day you will not get much done. It's heavy on the body. It's good for ending your day. I love this strain! I have read that it's Shiva x Skunk, Afghan x Skunk or NL x Skunk. Sensi Star can be leafy and in my opinion too leafy and low yielding to be NL x Skunk. I would say a strong Afghan x Skunk backcrossed to Afghan.

Last edited:
I Have No Idea Who initiated Sensi Star Before Seeing It In A Paradise Seeds Article .
Its A Very Nice Plant And Talking Of Bonguru Seeds' " Rockstar ; Bonguru Used To Work For Gypsy And Eventually Tried His Hand At Breeding . He Also Encouraged Me To Try Breeding :rolleyes: . I Had No Idea It Would Work Out ( Romulan X Sensi Star = RomStar - 2006 )
Bongurus Rockstar Is Sensi Star X Soma's Rockbud
It's Been A Few Years Since I Last Saw Him , So I Don't Know Anyone Other Than Luc From Paradise Seeds Who Sell It
Mother Plants Can Get Quite Large If Left Unpruned
Anyone Else Tried Rockstar ?
JKP

Attachments

• mini_RomStar-Sog_style- BB Gallery Account Still Open.jpg
    mini_RomStar-Sog_style- BB Gallery Account Still Open.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Sensi Star Clones-Aug07.jpg
    Sensi Star Clones-Aug07.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Sensi_Star_Motherplant-_Sept01-med.jpg
    Sensi_Star_Motherplant-_Sept01-med.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Mini RomStar-Zero Veg.jpg
    Mini RomStar-Zero Veg.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 31
  • RomStar In Veg.jpg
    RomStar In Veg.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 16
  • RomStar Plants- Clone Donors-march 28-04.jpg
    RomStar Plants- Clone Donors-march 28-04.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 14
  • RomStar- Gen4- 6 clones- taken March28-04.jpg
    RomStar- Gen4- 6 clones- taken March28-04.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 9
  • RomStar Resinator.jpg
    RomStar Resinator.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 20
  • RomStar Ready to Chop.jpg
    RomStar Ready to Chop.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 19
The Image ; " Romstar" In Veg Pictured Above Looks very Much Like The Mr Nice Project Z Plants I'm Growing. Heres My Best " Squat " Z6:)
JKP

Attachments

• Project Z series Z6- Squat Female- may2011.jpg
    Project Z series Z6- Squat Female- may2011.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Project Z-Z6- Clone Taken May 31-2011.jpg
    Project Z-Z6- Clone Taken May 31-2011.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 7
  • ORCA- reflective sheeting- Fantastic Stuff.jpg
    ORCA- reflective sheeting- Fantastic Stuff.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 4
Sensi star is all that & a bag of chips! hands down beats any of the so called Elites for raw power. But as Jesse said only available in ergh Fem now.

But a little known fact is......... Black label Sensi star is the same as Paradis version. I spoke to Luc about this at a trade fair once I hasstled him about it & he eventually said yes they got the seed from us. So it might not be exact as they have breed their own version but it's still true star at a very good price & regular seed too.

As for it being a silver pearl pheno Please...... Gypsy would tell you the resin on a plant was from Monica Beluccis lady parts if he thought it was going to sell more seeds for him.

@Joe Bong guru used to sell his seeds with DR chr but aint seen anything new from him for years now.

Last edited:
Just bought some reg seeds of this from the attitude can't wait to grow them out and see if they live up to the hype i've been reading.

Also i got some delta9 super star which is supposed to be a stabilised sativa pheno of sensi star.

in my veg room ive got 4 unlabeled cuts 1 is cali trainwreck 1 is sensi star, 1 is zensation and the other is a unkown, ive mixed them up by mistake and dont know which is which, one has loads of leavs with some double serrations, could this be the sensi, it also has new shoots growing from the leaf stem, never seen it b4, as many a 4 shoots on one leaf stem its weird.

i had a purple urkel white widow do the same thing, grew shoots off leaf stems. wonder what causes that, because i think quite a few people have seen this trait and its coming from very different strains.

bigwity,

In my honest opinion, I don't think the plant you described with new shoots growing from leaf stems is Sensi Star. If you could list a photo line up, I could pick her out, I have seen hundreds of Sensi Star plants over the years.

BP420

RE: Sensi star Genetics

Hi guys.Sensi Star= B.S.H.W (f) x AGHAN/KUSH (m).
The exact formula is not know,the female may Hhave been B.S.H.W/Afhgan 0r Kush,as the strain displys for more indica trye phenos than other B.S Afghan x,s..or it may just come down to selectin with an indica dominance.
Either way,the strains i mentioned are the basis of the strain.I have this on good information,as the recipe was leeked,i am sure a few remember it,and it was confirmed,.wish i know where it was posted,anyway,when Sensi star came out it was the shit,and seeds were hard to obtain,over the years i have grown her from seed many times,including big sir and S.A.G.E,and would definatly have to agree on the pedigre,i must say,sensi star has definatly chenged over the years to a more indica predominance,still a great tasting and hiting alround great strain!,hope that helps..sensient

Last edited:
Sensi Star was one of my first seed purchases.I'm thinking like 04'? I grew them outdoors and probably didn't let them go long enough because it was very early in my learning.
I smoked something called Morningstar from a dispensary in Ca.I was told it was a Sensi Star pheno.Stuff was GREAT!!

As I understand it, SAGE is also a BSHW cross.

Here is a BSHW S1 (probably S2) seedling next to 2 different MH pheno's:

attachment.php

It kinda blew my mind to hear that it parented Sensi Star. Thanks for that info, Sensient.

Mine is not very sativa but this line produces extremely opposite pheno's. I'm going to tag her with a MH male even though I know it's bad to breed with fems. It's a rare plant, what are you gonna do?:p I actually like the way the large mother plant only produced 4 or 5 extremely hearty seeds on her own. It kinda explains why the grower of that plant was gifted only 1 seed which makes me wonder if there is any relation to why only a dozen NL and Hz seeds were originally procured. Crap man, I have thousands of MH F2's. How is it that the breeder of NL only has a dozen seeds of his own shit? Haven't y'all ever wondered that?

Peace.

Hi all,
I think until we see an authenticated quote from Luc confirming the pedigree of Sensi Star, its ultimate origins are anybodies guess. I would wager good money that it is in fact directly related to something Nevil sold at The Seed Bank. I would not be in the least bit surprised to see it as a Northern Lights or Skunk hybrid of some kind. But ultimately its anybodies guess.

There are certain varieties within the industry that became so popular, that countless hybrids sprang from their roots. Northern Lights, Skunk #1, Haze, White Widow just to name a small handful. Foundational building blocks which nearly the entire industry uses to base their offerings on.

There was a characteristic piney, lemon esk taste to the buds that leads me to believe that indeed it shares a similar heritage as other Dutch based lines. The resination on her was something else, with the expansion being enough to set even the best of us down for at least a little while. Very respectable cannabis.

Tell me about it! :D

That's what I love about my LOG. ;)

It selfs @10weeks! :cool:
How lovely...I wonder who we have to thank for this amazing trait? And this variety was acquired from the shops in California via clone correct Fresh? I wonder just how many people are picking up these same varieties, growing them at home, and saving the seed, or worse yet, giving it away? Perhaps some even listing the seed at auctions or at seed vendors for sale? Think how quickly those genetics are going to establish roots in the Californian, and even global community!

Once a place considered a Mecca of cannabis genetics, looks to be on its way to being a poisoned well few saw coming until everybody took a sip from the community cup! This is one of many reasons The International Cannabis Sativa Society was conceptualized, because as Shantibaba put it, we could very well be facing a genetic crisis in the future.

Last edited:
Back