semi-official MNS pedigree thread

what would make you "guess" that?

i dont know about you, but i think it would be better to leave guesses out of this and try to stick to information that has been given out already by shanti, or the questions or interest in specific topics might get new answers from shanti.

I clipped EB's post and added some stuff in red.

The Naturals

Afghan Haze: f1 AfghanT x Haze C

Black Widow:? IBL south indian /brazilian Back crossed not the cup winner

Critical Mass:? Afghan x Skunk #1(origins of Afghan/Mexican/Columbian)

Critical Skunk:? 75% skunk, 25% Afghan

Devil:? Afghan x Afghan/Skunk

Dreamtime:? a mixture of Skunk, NL, Afghan and Haze

Early Queen:? Early Californian blends with Mexican, Early Pearl x
Early Girl x Super Skunk Back crossed to SK

Early Skunk: (Early Pearl x Skunk)

Early Skunk Haze: (Early Pearl Skunk x Haze)

G13Skunk:? G13/Skunk#1 x Skunk#1 Back crossed to SK

G13Widow:? G13/Skunk#1 x White Widow Back crossed to Sk

La Niña:? White Widow x Mullumbimby Madness#1

Mango Haze:? (NL5 x Haze C)#122 x (Skunk#1 x Haze C)

Mango x Widow:? Nl/Haze/Sk x Brazilian/Sth Indian

Master Kush x Skunk:? Hindu Kush x Hindu Kush= Master Kush x
Skunk#1(Afghan-Colombia-Mexican) Skunk back cross .

Medicine man:? Afghan x Brazilian sativa / South India New version not the same after 2010

Neville's Haze:? Nl5/HazeA x HazeC Nevil only wanted seeds he made for breeding purposes . Cast doubt on filial generation .

NL5 x Afghan:? 75% Afghan, 25% Skunk (where does skunk come in?)NL5 x Afg/Sk male

NL5 x Haze:? 50% Afghan, 50% Haze remake , not original

NL5 x Skunk:? 50% Afghan, 50 % Skunk

NORDLE:? 50% Afghan, 50 % Skunk#1 afghan t x skunk#1 ibl

Ortega:? Basically full Afghan (NL#1 x NL#5)(not a cross of nl1xnl5)

Shark shock:? Brazilian sativa / South India x Skunk # 1

Shit:? Skunk#1 (Dom. Afghan) x Skunk#1 lotsa herms

Skunk Haze:? Skunk 50%, Haze 50%

Spice:? Hawaiian sativa x Hawaiian indica

Super Silver Haze:? 25% Skunk, 25% Northern lights, and 50% Haze
C5 x (Skunk x Haze C)
Walkabout:? a mixture of Thai, skunk, Mexican, New Guinea and
Haze (haze maybe not , mullumbimby madness maybe) Early Queen / Skunk crossed sativa land races

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITIONS

Angel Heart: (Mango Haze x Afg. Skunk)

Angel's Breathe: (Mango Haze x Afg. Haze C)

ASH: (Afg Skunk x Afg Haze C)

Critical Haze: (Critical Mass x Afg. Haze(A or C?))

Early Haze: (Early Queen x Afg. Haze(A or C?))

G13Haze: IBL G13 x Haze C

Master Kaze: (Master Kush Skunk x Afg. Haze(A or C?))

Neville's Haze Mango: (Neville's Haze x MangoCOLOR="red"](sibling of Nl5xHzC #122)[/COLOR])

Neville's Skunk: (Nev. Haze x Afg. Skunk)

NHS-National Health Service: (NL5/Haze x Skunk)

Pink Floyd: (CM x Hz (AC))

The Cure: (Af/Sk x Hz (AC))

The Doors: (NL5/Hz(A or C?) x Hz (AC))

The Stones: (MK/skxHz (AC))

U2: (EQxHz (AC))

NEW stuff and others:

Haze AC: (NL5 x Haze A)2 x (Skunk x Haze C)

Grail Widow: Neville's Haze x Widow male (Nl5/HazeA x HazeC) x (IBL south indian /brazilian)

Widow x AC:

G13* x Widow

Afghan Skunk Haze: SKUNK HAZE (A or C?) (♀) X AFGHAN HAZE (A or C?) (♂)

what would make you "guess" that?

i dont know about you, but i think it would be better to leave guesses out of this and try to stick to information that has been given out already by shanti, or the questions or interest in specific topics might get new answers from shanti.

Well Shanti did not say that Nordle is afgT either.
I think Nordle do not look like Superskunk, the yield, the smell and the effect is different.

I have a pack of NHS and it says it’s nl5hz x afghanxskunk. Was also wondering if anyone knows which haze is used in critical haze. I know it says afghanhaze and that should be hzA but I thought I seen posted on here that afghan haze plant died? Could anyone clarify this thanks

Last edited:
seems like what most people think is supposed to be afghan haze A is just afghan haze C.
critical haze has to be made with haze C
im pretty sure NHS is just NL5HzC x Skunk, where does it say afghan skunk?

Last edited:
most of the strains have only the name on the straw.
the rock n roll series were the only ones i saw with a pedigree in parentheses.

Can someone please explain how to upload photo from phone it said that my photo surpassed the dimension limits. @jackhairy the other two packs I got from the auctions didn’t specify the critical haze and mango whereas you described but the nhs has the parents

Maybe limited release or reworked nhs. I’d really like to know if there is hazeA in mango or critical haze.

Hey triple p

How old is your pack? I remeber critical skunk once used an afg/sk male that even shanti thought was too narcotic in crosses so he had to switch out for a skunk. Maybe NHS used the same Afg/Sk?

Take it easy

I won the auction last summer. I’m not upset I’m sure it’s gonna be a great pack just want to know what genetics I have

When I bought NHS few years back I remember Shanti said it was Nl5xHaze cross to an old Skunk from 1984. Maybe he reworked this line, as I also remember, some had hermi issue with this strain.

My guess, the female used is 5c122 but it is only my personal point of view.

and we also have a post by shanti

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/2064-post27.html
Nh is made from Haze C male which is made by two pure haze parents from 1969....then the female side of NH is made from Haze A combined to NL5 or NL5Haze A where Haze A was also made by two pure Haze parents also from 1969 Haze A is no longer alive only Haze C male is along with several other different sativa lines. But plants with the lineage of Haze A are still alive and carrying the genes within. SSH is made up of Haze C combined to Skunk 1 or Skunk HzC which is the male side, the female side is Haze C combined to NL5 or NL5HzC the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC....that is the breeding of those three plants. Considering the Haze A is no longer a male alive, it still is alive in the ancestry of some of the plants used in all these breeds

Sorry, but Haze never existed in 1969. That is pure made up BS by Watson & Co. There were no Haze Bros. in Corralitos either. What became Haze was far more likely developed in the mid to late 1970s from what was available in the Central California coastal area where I lived at the time. A Colombian x Mexican cross originally, re-crossed with a Colombian. Then (maybe) crossed with a South Indian Ganja and then (maybe) a Thai. The South Indian Ganja was around for a limited time in central Cali only in the mid 1970s. Like 1975. I know, I sold a LOT of it. The good skinny stick Thai was around pretty much from the mid 1960s through the mid 1970s. That all came in from the military stationed in Viet Nam with Cambodian Red and Nepalese hash. Later around 1980 the Thai all became fat Thai sticks dipped in hash oil and became very narcotic, as opposed to the earlier zippy sativa Thai on the skinny sticks. The Mexican was prevalent from the 1960s through about 1980. Paraquat killed that stream of variable landrace weed from Southwest Mexico for good. Colombian was prevalent starting about 1973 or so and went through the Cocaine craze era in the 1980s. Now those landrace strains are pretty much all extinct as well. Most of that was lowland Colombian Red (Punta Roja) bricked up when green and fermented. Some was Santa Marta Gold, and some was west Colombian Green. Rarer still was the Punto Rojo from central west Colombia, and Colombian Black (also called Wacky Weed). The later strains were sold more as loose tops than brick. The better Mexican also came in as loose tops rather than brick.

Haze as I saw it was brought in much much later to the Santa Cruz area. Like in the late 1980s. I never heard of anything called Haze when I lived in Central Coastal California from 1966 to 1986. Ever. Big Sur Holy Weed? Yes. SAGE? Yes. Purple Haze? Yes, in the early 1980s. Skunk? Yes, lots of that. Cali O? Yes. California Red Bud? Yes. Haze? no. Haze Bros? No. I was all over Corralitos then. Never happened. But hey, they say that fake news spreads 6x faster than real news. Human nature for you.

Last edited:
And why would anyone believe what you are saying?

Are you that naive too think that you were the Don when it comes too selling weed in California or wherever you said? That every bit of weed that was in the place you knew about? Cop the fuck on man! You sound like a fkn mental case.

Here is a modern day example of what im talking about.

Here in Kildare, a little county in a little country, you can get various weed of varying quality. Normally its either blue cheese or amnesia. Its either locally grown by eastern Europeans or Chinese or its shipped in from holland by the organised criminal gangs based in Dublin. Now im sure these fuckwits think they they are the main men when it comes too weed and what comes and goes, just like you are saying about yourself.

But in reality thats not the case. Just in my local area and small, very small group of friends we between us supply about 50-60 normal joe soaps who do a weeks work and chill out with a smoke in their spare time. These people are smoking what we grow, for me that's mns strains and sensi strains mostly, the other growers are all growing popular strains from the forums like GSC, GG#4, lots of bodhi strains etc etc.

So fast forward 20 yrs and one of the fellas i supply who is 22 now comes on here looking for that bud he smoked in 2017 from a local grower in Kildare who told him it was NL5XAFGHAN from a company called MNS. Hes in the right place and what he smoked was indeed NL5XAFGHAN but some idiot who thinks they were all things weed in ireland in 2017 says nah, not a fkn chance man, i was in ireland shifting huge weight of bud and it was all Amnesia or blue cheese, there was never any cookies or ssh or nl5xhaze or nl5xafghan.

So what happens then? We have history repeating itself.

hey big sur, since you know all weed,

i have been wondering what it was that i grew from bagseed in 98-99.
i had never smoked anything like it, nothing nearly as good.

the best description i can give is it was like haze but a red fruit/ koolaid type flavor instead of citrus like most haze ive seen. it took about 75 days to flower.
it has the same chemical/glue/astringent type smell as soon as it start putting on resin, as i got from a jack herer. ive been searching jack and haze related stuff ever since. its so similar but still different. the stuff was so good someone has to know what it was or still grow it. i think it was better than the jack herer, and that jack was very special and better than almost anything else ive seen.

Back