questions.

MImedpatient

I was reading through the tester thread, but to save others time.

Is this the same g13 as in the other g13 lines Shanti offers

how different is this from g13 skunk?

How different is it to Nordle?

How different is it to Devil? As the lineage looks similar, both are afghan x afghan skunk technically.

What kinds of smells did y'all find?

did the smells stay the same or change in cure in those different phenotypes?

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reshare this information in an abbreviated manner.

I am excited to get round to planting this pack as I got one off the auctions.

Personally idk. I'm very weary of a G13 anything. All the old school people i knew said G13 had huge buds that looked beautiful but was terrible smoke and way over priced.

From reading all the reviews of G13 that were on Dr. Greenthumbs site, what i had heard seemed accurate.

I was reading through the tester thread, but to save others time.

Is this the same g13 as in the other g13 lines Shanti offers

how different is this from g13 skunk?

How different is it to Nordle?

How different is it to Devil? As the lineage looks similar, both are afghan x afghan skunk technically.

What kinds of smells did y'all find?

did the smells stay the same or change in cure in those different phenotypes?

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reshare this information in an abbreviated manner.

I am excited to get round to planting this pack as I got one off the auctions.

There are multiple different Afghani parents.
Maple leaf, Aghani#1 and hash plant are 3 could be listed as Afghani.

The G13 male is probably a G13SKUNK

Personally idk. I'm very weary of a G13 anything. All the old school people i knew said G13 had huge buds that looked beautiful but was terrible smoke and way over priced.

From reading all the reviews of G13 that were on Dr. Greenthumbs site, what i had heard seemed accurate.
So far, all the g13hp, g13hz, and g13sk hybrids I have smoked over the 12 years I have been growing and smoking, and all the g13hp hybrids I have grown lead me to believe that the bad taste is true in the recessive g13 phenotypes. It's children seems to be some amazing breeding partners. for example, the 88g13hp, can be used build a seed company. examples, Bodhi, Motarebel, people who did business w/ mota rebel and got paid w/ parent stock. all have many varieties that are from the 88g13hp line. a well kept Nevil creation.

I also, find g13hp x og hybrids to be as medicinal as super skunks and other afghani's. so I have no fear. I have cannonballed into the g13 genepool and I intend to touch the bottom of the deep end.

There are multiple different Afghani parents.
Maple leaf, Aghani#1 and hash plant are 3 could be listed as Afghani.

The G13 male is probably a G13SKUNK
I find medicinal benefit in some way or another from most(all so far, but you don't seem to like generalizations) well bred afghani, so I am aware I am making a massive generalization. the difference between one afghan x afghan skunk line is IMO important as like you said that can mean at least 4 variations of A x AS that Shanti could make w/ his AS male.
this math is then changed by the fact that Shanti likely has a whole lot of afghani, afghan skunk, and A x AS lines we may not even know about as he does contract work
The tester thread looks like a conglomerate grow journal w/ smoke reports. I was hoping we could keep this thread to them summarizing as they are wonderful, kind people who share information.

In the tester thread it is mentioned that Shanti was gifted or traded for someone elses very old g13 cut.

So far, all the g13hp, g13hz, and g13sk hybrids I have smoked over the 12 years I have been growing and smoking, and all the g13hp hybrids I have grown lead me to believe that the bad taste is true in the recessive g13 phenotypes. It's children seems to be some amazing breeding partners. for example, the 88g13hp, can be used build a seed company. examples, Bodhi, Motarebel, people who did business w/ mota rebel and got paid w/ parent stock. all have many varieties that are from the 88g13hp line. a well kept Nevil creation.

I also, find g13hp x og hybrids to be as medicinal as super skunks and other afghani's. so I have no fear. I have cannonballed into the g13 genepool and I intend to touch the bottom of the deep end.

Hi All

well read most of the thread and got to mention a few things that bother me.

First Neville offered the G13 originally and it was never copied ...only a decade later when Soma and Reeferman bought some old hybrid seeds from Nevil through third parties did it appear again in other companies. The original G13 mother died and only seed existed from the early 90s onwards. No one including Arjan ever had access to Nevil and my library of mothers and fathers...just what was on the greenhouse list pre 98...but considering no one kept things alive they were forced to use F1 seed to gain back things...but even then there was no access to G13 in any pure form.

So now that Medical seeds are offering G13 as a feminised seed or other companies are offering G13 hybrids...well they are only names with distant relation to the originals. People renamed things and use a common name to piggy back their new seed on to the market. Why would I tell the growers that G13 mother died if I was only interested in making money from other people's dreams of owning something pure? It is not my or Nevilles way so it is not the truth that so many of these G13 strains survived so well through time.

Since I re-released G13 skunk and G13 widow some years back the piggy backers took off again...and the legend was rekindled. Whatever you all believe I find it most difficult to believe there is a pure G13 alive. The best that could be expected would be an old F1 seed or even F2 seed...but most of the time it is a new breeder using an old name to sell his wares.It does not help anyone except that breeder and it would be best for them to rename it with affiliated origins attached to G13 in some way. I am really afraid that all these ways of new companies do not help clarify an urban myth but propagate it to the maximum.Those who believe what is written rather than research perpetuate the myth and so it goes on and on and on...just like this G13 myth. I am sorry to all of those who really educate themselves but the facts are so evident , if it were not for money makers in this industry maybe people who start their own seed companies would name their own seeds with original names and stop confusing the masses.

All the best Sb

🤙Mu

I find medicinal benefit in some way or another from most(all so far, but you don't seem to like generalizations) well bred afghani, so I am aware I am making a massive generalization. the difference between one afghan x afghan skunk line is IMO important as like you said that can mean at least 4 variations of A x AS that Shanti could make w/ his AS male.
this math is then changed by the fact that Shanti likely has a whole lot of afghani, afghan skunk, and A x AS lines we may not even know about as he does contract work
The tester thread looks like a conglomerate grow journal w/ smoke reports. I was hoping we could keep this thread to them summarizing as they are wonderful, kind people who share information.

In the tester thread it is mentioned that Shanti was gifted or traded for someone elses very old g13 cut.

On Afghan x Skunk
Hi All

nice plants and glad to see you got the thread up Banana....well done. This hybrid is finished and seems to have stirred up the winds while i have been away with alot of different growers world wide. Between it and ASH, and Af/Haze there seems to be too much of a coincidence for it not to be true. These three seem to be popular across the board with most medical users and growers. I understand that the afghan base for this was from the family of progeny originating from an old ortega member that Nev last work on over a decade ago. Considering I was going through alot of the old school skunks and NL the most impressive all round plant came in the afghan gene stock. Now a few years down the track I see it gains momentum without any special push from any one set of growers/users...meaning it seems to be worthy of its ability to please and do its job well. So expect a lot of these plants around near you sooner than later as this is the biggest amount of seed stock sold in the passed 4 months, then comes SSH, CM, and so forth....

Just thought to share some views I see coming up with the reading i am doing only on this site via pm and threads...

Wishing you all the best and great to see things going well in certain camps....Sb

Hi All

the Afghan x Skunk is a well established hybrid that has been inbreed for some years with Nev before it came to me. It is not an F1 hybrid like most others but it is a very stable hybrid.

Hope that helps...all the best sb

For a good time call...
There is agreement on the medicinal value of Afghans. Shanti's Afghan x Skunk used in the cross is a stable IBL. The G13 used came from outside and is not Shanti's G13. Perhaps it is an F1 or F2 that Shanti surmises in post #8 above. This is the data I had when I agreed to test the G13xAfghan Skunk. While not an expert, I love growin' the ganja and was blessed to have the opportunity. And while the lineage interests me somewhat, I am more interested in the testament of what I grow. This plant has the looks, smell, feel of a good quality medicinal plant that many will be pleased with bc of it's simplicity of grow, it's yield and effect. She's a delightful ID grow with well-behaved structure, giving off great smells and presenting with great colors and highlights during late stage. Only the NL5xAfghan comes close to satisfaction when it comes to all the things I have mentioned.

Edit: Oh, and she's a trich monster.

🤙Mu

Last edited:
On Afghan x Skunk

For a good time call...
There is agreement on the medicinal value of Afghans. Shanti's Afghan x Skunk used in the cross is a stable IBL. The G13 used came from outside and is not Shanti's G13. Perhaps it is an F1 or F2 that Shanti surmises in post #8 above. This is the data I had when I agreed to test the G13xAfghan Skunk. While not an expert, I love growin' the ganja and was blessed to have the opportunity. And while the lineage interests me somewhat, I am more interested in the testament of what I grow. This plant has the looks, smell, feel of a good quality medicinal plant that many will be pleased with bc of it's simplicity of grow, it's yield and effect. She's a delightful ID grow with well-behaved structure, giving off great smells and presenting with great colors and highlights during late stage. Only the NL5xAfghan comes close to satisfaction when it comes to all the things I have mentioned.

Edit: Oh, and she's a trich monster.

🤙Mu
TYVM Musashi!!!!!!

Back