PH and EC MTR's

?

"#"

hello folks,

right I have finally bit!.:D

Nutes are mixed in a bucket, not a tank.

Can I possibly have some recomendations ? and I have looked at the Blue Lab they are favorite at the minute? .

I want to know what I am working with?, water and then nutes etc.

All this time, without one lol.:eek:

thanks.

#

What I know BlueLab Combo meter is little slower than Hanna, but I guess its not a problem cause you wont have competition in measuring.
(its very very little slower and its not important)

But BlueLab have much more quality products than Hanna, guaranteed from 1-5 years and very good customer support.Also BlueLab have free shipping worldwide if you purchase at their shop bluelabassist.com

If you have time check BlueLab new toy named .... Guardian Monitor ...

I must agree i have a Blue Lab truncheon and have to say u cant beat it, had it 2 years now had no problems havent even changed the batterys yet well worth the money IMO

thank you both,

for your comments!. So bluelab it is!.

yes seen the guardian think its more for hydro?.

hand held dual mtr for me ph and ec.

thanks again.

#

thank you both,

for your comments!. So bluelab it is!.

yes seen the guardian think its more for hydro?.

hand held dual mtr for me ph and ec.

thanks again.

#

If you decide the keep a reservoir regardless if you water with a watering can or are hydro the guardian monitor would likely be more ideal. I've seen both the trucheon and the monitor in action and if you have a reservoir the guardian is definitely a luxury as you don't need to wait a couple of minutes to check your temp, pH, and EC. It also has the additional convenience of notifying you if for whatever reason there's a spike in pH, EC, or temp instead of having to check on such factors if there's suspicion of such a spike. There's also a possibility you wouldn't suspect such a spike which could mean tragedy in the grow room.

I use the Tri-Meters, pH, ppm, temp. Made in Canada, comes with a similar warranty as the Bluelabs, but with Bluelab you have to ship to and wait for shipping back from New Zealand for any warranty work. I have a truncheon and works great, but I use the Tri-Meters in my res' now.

# did you get the blue lab? How is it working for you?

Soil grower correct?

hi #!

How is it working for you! Did you buy the combo or 2 pen!

I also have the Bluelab Truncheon
Trunc_bluelight_WS.jpg

• EC(0.2 - 3.6), CF(2 - 36) and ppm scales(TDS and 700 scale)
• Fully waterproof
• Factory calibrated
• Auto sense on and off
• No external switches or adjustable buttons
http://www.bluelabassist.com/shop/Bluelab+Truncheon+Meters/Bluelab+Truncheon+Nutrient+Meter.html

and I use the Hanna HI98127 Ph pen and temp water proof.
98127.jpg

Replaceable pH Electrode also like the Bluelab Truncheon
http://www.caprockdev.com/hi98127.htm

I like to have 2 pen if 1 don't work properly ph or ec.
You can always guess what is your ph when you read the ppm! vice versa!

P.s. keep all electronic meters of any type away from any type of ballast.
Apparently, the digital ballast may has a worst effect on the pens.

at least 1 meter, But 2 meter is safer.

MT

Last edited:
hello Resinfinger,

yes got the blue lab combo even made a case/holder screwd to the wall for it!.:cool:

Scared to start useing lol, must see what my base readings are?.:eek:

Note to self, "get off your ass".:D

hey all , my bluelab truncheon finally died after 5 yrs of faithfull service... though i did treat it like crap.. using it to stir etc.. oops.. oh well..

Back