Not sure what I expected

GR867

Well I got both BW's harvested, dried and in jars curing. Uncured weight 6.2 zips of buds and 1 plus zip of larf.

Very surprised at the thinness of both plants but especially BW5. All buds are very airy and thin. BW 1 was also thin but not near what 5 was. Both grown in same cabinet, same method of grow and same nutes. BW1 did fatten up more during the last two weeks, I gave BW5 an extra week and still did not even begin to fatten, but was a larger plant overall than BW1. Have not done a taste taste yet. Will give them another week or so then give them a taste.

Got 4 of BW1 clones in 6th week of 12/12 and they are doing ok. I have the 3 BW5's clones, also at 6 weeks, in another closet and it started flowering at the same time as number 1 but it looks like crap. Not sure what is going on there. If it does not pick up soon all three of them plus the mother are going into the compost pile.

I have grown a few White Widows from different breeders in the past with success, want to give the real deal a try. Have not given up, but may need some instructions for some of you good BW growers.

GR

Smoke report for last BW grow

Well, first smoke report.

They are still curing but did a few bowls this weekend.
I do fairly small bowls, but, 1 bowl, takes a bit to feel the buz, 2 bowls, very nice uppy high but no back spasm relief, 3 bowls, yes you are stoned and spasms are reduced, 4 bowls and it's nap time.

Can't wait for the cure to finish, I am expecting good things.

They were not the the most lovely of plants but am pleased with the buz and the spasm relief. Lets see how there clones come out. Number 1 is looking great, number 5 is 7 weeks into 12/12 and looks like she is two weeks in. Number 1 is filling out nicely.

GR

Hi Gr867,

I found there were several different phenos in my pack but only a couple of plants that I would have kept. If I ran just 2 ladies it could be that I didn't find one I really liked... You need to run a whole packet to find one perfect for YOU and your grow but when you do the plant is easy to grow - you will know it straight away.

If you are not happy with the 2 you ran this time around then you probably won't fare much better with the clones. Ditch them and try some more seeds. The one you want is in the pack somewhere - you've just been unlucky this time around..

Hi Gr867,

I found there were several different phenos in my pack but only a couple of plants that I would have kept. If I ran just 2 ladies it could be that I didn't find one I really liked... You need to run a whole packet to find one perfect for YOU and your grow but when you do the plant is easy to grow - you will know it straight away.

If you are not happy with the 2 you ran this time around then you probably won't fare much better with the clones. Ditch them and try some more seeds. The one you want is in the pack somewhere - you've just been unlucky this time around..

GS, thanks for the comment. Yes I plan on dumping at least #5 but have not given it a taste test yet, shit it may be ugly but be a real kick ass bitch, I have known women like that, LOL. I am going to keep clone #1 as the structure is good and though it has not cured yet the high is fairly nice.

Yes for my 2nd fall grow I plan on doing the remainder of my pack (5 seeds).
If I find that magic bean then in that batch I will compost #1 clone and replace it with the new and improve clone.

I got some seeds from a breeder friend in NorCal that I grew last grow, was a cross of a female Cotton Candy x a cross of two males, a Black Berry/Grape Ape, wish I had cloned that lovely. I was unable to reach him during the grow and had no info on the cross, so I looked up each strain and tried putting together a profile to work from. I know now that I should of fed differently and I harvested at 10 weeks and should of left it for at least two more weeks. It is so very flavorful, great fragrance and the high is very pleasant, very energetic with a medium lasting high. The buds were very tight but with two more weeks could have been stones. Was tough going by the cloudy and the amber trichs.

GR

I've never grown this strain but that may not have been long enough. (??)

Only say that because all the Shit plants I've ever grown have needed a minimum of 11 weeks to really be acceptable. That's outdoor. And they're suppose to be faster than BW. Just another puzzle piece to consider.

Cheers.

I've never grown this strain but that may not have been long enough. (??)

Only say that because all the Shit plants I've ever grown have needed a minimum of 11 weeks to really be acceptable. That's outdoor. And they're suppose to be faster than BW. Just another puzzle piece to consider.

Cheers.

BDD,

I have 4 of BW1 clones in the cabinet now at 7 weeks, I think, just did a couple of bowls and thinking nap, LOL. Anyway, am going to harvest one at 10 weeks, one at 11 weeks, 12 weeks and 13 weeks. I will be watching the trichs and if they are not where they should be the harvest may start during the 11th or 12th week and go from there. I do want one early as some of the best WW I have smoked was a 55 to 60 day plant that was harvested at 49 days, was absolutely wonderful.

I have 3 of BW5 clones under an SS400 LED, and going to watch them, they may end up in the compost pile.

I just got an email from MNS on a question I had about this plant and the characteristics of the different phenos, I did send pic's with my email.
It said,

"Hi Gary

the problem with BW is the varying length to completion of the sisters. We hit the mother with an inhibiting hormone of growth at day 8...and are able to bring the flower home at 80 exceptionally firm and a pleasure to smoke. The other option is to reduce the light hours to 10 day and 14 night.after 4 weeks of it flowering...but the phenotype i prefer is the practical sativa with an oniony body sweat cat pissy aroma....if you find that you will be happy with the smoke. The phenotypes do not vary it is length of flowering that varies and the dominance of the sativa or not...good luck and nice to see photos to help with all the best".

At this time I am not planning on changing the light program but am going to look for that right pheno for me. I will keep BW1 till I find one better.

Peace
GR

Back