Northern Widow- NL5/Hz x Widow

@musashi said: "Problem was #1's growth spurt. Before I knew it she was less than 2" away from the full-on lights before I raised them. I have them set at ~8" right now. Eternally a newby and not afraid to make mistakes lol"

I was curious as I have the same lights as you. I bought mine to finish outdoor plants in the garage. When they arrived I had a broken wrist so I couldn't hang them. After much measuring a friend came by to hang them. We figured they would be 8" above the plants.
It turns out they were 2" above the plants :( I checked the tops every hour the first day and they were getting very warm so I moved the plants a bit off to the side as I could not adjust the lights with said broken wrist.

I will keep an eye on what you do in case I should grow indoors this year. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! :)

Longball

Aloha everyone!

The carbon filter is running more frequently now as there is a strong and consistent aroma in the room. The heaviness of bud has required staking everyone except for #5 who is still standing on her own. She is my current pet at this point in the grow. #1 is getting over her head being burned off due to my inattentiveness as new growth is evident at the crown. Another good day of blessings!
Here's a pic of #6. She started shedding fan leaves early on. My initial concern was lock out- not enough N though everyone else was blue-green in color. She reminds me of an SSSD I grew once- 56 days, lime green, maturing early. While I initially worried about her, I've left her alone to do her own thing and she seems fine enough. I do have clones and will revisit all on the second round. It's a matter of dialing it in and with this new environment, a learning experience. I'll say one positive thing about these new LED's, picture taking is a lot easier in the white light- just focus and shoot ;)

nw#6 11_8.jpg

🤙mu

Aloha everyone!

The carbon filter is running more frequently now as there is a strong and consistent aroma in the room. The heaviness of bud has required staking everyone except for #5 who is still standing on her own. She is my current pet at this point in the grow. #1 is getting over her head being burned off due to my inattentiveness as new growth is evident at the crown. Another good day of blessings!
Here's a pic of #6. She started shedding fan leaves early on. My initial concern was lock out- not enough N though everyone else was blue-green in color. She reminds me of an SSSD I grew once- 56 days, lime green, maturing early. While I initially worried about her, I've left her alone to do her own thing and she seems fine enough. I do have clones and will revisit all on the second round. It's a matter of dialing it in and with this new environment, a learning experience. I'll say one positive thing about these new LED's, picture taking is a lot easier in the white light- just focus and shoot ;)

View attachment 55756

🤙mu
Such beautiful plants 🪴

Going with the flow as they carry me along this journey. Here's a pic of Northern Widow #1 with new growth at the tip.
nw#1 11_11.jpg

And speaking of single cola dominance, here's a pic of Northern Widow #2
nw#2 11_11.jpg

"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

🤙mu

Aloha everyone!

Can you tell that I'm not getting much sleep lately haha? Between thoughts of cultivation and now thoughts of photography, coupled with some cured Holy Grail; I'm an overimaginative kid these days lol. As an example, I go into the room this morning but not before getting hit with a wall of acrid, perfumed stench. Wow! Plug that scrubber in quick! As I scan the room NW #6 catches my eye. She just looks a little off, a little different from the others. She does not look like dad or mom to me. Part manzanita? A family secret or just an errant seed- a cowbird seed mixed in this pack of Northern Widow. Of course, stress and environment can influence her expression. Be that as it may, she's putting on a spectacular show for me.

nw#6_1 11_12.jpg

nw#6_2 11_12.jpg

nw#6_3 11_12.jpg

nw#6_4 11_12.jpg

nw#6_5 11_12.jpg

nw#6_6 11_12.jpg

🤙mu

Aloha braddahs!

I think an MNS calender would be sweet. The photos could be made up of MNS pics derived from the BOTM Hall of Fame thread. Though it hasn't been updated recently, it would be a good starting point to honor all who have contributed to this site in the past. Perhaps I could encourage @HHHG to help in a project such as this.

@Marcus_in_the_Darkus, aloha dear brother, good to see you back on the boards again.
The double serrations are a pretty cool curiosity and I want to believe that they signify double trouble when it comes to potency.

Double serrations- it is almost as if something is wrong, eh? But how can something so wrong feel so right? :LOL:

Can't wait to see how these turn out. Much aloha braddahs!

🤙mu

musashi said" "I think an MNS calender would be sweet."

Put me down for a few. Will make great Christmas presents, birthday presents, gift to your friends, etc. Having them hanging in your house will show people what you can expect to grow when you purchase MNS seeds, and it could be YOUR picture that they are looking at! How cool is that? :)

[EDIT] Was just notified this is my 1,000th post. In my old age I'm turning into a post whore!

Longball

Last edited:
Aloha relatives!

Northern Widow #4. I haven't commented on her since mid Oct. She started off looking like #2 but then her uniformity did not hold. I guess she is not as good at math (fibonacci) as her sister lol. Not much mid branching with lowers more horizontal and now twisting from the weight of buds. What bud she does have is frosting up nicely and her upper third is filling out well. However, unless she is super potent, she will not be kept for reasons mentioned. I assume these plants will go at least 10 weeks which leaves another 4 weeks for these girls to really show their stuff, so decisions won't be made until after cure.
Northern Widow #4
nw#4a 11_19.jpg
nw#4b 11_19.jpg
nw#4c 11_19.jpg

I do confess to liking more uniform Christmas tree shapes like #1. But of course, this girl is a little more extreme. More on her later.
Me, I'm just going with the flow ;)
Northern Widow #1
nw#1 11_19.jpg

...And how would you feel knowin' everybody was your friend
From thin to thick and through thick and thin
And even egotistical trips was put to an end (In Living Color)
nw3n5 11_19.jpg

NW #3 and #5

🤙mu

Aloha relatives!

Northern Widow #4. I haven't commented on her since mid Oct. She started off looking like #2 but then her uniformity did not hold. I guess she is not as good at math (fibonacci) as her sister lol. Not much mid branching with lowers more horizontal and now twisting from the weight of buds. What bud she does have is frosting up nicely and her upper third is filling out well. However, unless she is super potent, she will not be kept for reasons mentioned. I assume these plants will go at least 10 weeks which leaves another 4 weeks for these girls to really show their stuff, so decisions won't be made until after cure.
Northern Widow #4
View attachment 56085
View attachment 56084
View attachment 56083

I do confess to liking more uniform Christmas tree shapes like #1. But of course, this girl is a little more extreme. More on her later.
Me, I'm just going with the flow ;)
Northern Widow #1
View attachment 56086

...And how would you feel knowin' everybody was your friend
From thin to thick and through thick and thin
And even egotistical trips was put to an end (In Living Color)
View attachment 56087

NW #3 and #5

🤙mu
I think it is not just kind of shape.. It is actually what christmass tree should look like :)

It is very pretty.. I am starving just looking at this thread...

Iam very pleased that Shanti is still doing crosses with Black Widow :)

It just seem very fair for this lady !

#3 & especially #5 are my favorites:)
Seems so unique...

Aloha everyone!
As I have planned an 11 week run, I find I'm two-thirds of the way there. A good time to take pics from top to bottom to mark my progress and provide a checkpoint for all. Nice plants presenting traits of both parents in their look and smell. I'm esp. drawn to #1, 2, 3, 5; a tall and short WLD, a tall and short NLD. An even combination of spears and pyramids. While the Mohan Rams are now on molasses/fulvate teas, the Northern Widows will get one more bloom feed before I taper them the end of the week. I hope to hit the mark as I don't like to cut nutrition too early. Lots of pics so look for two posts today.

NW#1
nw#1a 11_28.jpg
nw#1b 11_28.jpg
nw#1c 11_28.jpg

NW#2
nw#2a 11_28.jpg
nw#2b 11_28.jpg
nw#2c 11_28.jpg

NW#3
nw#3a 11_28.jpg
nw#3b 11_28.jpg
nw#3c 11_28.jpg