Northern Widow- NL5/Hz x Widow

There are some great looking ladies in this bunch. If they turn out at least half as nice as @axiom's NL/Hz x MKS cross turned out, I'll be thrilled. What's not to like about an NL5/Hz x Widow cross? It really was a no brainer for Shanti to make these crosses. NL5xHz rulz!!

🤙mu

There are some great looking ladies in this bunch. If they turn out at least half as nice as @axiom's NL/Hz x MKS cross turned out, I'll be thrilled. What's not to like about an NL5/Hz x Widow cross? It really was a no brainer for Shanti to make these crosses. NL5xHz rulz!!

🤙mu
Not sure of the photo period Mu but you can tame them now with 13 dark hours and they grow like indicas 😂
sort of .

Half time for the Mohan Ram and 1st of 3rd for the Haze. I usually try to maximize light until the last moment, usually reducing when maturation time starts to conflict with an upcoming seed/clone grow. Taking these new lights for a spin and wanting to see what they will do. I do have extra headroom since switching over lol.

🤙mu

🤙mu
Hi @axiom.
As a big mks fan I 'm very interrested in that nl/hazeXmks cross @musashi talks about.
If you have a link to a grow report or any first hand info please share It.

Aloha @Tom bolenate!

MKS is my all time fav. Take a look at the mischief @axiom has gotten into here:
That NL5/HzxMKS is such a pretty girl!

🤙mu
Hi Mu!
Yes she is a beauty.
Very good work axiom congrats.
Tell us how she smokes when ready.

Hi Tom and Mu
All the NL5HZC/MasterKush plants show variations in growth, flavor and flower times.
The one common aspect is they all are very good smoke in their own right.
I just list this as pheno type since they all sisters.
The strawberries n Creme was the most vigorous and lush of all. Her flower time is a perfect fit for my climate.
Savory sweet smoke , sedative effect , carries what I believe to be the MK aroma. Not certain about this since I’ve never smoked MK before or in its pure form.
These seeds were remnants leftover so I don’t know if they will be remade.
Lucky me eh?
😎✌️

Aloha @axiom and @Tom bolenate! Thanks for stopping by!
Master Kush has been around for over 25 years now. The gift that keeps on giving with that signature smell and high, she is such a classic!
Everytime I see a new expression of NL5xHz, I am amazed at what it brings to the table, what it contributes genetically. I am eager to see what this Widow combination will bring. Aromas are getting stronger by the day, this morning the acridness really made itself known. I'll be firing up the scrubber soon. Some photos from last night

nw#4 10_26.jpg
NW#3

nw#3 10_26.jpg
NW#4

🤙mu

Aloha everyone!

I am having to adjust a bit with these new lights. I am not sure of the height and distance from lights and have heard conflicting information. I feel I have control of temps and humidity but think my watering schedule is off. That and the pH meter malfunction earlier has some fan leaves yellowing at the bottoms. Trying to find a balance growing Sativas and Indies in the same room with new lights is kinda- fun? I prefer one or the other and often wish I had 2 seperate grow rooms to cater to differing needs. Enough blah blah, here are the plants and my observations.

The shorter plants NW #3 and #5, now stand at 32", one with broad leaf characteristics, the other more sativa-like with many bud sites. These are the first two phenotypes.
Nw#5&3 10_30.jpgnw#3 10_30.jpg
NW #3

nw#5 10_30.jpg
NW #5

NW #2 and #4 stand at 37"- 41". They are MOR with moderate leaves, good structure, branching and bud sites. They are staked and I anticipate they will be good yielders.
nw#2 10_30.jpg
NW #2

nw#4 10_30.jpg
NW #4

NW #1 is the tallest and most sativa-like, 49" standing on her own. As you can see, she's a Christmas tree with many bud sites.
nw#1 10_30.jpg
NW #1

And then there is Kawasaki girl, NW #6. She flowered later but seems to be maturing quickly. Her fan leaves yellowing early, I was convinced she was locked or overwatered. I did back off the water just to see if that was the problem. Growth has not been hindered and sugar leaves are still green. The fan leaves have no spotting, they just appear to be going through a normal senescence. Please chime in if I have missed something.
nw#6 10_30.jpgNW#6 top 10_30.jpg
NW #6

🤙
mu

Usually the lower fans leaves yellowing is due to lack of food.
Fan leaves being a repository of food and sugars for the plant the plant sucks them dry to maintain it's self.
Try giving that most extreme example a light hit of high nitrogen veg type fertilizer....bet she takes off.

Usually the lower fans leaves yellowing is due to lack of food.
Fan leaves being a repository of food and sugars for the plant the plant sucks them dry to maintain it's self.
Try giving that most extreme example a light hit of high nitrogen veg type fertilizer....bet she takes off.

i am not sure of that when the plant eat his leaves that become more brown
that look like more that plant rid her leaves

Hi Mu
with Kawasaki Girl i see the stems are a little redden and usual occurs when there has been a stress to the plant and as a consequence the fan leaves pay dearly...can be nutrient related or root issue as a youngster , but it looks like it wants to pass through it but it is already well into flowering . Did you clone any of these girls prior to flowering? If so it maybe worth to reflower them again to really convince yourself . However saying all that, I think your plants have excellent structure and will flower profusely....believe with a cure these flowers could make you the most popular uncle on the block....always a pleasure to review your photos and hear all the details of the grow....well done and look forward to the next weeks of flowering. All the best Sb

Thanks everyone! She did stress early with all the others but never really pulled out. I went thru the usual list of nutrient, water, pH, etc. Added N, reduced water, moved her in room, foliar. I'm afraid she is too frisky for me. These remedies did not work or perhaps I didn't get on it quick enough to address her sensitivity. I will take her apart at maturity to examine the roots for gnats and aphids. I do have all in clones and will regrow to confirm strength of that particular plant. I usually do not keep finicky plants and am a little disappointed in my kawasaki girl and myself really; being that this is the very first grow of this strain and I do not want to disappoint. Thanks again everyone! Big Aloha!

🤙mu

Aloha everyone!

34 days since I initiated the flower cycle. Lots of bud sites as they now focus on filling out. Still learning my way around the LED's. The plants seem to respond differently. Keeping the heat up is new to me, while humidity has been easier to control. This week, I learned how close those lights shouldn't be lol. That's one way to slow down vertical growth :p
nw #1 11_6.jpg
Northern Widow #1

grp 11_6.jpg
Do the watusi!

nw #5 11_6.jpg
Northern Widow #4

nw #6 11_6.jpg
Northern Widow #6

🤙mu

M
Aloha @axiom and @Tom bolenate! Thanks for stopping by!
Master Kush has been around for over 25 years now. The gift that keeps on giving with that signature smell and high, she is such a classic!
Everytime I see a new expression of NL5xHz, I am amazed at what it brings to the table, what it contributes genetically. I am eager to see what this Widow combination will bring. Aromas are getting stronger by the day, this morning the acridness really made itself known. I'll be firing up the scrubber soon. Some photos from last night

View attachment 55379
NW#3

View attachment 55380
NW#4

🤙mu

Mu, #3 is just signing to my soul!! Such an incredible looking plant in all the photos! All the plants leaf serrations are very similar each plant amazing in their own right! Really like the edit, or your camera settings or something as well. The photos are just fantastic, nice compositions!!

Last edited:
Problem was #1's growth spurt. Before I knew it she was less than 2" away from the full-on lights before I raised them. I have them set at ~8" right now. Eternally a newby and not afraid to make mistakes lol.
And @TGTDE, I've had my eye on her from the beginning. Her big fan leaves are turning colors just now and she's dusting up nicely. Dense trichs, these genetics, I'm guessin she will be a real terp monster 😃
nw#3b 11_7.jpg

🤙mu

The Northern Widow males on the compost pile. Thrown out earlier, and like those Holy Smoke waifs that I kept, I may rescue these males. They've been out in the rain and cold and appear to be thriving. It's just that I am so slammed for space. Ain't that always the case? Maybe the garage...
nw male 11_7.jpg

🤙mu

Back