Northern Widow- NL5/Hz x Widow

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
Aloha everyone!

There are several members here possessing these rare seeds. @visceraeyes88 and @High-mish come to mind. Both of these strains have a long history, winning cups back in the 90's. These are the classic, old school hybrids in the truest sense. To mix them together conjures up visions of huge plants and soaring highs. We need to give it a name. Perhaps Shanti already has one. Since it is similar to GROWL without the AC, I'd call it HOWL or baby growl, kinda like baby yoda hahaha. Anyway, I confess to having some seed too so braddahs let's get the show on the road!

🤙Mu

Cool! My beans are still in the middle of their world trip. They left the MNS basecamp a while ago, survived some floodings and will G1d willing be here at some point.
Nightowl: vote +1

Or since it's destined to become a crown jewel, maybe something with corona.

Last edited:
Almost what I was hoping for in a strain.
The NL5xHaze crossed with just the Brazilian sativa component used in the making of widow is what I'd like to see.
I'll be curious about these as well and hope someone gets some reports up.
Of course I'm a sativa whore so my opinions are a bit biased.

I'm waiting on these to show up(will make that order when my next order gets here) and I'm going to pop with some mango haze that came in yesterday. Probably about a month from now I will have a journal going.

As far as names go. We already have Waco. How about Ruby Ridge???

Aloha everyone!

There are several members here possessing these rare seeds. @visceraeyes88 and @High-mish come to mind. Both of these strains have a long history, winning cups back in the 90's. These are the classic, old school hybrids in the truest sense. To mix them together conjures up visions of huge plants and soaring highs. We need to give it a name. Perhaps Shanti already has one. Since it is similar to GROWL without the AC, I'd call it HOWL or baby growl, kinda like baby yoda hahaha. Anyway, I confess to having some seed too so braddahs let's get the show on the road!

🤙Mu
Hey Mu
It’s a sister to mango widow and I’ve grown that. Was a solid performer and easy to grow.
This one sounds like a winner too and should yield great in your room.
Maybe let some close friends work up the name after a heated session of the finished flower.

Last edited:
Aloha everyone!

Born into the world- you are here to witness the first ever sighting.
Shanti has given a name to his new child. Behold the Northern Widow (NL5/Hz x Widow)!

northern widow 8_1_21.jpg
Presoaked in kelp water, than put in damp, microbe-enriched soil- 9/10 so far. Super excited about this bc, as you know, these seeds are made from two of the most important strains in Cannadom! With new LED lights and a refurbished room boasting another foot of headroom, did I say I was excited?

Well you got to let your soul shine 🎶

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

Born into the world- you are here to witness the first ever sighting.
Shanti has given a name to his new child. Behold the Northern Widow (NL5/Hz x Widow)!

View attachment 52746
Presoaked in kelp water, than put in damp, microbe-enriched soil- 9/10 so far. Super excited about this bc, as you know, these seeds are made from two of the most important strains in Cannadom! With new LED lights and a refurbished room boasting another foot of headroom, did I say I was excited?

Well you got to let your soul shine 🎶

🤙Mu
The show has begun.

Aloha everyone!

Watered enuf for the weekend and came home to seeds a little too wet for my liking. Looks like some damping but what really caught my eye in this pic was...

vit diff.jpg

The two bottom rows are the Northern Widow, while the upper two rows are the Mohan Ram. Clearly, vigor in the MNS stock.

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone,

Chuggin along. Seems like everyone is enjoying their gardening this year. Nice to know that MNS plants are at this moment, being grown all over the world.
Time to add more soil to support the stems, the NW's are on their 2nd set of leaves, they are overall bigger than the Mohan Ram that was started at the same time. And that humidifier kicks ass. Set the seedlings beside it and watch it work!

seedlings 8_6.jpg

humidify 8_6.jpg

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

I think baseline was July 29 when they were put in soil. The differences become more apparent with each passing day, save that one little NW runt. The bottom 2 rows are the NW, the top row is the Mohan Ram. Initially, I reasoned that I would cross these two using a NW male as the MR are fems (combine the BW and WW). Today, I am not so sure bc of lack of vigor, though I am willing to give the MR the benefit of the doubt as afghans sometimes do take a while to root. I considered putting more seed in the ground but decided I may already have 10-12 plants to work with as is. Not knowing the capabilities of my new lights, I'll hold pat with the hand I have, and If I keep the count low, I'll consider using 7-10 gal pots for the NW.
Going forward, I may split this journal as probably best to evaluate these 2 strains on their own individual merits. Damn, I do confess to being an MNS fan boy (but you knew that) as I'm starting to get excited about the Northern Widow!

seedlings 8_9.jpg

🤙Mu

According to Sammy, he wrote that song while riding his car from Albany, NY, where I live, to Lake Placid, NY. He got a speeding ticket on the way.

"I got to New York City, changed planes, Albany, New York. Got in a rent-a-car. Had a place in Lake Placid at the time, a little log cabin, I used to go there and write with my little boy. Aaron, at that time, went to North Country school when I was on tour. I would go there and see him. It was a really cool getaway. But it took two and a half hours to drive there from Albany. And I was driving from Albany, New York at 2:00 in the morning, burnt from all the travel. Cop stopped me for doing 62 on a four lane road when there was no one else in sight. Then the guy gave me a ticket. I was doing 62. And he said, 'We give tickets around here for over-60.' and I said, 'I can't drive 55.' I grabbed a paper and a pen, and I swear the guy was writing the ticket and I was writing the lyrics. I got to Lake Placid, I had a guitar set-up there. And I wrote that song there on the spot. Burnt."

— Sammy Hagar, 1994[2]

Longball

Back