Northern Kush (NL5/Hz x Master Kush) & CBD Critical Mass

Now some conclusion for my todays 5 posts :)

I had to take away one plant, reason is space as you can see...
-The photo included is actuall tent right now-
So the male plant have to go outside..

Plants does have slight differences as you can see, the structure is overall really bushy, just NK3 is more of a one stick, the leafs differs more, NK1 100% indy, NK4 more sative, NK2/3 11tiped hybrid beauties. The colors are lights? like NL? that why it is called NL or are theese colors because of my space? :) I really love them, green mixed with dark green.
The smells on opening the tent are something to eat... Delicious coffee, subtly-afghanish, fresh smells.

all.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I had to repot, as the square pots got sides open, and I saw some eggs layd over there.. After lifting plants from pots that was a disaster awaiting, glad I made it at time!
So some therapy was done to the roots as I dont like to wash over with H2O2, I used repoting with some damage to the sites where eggs were and also some roots rubing -> so some leafs got caught unprepared...

Atleast plants did get a bigger 3gallon pots.

On the other hand, you can see how big they are now... From around 40-45 cm (47 for CBDCM) they jumped straight into some 45-50 (55 CBD CM)

The preflowers are showing everywhere, and off course the last to show flower NK4 is bringing something to the table.. I will show on weekend, but ist preflowers are kinda brighter than others. But overall all plants are doing great so far..

edit: Oh, and I have to say, CBD Critical Mass is really thirsty plant !!! It dries up 1l of water in one and half day !! Other plants are still heavy :)
edit2: every NK plant recieved some plastic ties to get some stretch for side branches, I hope you can see..

I will again repost on every single plant separated on weekend ;)

all.jpg
all2.jpg

Last edited:
Again finishing off some new posts above ;)

LEDs were switched on 200W
2week of preflower time and buds are poping..
Soon some buds photos starts appearing ;)

Plants leach water and bio nutes quite well, the repotting have mastered out awfull flies so no more damage.
Hope it will go in right direction till the end :)

So, everyone, enjoy new year :)

up.jpg
side.jpg

So the plants stopped the stretching phase, they are all somewhat same...

I moved the light a bit, so the tops are exactly 30cm away from light source, only in last part of flowering I will put the light at 40cm and turn it on max 250W power.

Bud sites are developing quite nicely, CBD CM and NK2 are fastest, NK3 is second in that, then NK4 is quite slower...

Will tell more shortly :)

Today just some photos :)

-Oh, and btw, the male plant died, Iam sad that I didnt repot it as every plant else, and whole pot turned out to be one infestation pit :(

-I had made some cutings for safekeeping, most off them will go to safeguard in my friends place
-Two cuts off wich Iam spraying with 30ppm CS, just to try it out now without male.. I dont like that, but I wont be able to do cuts to my sick friend this year, so I will give him some feminized CBDs and will try theese if it goes OK for him.

CBD CM / NK4 / NK3 / NK2
_all.jpg

NK2
low but fresh smell - she become my star
68 cm

_NK2.jpg

NK3
low but sweet smell - definetly favorite thru whole grow so far
62 cm

_NK3.jpg

NK4
no smell at all - again I hope she will show something
64 cm

_NK4.jpg

CBD CM
low Affie smells - promising medicine and very interesting plant
70 cm

CBD CM.jpg

Last edited:
Iam here with some more photos..
actually more accurate color ones

NK4 / NK3 / NK2 / CBD CM
All1.jpg

To tell you, the smell from tent is overall very gentle, the Critical mass is smelliest from the pack, but not overpowered.. Pretty mouthwatering smells right now !!

Flowering is good and even between NKs, CM is going for big buds as can be seen already !
I have added a litlle bit of N to watering, CM and NK4 has been given more.

NK2
grow more towards sativa hybrid
nice budding sites from up to bottom
nice bushy structure
nice dark green - to blueish colors
11 fingered leafs
blossom-kushy smells - discrete fragrance
NK2.jpg
NK2-2.jpg

NK3
grow more towards indica
nice budding sites from up to bottom
started bushing later than NK2, yet still have same bush character
nice dark green - to blueish colors
11 fingered leafs
more blossom + sweet smells - still discrete fragrance
NK3.jpg
NK3-2.jpg

NK4
grow more like sativa
smaller and slower budding sites
nice bushy structure
less color hue than NK2 @ NK3
no smell at all right now
NK4.jpg
NK4-2.jpg

CBD CM
growed more like sativa like description says
pretty fast and big budding sites with trichomes all over the place
nice bush with very long branches
normal to pale green colors - very water and N hungry
sweet afghani smell - low to normal fragrance
CBDCM.jpg
CBDCM-2.jpg

flowering around WEEK 4 ending
-based on 1st preflowers (-5 days for NK4 & CBD CM)-

I will post new pics, as plants are really budding out.
Only NK4 is slow, but everything else is becoming sugar candied right now... Best in this department is CBD CM off course, followed by NK3 and short behind is NK2.

Smells are overall really low, if there wasnt CBD CM there will be no need to get carbon scrubber on...

I will again post about each plant on its ownall.jpg

Last edited:
we will start with CBD Critical mass

- this plant have very, but really very sweet smells of afghan mixed a bit with fruity skunks - tasty one for sure !
- height is some 75 cm (so stretch phase has definetly stopped)
- it is very sturdy plant, eats lot of nutes in heavy loads of water, the plant can really drink a lot of water in short time
- the bud sites are definetly huge, lots of trichomes on buds, lot all over the leafs

Really some tasty looking plant so far !

cbdcm2.jpg
cbdcm3.jpg
cbdcm4.jpg

Last edited:
next is the star Northern Kush 2

- all off NKs got this flowers smells, and this plant got exactly that smell, when you close your eyes and smell it a bit, you can literally pick flowers for your gf!
- height is 75 cm (so strecht phase has stopped here)
- nice branchy plant, very-very-sturdy, all you trow at this plant, she will endure, got the best dark green-slightly bluish spectre colors, all the leafs are healthy, even the lower ones, no leaf pruning was made on this plant also
- the bud sites are bulking and trichomes are developing quite nicely

Id say, she is star and will make a great contest with the NK3 once harvested

nk22.jpg
nk23.jpg
nk24.jpg

Last edited:
Northern Kush 3

- best expression of flower shop smells, theese are really loud, it is really like fresh spicy roses or some other sort of flowers for girls :)
- height is 78 cm (so stretch phase has stopped even here)
- nice branchy plant, got dark green-slightly bluish spectre colors, all the leafs are healthy, but the lower ones had to be pruned a bit, it is fine since, so sturdy plant again
- the bud sites are bulking more and even trichomes are produced faster then NK2

for me, this is favorite from start, and I now see, I got it in my eye,,,.. Because, still, she really looks like my favorite !

nk31.jpg

nk33.jpg
nk34.jpg

Last edited:
next is the star Northern Kush 4

- also here, we have some smell at least, and again flowers :D
- height is 85 cm (so still a bit stretch over time)
- litlle lanky plant, yet branchy in lower parts, got some lime green colors, the leafs got to be pruned in lower parts, so she was ready for taking pics
- the bud sites are developing slowest and trichomes are still not developing here

I will be giving close eye on this girl, wonder what awaits next in her

nk42.jpg
nk43.jpg
nk44.jpg

Last edited:
Some actuallizations incoming :)

The smells are finally evolving, still not that much, but pleasure and flavourfull...
Its such a nice kushy sweet parfoume :)

Also trichs are coming along nicely, added wormcasts and bat guano to top of soil.

That NK3 is killing it guys, Iam gonna put clone to my own safeguarding !

all.jpg

CBD CM
affie+citric+sweet smells
huge trich coverage

CBDCM1.jpg
CBDCM2.jpg

NK2

kushy-dank-flower smells
trichoming

NK21.jpg
NK22.jpg

NK3

best sweet-spicy-fresh-flower smells
trichs coverage ongoing ++
biggest buds from the hunt so far

NK31.jpg
NK32.jpg

NK4

flower smells already developing to osme discrete but noticable levels
trichoming just begun

NK41.jpg
NK42.jpg

Last edited:
END of week 5

the plants are evolving, got to grab down some yellow leafs, cannot keep Critical Mass green, but it seems it will be ready shortly anyway.
The smells are filling room quite nicely once I work on plants.. It is pleasant, not overpowered, yet the Coal scrubber is needed :)

NK3 is still best fort me, but the 2nd place should be interesting till the end, as plants are shifting in smells, buding and all. I think I kind off starting to love NK4 more then NK2..

Also I did manage to turn one clone of NK3 into male after 5 weeks of spraying silver on it.. If Iam lucky enought, I will make few Fem-seeds to see if it works.
On the other end, to say, I dont like to do that, and wont probably do it anymore, because of how that clone seems to suffer, it grows slower, it changes colors, but still keep alive and now getting huge male parts...
As I said, I dont like it and I dont get it, how some companies sell only fems. It just dont seem right for the plant...
This practise should not be the main concern of seedbanks.

On the other hand, another clones of NK2/3/4 are still alive for safekeeping. I will try to cross them in another run with some other plants juist to keep them around in natural seed form.
As fems are gonna be just for my personal test purposes...

CBD Critical Mass
- filling the place with pleasant sweet citrus mixed with affie smells
- cannot keep her green, should have mixed more nutes to soil
- quite nicely packing on trichomes
CM_1.jpg
CM_5.jpg

NK2
- flowers and coffee smells
- I would say, the most Kush bud structure, some leafs in also
- trichomes are developing fast
NK2_1.jpg
NK2_5.jpg

NK3
- smells are still very sweet, flower smells are evolving more to pleasant fruity tones
- filling out big spear flowers
- trichomes are also quick in development
NK3_1.jpg
NK3_5.jpg

NK4
- flowery, slightly fruity smells
- flowers goes for longer shapes
- trichomes are catching up, at rate that can "maybe" pass her sisters
NK4_1.jpg
NK4_5.jpg

Here is my bonus photo of #1 Pick for end of week 5
***Northern Kush_3***