Northern Kush (NL5/Hz x Master Kush) & CBD Critical Mass

Ptree

2021 COE Winner
Hello,

thank you for all your patience with my pause...
I have great *news* about my resumé now, what a wonderfull time for me :)

So let the comeback be good one..

F
irst of all, I will be upgrading some things and of course build my small tent again.

- The sun (sanlight Q6W g2) will be raising again shortly, so no change there.
- Plants in texpots will be proudly awaken at the breeze of classic RUCK125 - (hopefully it will be changed shortly by EC powered motor for quiter operations and for more power tuning)
- Humidifier is some basic one, with good volume - water for two days humidifying and of course small blower fan, which I dont have need to use, but it is there always.
- I need to step up with the coco game, I need some small homemade drain table and bucket for used water. I think it should improve handling the pH/EC at the root zone.

Once everything is dialed in, I will slowly drop few seeds into shot glass filled with unchlorined tap water with pH about 6 - 6,5

Iam Still waiting to announce you the seeds I will plant - so wait for it a bit more please, it should be ready in few nights.

Once I rename the thread name, you know I have started, and I will start posting ;)

Well, yesterday I planed everything up, and today I will begin the works.

My main focus from there should only be to make some aluminium construction, bucket for drained water. And the hardest part (hardest to find) the table itself. I find some sturdier profiled plastic, but dimensions are not there.. so need to find something better still... pfff and premade drain tables are only in bad dimensions for me... pfff again..

About the seeds,.

After winning ,,now over half year old photo contest,, I asked for something which need to be tested. Something special and here they are..
Nl5Haze is the only strain I didnt win on auctions, and master kush is great overall plant for me - so I can only imagine how beautifull plants this parentage can lead to.

I can imagine whole range of colourfull Northern hazes, broader leafs up to bushy xmass trees.. :)

I hope to do proper grow diary in exchange for theese.

See you all on weekend!

Last edited:
Wooden frame and the foil they use for ponds can make an excellent table. Easy to drill holes for drainage.
I bought a 30x120 flood table for growth an the shipping costs were extreme.

Wooden frame and the foil they use for ponds can make an excellent table. Easy to drill holes for drainage.
I bought a 30x120 flood table for growth an the shipping costs were extreme.
Thinking of it, but I also find 110x33cm ebflow table suited for my final 5 tex pots.
So maybe I will give that a try..

Will take a look at it today at shop..
If I take it, then I will make alu frame for it..

It have good price tag on it now

Last edited:
Aloha @PtreeCi!
What a pleasant surprise! This will be the 2nd grow of this magnificent plant and looking forward to seeing this plant in flower once again. So far these NL5/Hz crosses have been incredible and no doubt you'll give us a good show brah. I hope Shanti is making seed for these varieties, because I think mixing these old school genetics will be showing us some winners!

🤙mu

Aloha @PtreeCi!
What a pleasant surprise! This will be the 2nd grow of this magnificent plant and looking forward to seeing this plant in flower once again. So far these NL5/Hz crosses have been incredible and no doubt you'll give us a good show brah. I hope Shanti is making seed for these varieties, because I think mixing these old school genetics will be showing us some winners!

🤙mu
Exactly Mu !

Well your northern widow looks very promising too ! mouth watering :)

Last edited:
So it is finally done, I mean the drain table is ready and set, gonna have to add one support to central part, cause it will become heavy and I dont want it to break any time soon.

So hopefully I will get the tent up and runing - > faster then I fall asleep :D

edit:
So I got it, here are some photos when it is done. It just needs more cable management, thermometer and humidifier to be placed inside, but everything is set and ready.

20211113_231225.jpg
Air.jpg Tabelinplace.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I placed the seeds into moist paper towels, the paper towels where packed into plastic bags and placed on top of aquarium light.

Today morning, the cracks on seed shelf where visible on two NK seeds and on CM.

Later this day, after arriving from work, all is looking alive.

So I will wait till tomorow and everything will be carefully placed into small pots, and will be left in humidity dome from photo ;)

Enjoy begining of new seedlings..
as they enjoy the temperatures around 25°C

(the packs are there just for representation)

20211115_174617.jpg
20211115_173001.jpg 20211115_172810.jpg

Edit: I have tried to pick the most different seeds from the looks and feelings :)
So we will see 8)

Last edited:
Everyone´s out, and leaving their helmets on...
They look up on small table LED admitting no meteors are coming in the way.
So without any fears, they can expect nice life, so „puting helmets off is the right choice“ two NK said.
Hopefully tomorow morning everyone will be ready for sunbathing : )

CM.jpg NK1.jpg NK2.jpg NK3.jpg NK4.jpg

Last edited:
The promises are being fullfilled ;) And the helmets are off....

So maybe later this day...
New place for theese deerlings become new home.
The sun will rise for last few hours, to aclimatize new occupants :)

Now we hope CBD fem girl will show the right way for lings to become atleast two females, but let the story unwind first :D

Now guys you are in serious trouble, cause I will try to tell you this whole story as tales :D

promis.jpg

Here is how it all ended for today

In the oncoming day, the gardener is thinking, that it would be good to inspct everything again.
Even, when he tried out everything is working, including fresh air, cleaned the water mister and checked all the lines.

1day sun.jpg

Now lets not interupt Northerlings :)
Se you soon for true leafs ;)

Last edited:
Few days had passed by and young litlle Northelings are becoming stronger, they can already stay on their own..

The coco mixed with perlite (80/20%) is saturated with plain water all the time and wheater is good and stable.

I think everyone is feeling happy !

+20211119_170133.jpg
+20211120_134009.jpg +20211120_134013.jpg +20211120_134017.jpg +20211120_134030.jpg +20211120_134034.jpg

Last edited:
Memories of new settlers 20.11.

Northerling1 - smallest of the pack, like smaller copy of NK3

NK1.jpg

Northerling2 - fastest to get rid off a sead shell, round leaf edges

NK2.jpg

Northerling3 - the last to get rid off sead shell, but to my eyes most appealing one

NK3.jpg

Northerling4 - wants visuals of its own, pointy leaf edges

NK4.jpg

CBD CM - must be lady from nice crew !

CM.jpg

Last edited:
10 days of seedling life have passed.

Young plants did get their first nutrients solution, so the intensive fertigation will start shortly.
They all enjoy nutrients bath, so as the sun, which got closer day by day... Now aiming at about 15000-18000 Lux..

10days.jpg
NK1.jpg NK2.jpg NK3.jpg NK4.jpg CBD CM.jpg

edit: Nutrients used are all Canna Coco
Started at A+B+Root hormones at pH6,1 EC600-1000
Today I changed schedule slightly to A+B+Enzymes pH6,1 - EC1000

+ sprayed some CalMag directly on leafs at pH6,2 EC800 - because of slight leaf curl, just to find out if it is any usefull for this...

Last edited:
The second day, leafs has spiraled a bit, but the growth just pushed.
So gardener added a litlle bit of CalMag into mixture...

Plain water has pH 6,9-7,2 at EC 500-600 :(
- so adding CalMag and pH- for 6-6,2 at EC 800
- then adding nutes pH 5,8-6,1 at EC 1500

- after that it was needed to mix the CalMag threatet water with nutes mixture to make EC 1300

If not succesfull we will have to buy RO / if succesfull we will rise the EC slightly and all be good :)

Here some pics of the kids ;)

I wonder how it will look in few weeeks,, oh and of course I will be transplanting soon, have that feeling ;)

DSC_4185.jpg
+20211127_152254.jpg

Last edited:
Finalizing seedling stage !

The Northerlings are becoming Speedlings from North :D
So far I am observing how they react to nutes, and they love it, will see if the Critical Mass can hold on.
But all plants are becoming stronger and bigger in half a day !

So we will wait a few more days, and I will prepare bigger airy home for theese..

This day Litlle creatures got more „arid“ day. Because the coco is so water saturated, that I just feel a need for that.

20211128_200812.jpg

Memories from finish of seedling stage 28.11.

Northerling1 - assymetric leaf one

NK1.jpg

Northerling2 - the „shorty“ short leaf

NK2.jpg

Northerling3 - looks like Indy one ;) and the only plant to have smell at all.. the blossoms one ;)

NK3.jpg

Northerling4 - need a longer leafs?

NK4.jpg

CBD CM - sister to help teach a pack ;)

CBDCM.jpg

Last edited:
Back