NL5 x SK

aussiebud84

Hello everybody, I put the seeds down just over a month ago....I got 8 nl5xsk seedlings with a 100% germ rate.
4 ortega are coming along as well:)
canna soil mix
600w mh for vege/600w hps for flowering
mainly just plain airated water,but i give them a feed once a week a bit of guano,rhizotonic,and biocanna.
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6365-a.jpg
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6375-lovin.jpg
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6377-7-days-old.jpg
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6381-7-days-old.jpg

Thanks for checking in;)

damm.. ill have to figure out how to post pics

Last edited:
Ill be watching. :)

If you have a camera, it should come with a usb cord. Plug that in to the pc or laptop and it will install software so you can see the pics on your pc. Once you see the pics, save them to your pc. You can go to image hosting websites like tinypic or imageshack to upload them from there.

Just a refresher in case you forgot. Good luck.

Hi biclord yeah thanks for the tip. i made an album and i thought i had posted the images but instead i got a little red x:(ill try figure it out and post some new pics!:)

OK so to cut a long story short all plants done really well for 10 days they then all showed signs of overwatering and i lost about a weeks growth DOH! The skunks deffenitly suffered worse than the ortegas but no magor damamage done.they all showed sex about the same time(4 weeks) and i ended up with 6 male nl5xsk ,2 female nl5xsk, 3 male ortegas and 1 female ortega.I was hoping for a couple more girls but imo i got a great male nl5xsk that i kept for seeds all other males culled.they are now at 11 days since the change of lights with pics of the male and girls coming tonight!

I was wanting to catalog the grow as it happened but was unable to do so:(
but you guys can watch the buisiness end happen as i will post pics once a week till the chop.
peace.

Alrighty then,so ill give some info on each plant.
nl5xsk 1 was tipped early on, it was the"runt" untill it got tipped and then it just took off!!!I find the tips of this plant strange...apart from being tipped it had no other bending,pruning, supercropping e.t.c but it has a heap of little stems instead of one soilid stem on its two main branches,i havent grown a plant like this so if anybody has any info on this growth pattern that would be cool!Heres a pic of one of the main stems.Is this a good thing because of so many tips or is this a bad thing because i lost my big bud?
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6683-079.jpg

Nl5xsk 2 was "fim" tipped early on,I like this plant, three nice main stems, easy to grow, choice!!
The ortega was supercropped once about week 4, i prunned most of the main fan leaves off the main stem because it was soooo thick down there. light just wasnt getting through and im a bit paranoid about it..once i did remove the fan leaves the branches did seem to like it and finally started pushing through.
Thanks for checkin ;)

Hi guys and girls its been 32 days since the flip,the first row is my nl5xsk1 and the second row is the nl5xsk2.
Number 1 has smaller buds atm but are more frosty and smells a bit stronger than number1...
Number 2 has biger buds and also looks nice...
till next time take care;)
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6852-nl5xsk-004-2.jpg
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6853-nl5xsk-017-2.jpg

aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6846-nl5xsk-022.jpg
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6848-nl5xsk-027.jpg
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6847-nl5xsk-025.jpg

Nice pics aussiebud84. I am very interested in this thread as i want to get a pack of these beans for myself. Will be following with interest.:D

G'day Jsmoke. heres a pic i just took of the girls...
aussiebud84-albums-nl5-x-sk-picture6914-018.jpg

Thats the ortega in the middle there, the rest is nl5xsk

Last edited:
Very nice ladies you have there.:D I cant wait for the smoke report. Im interested to see how it compares to the Ortega.:)

How is the grow going aussiebud? I would love an update of those gorgeous ladies:D I have just ordered a pack of these and can not wait to pop them.:D Looking forward to seeing how your girls turn out. Peace.

Hey guys sorry about the late reply!
Shiva skunk v mns nl5xskunk does sound like alot of fun but i have some other strains lined up next that im really exitced about.Thanks for the offer though Blabla but now isnt the best time for me to tackle somthing like that.maybe later...
Hi Sensimilla13 i had played around with the seedlings as i do,i topped two,supercropped two, left two alone and bent two over.so when i only got two females and they were both the ones i topped i was a little down about missing out on"the big bud".the ortega girl of mine was 45cm when i flipped the lights i measured it last night and it is now 89cm so its doubled already (day 47).
I think the nl5xsk will go at least 9 weeks and the ortega prob 9 weeks also.
Well as for a overall opinion the nl5xsk2 is becoming my fav,its smell is a predictable fruity/skunk,its covered in resin and is exacly what i hoped for from this line!
the nl5xsk1 is alot deferent to the other girl, it must be more on the skunk side of things...While maybe not as deadly looking its smell is one of my fav cannabis smells: lemon. It has smaller lighter buds atm and looks like it will go longer than the other one.both plants are nice and frosty.
the ortega is doing great.it was my lest fav out of the bunch of ortegas but has really surprised me!it grows like you would expect and the buds look great.really sticky, low key smell,i read other grower reveiws of this plant who i would agree with(minus a few) im not that old so cant really say what "old school" smells like but i would imagine it smelled like this plant.
It would be hard to judge these plants based on my results as this is the first time i have used soil indoors and did learn alot the hard way!That canna pro mix i feel is just that,you need to be a pro to get the best results lol.
anyway chill out have a smoke and ill go take some more pics

Back