Nev's Mango Female Selection: Medical Grow

nice update thefoetus. that's some dedication for 46 Nevils Mango. Lots of resin on those leaves too.

That #39 has the cunt structure. I forget what it's called...ummm....fasciation. it's interesting that you are growing that from a cutting? Is the stem flattened?
I had some strange stem mutants in nevils mango too. One had a fasciated stem but was male and got yanked.

what are some of the aromas on the keepers?

Hi CannaFish, great to see you again.
Yes, these 6 are cuttings from their seed-plant mothers. This 'fasciation' seems an interesting business. Indeed the stem on 39 does feel flattened! She was topped / fim'ed during veg.

The literature suggests the condition is non-contagious - we could yank her at this stage (she is less resinous than her sisters) though I'm not sure what to do, as the buds on her other stems appear normal. What do you think?

I touched 39 just now - my hand came back smelling a lot like Super Silver Haze.

The general smells of the keepers are exotic, spicy, animal, leather, wood, musk, electric / silver.

many fasciated plants have tested negative for the bacteria in studies, hence bacterial infection is not an exclusive causation...

Additional environmental factors that can cause fasciation include fungi, mite or insect attack and exposure to chemicals. General damage to a plant's growing tip and exposure to cold and frost can also cause fasciation.

Plant Genetics: Many annual plants contain a gene responsible for the fasciation of vegetative or flower stems. Gregor Mendel, the father of modern genetics, demonstrated the gene for fasciation was a heritable trait in peas (Gottschalk, 1977). Fasciation was one of the seven characteristics he chose when illustrating the concept of dominant and recessive traits in his cross breeding of peas. These inherited fasciations are meristematic mutations which impart tumor-like properties to the meristem (Tang and Knap, 1998).

I've been smoking some of our latest batch of Nevil's Mango. I opened a tin this morning and got a strong smell of fruit / mango.

This tin contains roughly trimmed, smaller buds from some lower branche -the bulk is slowly curing. I'm not sure whether many will find these buds visually appealing, but they are sticky and covered in small trichomes. If I leave the leaves on it provides a slightly stoney backdrop for the soaring high. On occasion I mix these buds 30 / 70% in favor of a strong indica, but the Nev's Mango still dominates in the mix.

She gets me so high :)

I just love this stuff! Gotta be my all time fav, Glad to see your grow and read your positive comments. It's all true.
Thanks brah!

Aloha
Mu

Those buds look good to me man, enjoy the harvest! How long was the flower time in the end?
Thanks Alecky. I'd say around 12 weeks to bloom, (from clone - 11/13,) following considerable vegetation. We were seeking mostly cloudy trichs - I was expecting their summer to be longer so was very pleased with this window.

I just love this stuff! Gotta be my all time fav, Glad to see your grow and read your positive comments. It's all true.
Thanks brah!
Hi Musashi! Me too - glad you can relate; interesting to read she's your favorite. We were lucky to choose Nev's Mango for this project - as opposed to first growing Nevil's Haze which would, perhaps, have been akin to running before walking :)
She's certainly a step about the 5Hz and Mango Hz in terms of psychedelia and upward momentum.

I would imagine SB put considerable work into creating this awesome line: each seedplant was worthy of smoking, was consistently short to flower, and very sativa leaning!

Aloha braddahs!

Really a great thread on a super strain! Sadly, thefoetus hasn't been here of late. Methinks he found that perfect plant and like many others has gone off to happyland. I sure hope that isn't the case.

Hello again everybody,

We are about halfway through phase 2 of our Nevil x Mango selection. The first run of 46 seeds produced a nice quantity of exotic bud :) It is being worked on, still, as I write. The bud is even nicer to smoke after a long cure of 3-6 months.

The plants range from sativa dominant, to (seemingly) pure sativa with no noticeable stonedness. The plants had a positive effect on creativity, energy, elevation of thought - the usual suspects.

We narrowed our pool down to 6 prospective keepers. They are about halfway through flower now, and I am very excited to try them. A couple of the girls are already frosty :)

Plant # 16
16_A.jpg

16_C.jpg

16_E.jpg

16_D.jpg

Plant #21
21_A.jpg

21_F.jpg

Plant #29
29_A.jpg

29_D.jpg

good luck foetus. nevilshaze mango is a golden beauty and excellent herb.

Quote:
personal projects in the Neville's mango line
This is the line I'd be choosing for further linebreeding to HzA and HzC.
N.
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/74067-post755.html

So the Neville's quote has got me thinking. As much as I love this herb, I wonder what I can do to increase its yield. I am thinking that my Doors males might make sense here. Lefty #6 is the most sativa of the three males and so would be the first consideration. Frankie Boy #14 would be next because of size and pollen production. The other thing to consider is the creation of a polyhybrid utilizing NHxDoors f1 males to the NHM. Think I might have found another worthwhile project :D

Shaka
Mu

Aloha braddahs!

Really a great thread on a super strain! Sadly, thefoetus hasn't been here of late. Methinks he found that perfect plant and like many others has gone off to happyland. I sure hope that isn't the case.

So the Neville's quote has got me thinking. As much as I love this herb, I wonder what I can do to increase its yield. I am thinking that my Doors males might make sense here. Lefty #6 is the most sativa of the three males and so would be the first consideration. Frankie Boy #14 would be next because of size and pollen production. The other thing to consider is the creation of a polyhybrid utilizing NHxDoors f1 males to the NHM. Think I might have found another worthwhile project :D

Shaka
Mu
Hey Mu, did you end up pursing this / these project(s) at all? If so how did it go?

Back