Neville's Haze/the Doors

ok, maybe it was a comment by me, that never went challenged?
top of page 7
but as you see, i was unsure of which nl5a was the new one and which was the old one, or really if the new one was used in both places.

but after a quick skim, i did not see any concrete info from shanti himself, and that is what we really need.
i am sure i read it somewhere reliable.

Well Didds,

I'm not sure I understand the whole "do you guys work for free" statement??? Uhhh, where did I ask for free seed? I just want information before I pay for the product...Thankfully, at MNS, this info is freely available...even though in a few rare instances it's kind of cryptic, lol!

Cheers,
Sensi

Hey Sensi, my point was that you pay for seed not for the IT required to make that seed. Now I want to know that my SSH is NL#5 x Skunk1 x Haze of course, but I do not believe that I should be told any more than that because I pay a few $$ for seed. My whole point was that if a breeder does not want to release a strain's pedigree for any reason why should they? Why should Coke or Kentucky Fried give anyone their recipes? They don't, and that is considered fair enough so why should a breeder of cannabis be any different?

I think the thing is that many growers are (quite understandably) fascinated by cannabis genetics and they want to know what the breeders have spent a lifetime learning. But you just cannot expect to be told that for the price of seed.

It is not a question of greed vs generosity. Shanti is very generous we all know, but he doesn't give his seeds away because that would be stupid, and he doesn't spend what little time he has to spare (if any) coming here and telling everyone the exact genetic pedigree of Neville's & his strains.

My point is that he should not have to do that because others want to know what he knows. That just seems totally unreasonable to me. Now if he wants to tell everyone the pedigree of his strains that is a completely different kettle of fish.

Peace Sensi

didds

i really dont expect anything more with the seed than a name. and that seed to perform to a standard of some sort.

the fact that mns gives you more is what i find generous.
and then in comparison others look greedy. maybe greedy was the wrong word, but hoarding maybe?

it is perfectly fine to have company and be profitable and have a secret recipe that keeps you "better" than the next guy.
but this is a plant and there is a goal in many of our hearts for the improvement of the species.
this is a priciple shanti and nevil seem quite fond of, quite a bit different, and ridiculous, to compare to a can of coke.
this is a life we are talking about. very precious and worth all efforts.
maybe we should expect everything that anyone can give?

Can someone point me in the direction for some info on this Haze AC... I believe one of the early posters said that it does have some skunk in it because haze a and haze c are both males so in order to combine them, you need to throw in a female to start the bx/inbreeding process to obtain something similar to the male haze plants then combine the two. I was always under the impression it was skunk he'd used like in the mango and ssh. I could be totally off on this depending on what female plant shanti began with to make the first cross. You would think he'd use a more sativa dominant plant...This has just got me thinking..I'm very interested in growing some doors outdoors with nev's in the future so Im glad there is interest in this strain as it was always going to be my first choice from the rock and roll series.

Hahaha, dude we're saying the same thing just in a different language or something!!!

Are we!? Well then, I agree with you 100% Sensi :)

So when there are discrepancies on the forum for a strain...Ortega and Haze A/C, for example, I try to figure out what it actually is before I buy it. This is mostly because I have specific projects in mind.

Yes, there do seem to be a lot of discrepancies about life as we know it.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Shanti gives away quite a bit of seed. I know he has helped a number of members in times of need...and I'm pretty sure he has helped out some dispensaries/buyers clubs (don't quote me on this one...but i'm pretty sure I read it somewhere)

I have absolutely no doubt that Shanti is a very generous and a caring and helpful breeder...absolutely no doubt!

It's pretty sad to me that people think there is something wrong with Shanti for being so generous...or that it makes him a crappy businessman or whatever has been said.

Well now young Sensi...did I ever say that there is something wrong with Shanti for being generous? No I did not. And did I call Shanti a "shit businessman"!? Well yes I did actually, but I think that everyone eventually got that I was using reverse psychology in order to manifest an outpouring of loyalty toward our benefactor....Shantibaba?

If most other breeders weren't so crooked then maybe everyone else would expect the kind of disclosure that I do for a product I am paying good money for!

And if all that you want to know is that SSH is NL5/HzCxSk/HzC then that is fine with me, but if .... HzCxSk!? I thought it was Skunk1!? HZC!? I thought it was HazeA!?

Hey Shanti...what is Sensi talkin about about man!? Haze A, B, C ... is there an entire alphabet of Hazes for poor, old, fishy to contend with!? :mad:

Cheers Sensi,

Didds

...it is perfectly fine to have (a) company and be profitable and have a secret recipe that keeps you "better" than the next guy. but this is a plant and there is a goal in many of our hearts for the improvement of the species. this is a priciple shanti and nevil seem quite fond of, quite a bit different, and ridiculous, to compare to a can of coke. this is a life we are talking about. very precious and worth all efforts. maybe we should expect everything that anyone can give?

yeah, I quite like that jack :) Perhaps you are right from the serious users perspective? But there is also the breeder's perspective to consider.
I guess there are casual users of cannabis seeds, and serious users of cannabis seed and each has their own perspective.

And as you might know...I seriously object to the word should and it's implications so was that why you highlighted it?

However, let's leave it at that jack because I don't want to fight over one's right to having a particular perspective depending on one's perspective on the right of one to have a a particular perspective one one's...ahhhh :(

I'm just not clever enough to do that jack!

Besides...I just dropped two hmxbb fish caps :eek:

didds

diddley,
There WAS A Haze A, B & C at one time. The male A died quite some time ago. The B was a female and also died. The Haze C male is the only pure haze left alive from Nevil's original stock.

Thanks for that Sensi...now I know.

I never said YOU said there was something wrong with Shanti...that was a general statement. And this portion of your post felt very condescending (as well as acouple other sentences) which I don't appreciate. I know you're Fishy/diddly and you are always just joking or whatever but it really makes me lose interest in the discussion.

Well, I apologise for that Sensi.

Can you please quote the parts that you felt to be condescending?

It probably means that my words aren't congruent with my feelings.

Sometimes that happens. I'm not happy about it either

It is a sign of a poor cognitive functioning :(

So, I think I've stated my position on the disclosure if strain info, I don't expect anything more than what MNS already provides. But when errors are discovered I just really like to see them get clarified.

Stated and respected Sensi :)

Cheers,
Sensi

I notice there's a pretty whopping difference in the expected yield between Neville's Haze (400 grams/m2) and the Doors (600 grams/m2). Could a good amount of skunk in the family of breed raise yield by 50%? That seems to suggest a not an insignificant presence of Skunk in The Doors, next to the No-Skunk NH. Gotta hand it to those Doors they do know how to be practical.

I notice there's a pretty whopping difference in the expected yield between Neville's Haze (400 grams/m2) and the Doors (600 grams/m2). Could a good amount of skunk in the family of breed raise yield by 50%?

Depends how you grow them, but I think it highly likely adding some SK to NH could increase the yield under lights.

NH can yield massive outdoors.

the doors

when my mates were drunk and the nl5 haze was getting smoked the light weights would piss in their pants ,no dumps tho. yet

The Doors

Hi

So far I'm very impressed with the Doors. My best looking plant at the moment outdoors is The Doors. Very strong and healthy looking plants and not as temp sensitive as the Nev Hz I've also got growing.

I'll do a grow diary just on The Doors if I flower them successfully. That's months away yet though.

scrubdog

Anyone who have grow and smoked both NH and The Doors can tell the differences and similitudes between the two (taste-smell-high)?

Peace

Tamujin

Back