Neville's Haze Indoor 2017

Forgot about this thread wow...

So I grew Neville’s haze looking for Piff phenos which I’ve now learned wouldn’t be found in NH.. most went about 16-19 weeks of flower and wasn’t worth it IMO. Went 12/12 seed and most didn’t show sex for a longggg time. Seems like NH isn’t as practical now a days with so many faster finishing strains. Phenos I found also didn’t taste “hazy” can’t really put my finger on the taste. I will say that I only had 3-4 females so def not enough to give a definitive report on NH. Smell was kind of like Heineken or 40 oz beer. Don’t have any pics from that or maybe I do will check...

The potency of SSH was a lot stronger than my NH. Kind of a rant hope that helps.

Thank you Jim. Interesting, your observations and how they differ a bit from mine. If I may ask, how long did you cure your crop before the nose and smoke test? The beer smell you mentioned, it caused me to open a half dozen bottles to see if I could detect a similar smell in my own batch. I could not. I got some slight mango to a deeper, oilier juniper. A more mature smell compared to the highly floral aromas when first put to cure. Warmer is a word that comes to mind. Potency was definitely there and has not diminished. If I had to compare the smell and potency at this point; reminding my of some of the strong NL5xHaze I've had in the past. It has now been 23 weeks since I bottled this batch up. I am wondering the impact of a long cure as mentioned in @Mark's recent thread on curing. Thanks for your feedback.

🤙
Mu

Thank you Jim. Interesting, your observations and how they differ a bit from mine. If I may ask, how long did you cure your crop before the nose and smoke test? The beer smell you mentioned, it caused me to open a half dozen bottles to see if I could detect a similar smell in my own batch. I could not. I got some slight mango to a deeper, oilier juniper. A more mature smell compared to the highly floral aromas when first put to cure. Warmer is a word that comes to mind. Potency was definitely there and has not diminished. If I had to compare the smell and potency at this point; reminding my of some of the strong NL5xHaze I've had in the past. It has now been 23 weeks since I bottled this batch up. I am wondering the impact of a long cure as mentioned in @Mark's recent thread on curing. Thanks for your feedback.

🤙
Mu

Longest my NH cured was 2-3 weeks. As stated I didn’t run thru enough to draw a conclusion about the strain as I still have some left from the pack. I feel like I’m a better grower now and things could be diff if run again. 20 weeks of flower tho is just a hard commitment indoor for me.

With that being said a lot comes down to phenos ive grown a lot of haze varieties all have been great for me except NH and g13- haze. I have found SSH to be superior to NH from the phenos ive run.

Back