Mylar packaging,does it work?

Indi

Mylar is used a lot for keeping food fresh and other things.
Keeps out light,supposed to be very non-permeable,and long time storage.
Anyone know if it would be good for cure/storage ?

If you can vacuum seal the mylar wthout crushing the product it stores exceptionally well.
It does extremely well containing even the most fragrant varieties.
If you double seal it even a trained k9 cannot detect the contents...I love the stuff.

Just got some myself so couldn't say myself right now but others swear by them. The big selling point on them is they are "smell proof". They are surely better than dollar store Baggies and affordable compared to jars ect. Plus they are more professional looking and marketable, not to mention the long term storage abilities of mylar, heat sealable, refrigerated/frozen. They are pretty damn cheap, I got this one to try for a dollar or two.

topheavy420-albums-og-x-ssh-picture12941-20171107-140157.jpg

Sounds good.
Some come with oxygen removing packets.Would removing oxygen be of any benefits?
Id like to know what's in those constant Rh ppackets.

Last edited:
Sounds good.
Some come with oxygen removing packets.Would removing oxygen be of any benefits?
Id like to know what's in those constant Rh ppackets.

Again, I'm unexperienced but going to be experimenting with the mylar bags I just don't see the need for either and the cost is pretty high. If they are mostly vacuumed before sealing there'd be minimal oxygen to begin with. If they are vaccumed and sealed at peak dryness and stored properly (i.e. fridge/freezer) there should be no need for the boveda humidor packets. The bag I bought will comfortably hold an ounce, so if I was the end buyer/user of that bag I'd keep it in the fridge and take a enough out for a few days at a time or if fridge isn't an option get a boveda pack. They are expensive and reusable(I think) so I would say that's on the end user to buy if they wish.

I had 14 units stored away and other than some getting too dry,so far just one unit out of 14 and it was a very long haired airy strain.
I didn’t vacuum out all the air but sealed it up and it does work as good as mason jars and better than any plastic materials.
Mylar is used in helium filled balloons to keep gases from leaking out so it’s ideal to keep aromas airtight.

Last edited:
Back