My adventures in MK/Sk-land

Thanks for the grow report Ronin , Id love to see more on this strain as it looks like a real winner .

2004 MNS MKSk:

mksk1.jpg

Peace.

K.

Thank you BucketBong,

I highly recommend MNS MKSk...

It is one of my favourite hybrids from the MNS camp.

I am planning to do a new round of selection as I still have old seeds of that hybrid in the fridge in order to select males...thing I had not done in 2004.

I am also planning to give a try to the new MKSkXAfgHz hybrid.

This and Critical Hz are my two next choices.

Peace.

K.

Looks like a near perfect Indy - Sat hybrid judging by the shape and the size of those pyramid like buds . Great stuff.

You are partially right...

The Sk does bring some sativa inlfuences into the mix but you also have to know that the original Master Kush already had thinned leaves and long internodes.

It also had quite an unusual high for an all indica plant.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

K.

Hi Ronin,

After reading your thread many times, (as well as others,) I have decided to make Master Kush Skunk my next grow. Thank You very much for the encouragement.

Peace,
Bube

Agree GanjaMan1 , this thread got me thinking heavily on this strain. I have grown a similar HinduKushxSkunk1 for years and its true there are flavours and nuances of the high in there that are unique. Ronin mentioned how the high builds and builds , I too have noticed that , not all smoke has that trait..I'm thinking this MNS strain is something in a class of its own.. hardly a leaf on it! MP!- I can tell you the long spear like /sat like buds are typical, almost identical to my HKxSk kept going from mid 90's, now there are some phenos in there with more compact buds for sure and the Kush often has a small bud develope on the fan leaf which I thought was a mutant at first but later research showed that this is a telltale trait of the landrace. I suspect the long spears come from the haze element in the skunk.., I have selected for that because I dig the mild menthol/pine taste and the longlasting clear high.. never cough on it.

Last edited:
Where are they now?

I know this is an old thread but i've just got to comment. I just reread this thread again for what i think is the 4th time as i'm refreshing my knowledge before popping a few of the beans i got off auction. I tend to do an obscene amount of research before I finalize my bean purchases and this thread was a deciding factor on my decision and i thank you all for the wealth of info and opinions posted here.

I was curious, as alot of the meat of this thread is years old, do any of you still have your keepers in rotation? If so what attributes have been irreplaceable as you've popped other beans? If replaced what took their spots?
Would love to know what could even come close, might have to buy a few of that too!
peace
Fatty

Back