Mother Room Help

Stinky Pete

Hey Guys

So its that time of the year where I would love to keep a few Mothers for the next season. Cause the ones I have/soon to have is strains that I personally really enjoyed and keeping them is a job I am willing to undertake. But there is one problem.....

I have never kept mother plants at a certain size. I am planning on using 15cm pots. I saw a guy that keeps his mothers in 10cm pots. Also, the light situation is as follows. I have double fluro (36W each), a 85w cfl and a couple of 20w's. And that's it , will that be enough ??? I wish I had better lights but the cab with the 250w HID lights won't be able to hold all the mothers.

I will let you know when my cuttings has rooted and then the game is on.

Love and Light

Pete

There's a breeding thread on here (the sultan method) which contains a section on keeping bonsai mothers and fathers. Excellent method if you have limited space or want to work numbers. I'm not sure you need all those bulbs. I keep my mothers in "lower" lighting conditions. I don't want to encourage vigorous growth. But it really all depends on how often you want to take cuttings.

Ahoya.

Thanx BullDogDad, I will find and check it out. I kept a cuttings once for 7 months to continue this season but that's about that. Really keen to get that under the belt as well.

Love and Light

Pete

Hi All

well we do this as our main game plan since 30 odd years and it is the basis of all strain work of the past so imo it is probably the most important part of working with cannabis next to the advent of cloning.

Believe it or not we keep on average 8 back ups of plants in over 12 locations spanning 6 countries at any one time for security. Even when i was licensed in Switzerland we still kept independent back ups as one day the government changes and the laws are in doubt...so while we live by man made laws keep mother rooms to advance the biodiversity of what has been preserved.

Easiest method is to keep it all going inside a tent with a good temperate zone around the tent...so inside 12/12 rooms is one technique...if you only need 100 clones and wish to keep 4 to 6 mothers alive. In a continuous harvest set up where the flowering room never changes finding a corner to put a 1 meter x 1 meter tent for 18hr to keep mothers and root clones is not difficult. We usually use flouros in the veg or mother tent and suck in the preheated air from the flowering room then extract it out of the building. That way the air is already warm and with 50% humidity more or less....it then enters the mother tent and by keeping exposed a bucket of water at all times evaporative humidity is able to reach 70 or 80% which is best for clones to root and really does not effect the mothers. As the mothers grow we clone the pruned branches and continuously root clones...as well as pre grow them ready for flowering.

I will try and get a few photos for you to see as a photo explains a thousand words in this case.

Be well all the best sb

Ahoy Shantibaba

Great idea about the hot air from the flowering room. Unfortunately my veg area and flowervcsb is about 5m apart from each other. But I guess a plan can be made.

Looking forward to those pics

Love and Light

Pete

Ok, I set up a “mother room” just a 5x5’ but good environment. All I have right now is some 6” tall flowering Angels breath F2s
I am thinking about a light for this tent. And a light cycle.

mid like to draw minimum watts from the wall.. I won’t need cutting from these plants....if I want I can toss in Veg tent I just want to preserve genetics

should mother tent be 18/6 or 12/12?

Shanti reading you post..18/6 floro lights? Efficient, they don’t grow large and saves time since they already in veg mode?

Back