mother plant from fem seed?

G `day Deran

Have you a source for that Thais hide their balls till F10 anecdote .
I`ve been around herb for 30 + years never heard that wives tale before .

F10 . How many gens do you think were grown over millenia in Thailand before the US GI`s came to Thailand on R n R and discovered Thai Sticks in the 70s ?

check this model . 1971 Vietnam War . US troops in SE Asia . FFWD to 2017 thats 45 years and 45 gens on from the Thai Stick the boys were smokin .
F10 .... They are up to F 999 + already

EB .

i would lie if i could tell you the author, its printed book from the 70s or 80s, english language, and no its neither cervantes nor rosenthal, you see i even dont remember the name of the book, as they all sound somehow similiar and i had not few read, its about cultivation is all i can say.

you are right about the generations thing, technically, i cant tell you what the author was up to, if he meant a cross (of its own), or the generation planted outside of its natural habitat, or something else, too much time passed by since i read that book, some memories go some stay

take it or leave it

G `day Deran

Possibly there was seedless bud in places where there were local dedicated seed makers . Otherwise how do you produce seed for next season .

Seedless = more herms or later flowering over generations .
Because only late flowering males and intersexed plants are left in a sensi plot .

If there is no seed crop grown , the chances of what seed is in the seedless crop will have been pollinated by late flowering males and herms in the field after the early / regular period males have been removed ,they are the pollen donors left behind .

Seedless had been in Thailand at least 40 years . And Jah only knows how many generations before that seedless tech was discovered . A lotta years of herms and late flowering males in the gene pool .
Then a small amount of those seeds got exported . Basically bag seed . Where as the Sensi farmer would have Male / female seed from selected males made by the seed maker .

Regions where hash is made no sexing of plants required . It all gets turned into hash male / female / herm .

The guy from the 70s was using more broscience in his book IMO .hidden till F10 ?
Its a genetic lottery . Use more than 1 male and keep records .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:
G `day Deran

Here`s an example of sensi farmers having a seed banker .

Parental Information:

A landrace pure sativa, Grown by the Lahu hilltribe in northern Thailand and Burmese border area.
This tribe are from Tibet originally,they migrated through China and Burma over a three hundred years
ago.Seeds are always collected from same source, a pure breeding strain grown for over 100 years in the
mountain village they are collected from on Thai side of the border, one farmer crosses male to female
using many different plants and distributes the seeds to others.
Grows at 2000 metres,and producing
two crops a year.

Thanks for sharin

EB .

From what ive seen in other forum posts is that fem mothers dont last longer than 5 to 7 years.

Back