MNS vs. SENSI NL5 HAZE GROW

MNS

2-23-12weedpics099.jpg

2-23-12weedpics100.jpg

Sensi Seeds

2-23-12weedpics104.jpg

2-23-12weedpics102.jpg

2-23-12weedpics103.jpg

I opened up the mns pack and found the missing 10th seed.
threw that in a cup of water.

the seven mns seedlings are doing ok, the 8th planted one has not popped bove the surface yet though...
the 9th is still sitting in water, it is still balled up like it was when the shell was removed, ill plant it soon but im not seeing any activity.

im not seeing much activity from the remaining sensi dehulled embryos, but they will get planted and see what happens. one of the 5 planted sensi's is above the surface. awesome ;)
at least there is one.

MNS

2-25-12weedpics002.jpg

Sensi

2-25-12weedpics003.jpg

I planted all the rest of the mns and sensi seed embryos last night.

i didnt remove the coating around the embryos when putting them back in the water after i had removed the shells originally, i made sure they were all off now. ill have to remember to do that with the shell removal in the future. seems they have a hard time pushing through that layer on their own.

that last mns seed i just put in the water had split open and had nice taproot already, ahead of all the other slow ones. :)

yeah, i hope to see a few more come up, i think some of these last few have a better chance than 4/5 of the first group. i did try to carefully remove that coating on the second biggest sensi, it was at the surface of the dirt and seemed to be just sitting there, having a hard time wrapped in the coating.
hopefully i wasnt too rough with it, and now it might open up and get some light.

Jack, What kind of a sample size are you working with for the nl/hz scheeewt (notice the dutch accent in theer) out? :) Did you feed these seedlings to your neviles haze? :p

Great Work Jack ... I bet you get more of the sensi's than you think. Top knotch work my friend. ;)

the seedlings are coming along,
ended up with 2 sensi and 8 mns.
i transplanted them from cups to 6" square pots a couple days ago,
and i think they can start taking a light feeding.

Im going to grow these out till i can get some clones, and flower some clones in the square pots, looking for the smell. i wont hesitate to put any of the females into hydro and give them a fair shot, but i think even a little plant will show me what i need to know, and hopefully ill know if i have a standout in the first few weeks of flowering.

I will probably make a few batches of seed with each male, and eventually pick the best 2 or 3.

A sensi x mns nl5 haze wouldnt really be f2's, so ill see what happens with that too.

here is a pic of them maybe a week or so ago,
they definately need to start getting food,
there are some spots on their leaves and such.

they are just sitting off to the side pretty much neglected,
but now that they are past the seedling stage,
im going to give them a better spot and get them growing faster.

4-3-12636.jpg

To be honest, the best looking plant for now is a sensi,
its the second from the top in the left row.
the other sensi is the small one at the top of the second row.
the rest are MNS.

hi jack,
It would serve you well not to veg those seedlings too long
they grow very large when done right.
Flower times I have experienced can go well into 14 weeks from a seed under a bloom photoperiod.

peace
ax

NL5 haze should be nothing compared to the nevilles haze,
and i did a pretty good job with that one because I had a very
citrus hazy jack herer a while ago and learned how to manage plants from growing it for years. I think it stretched more than any other plant ive grown.
once you learn how to handle those monsters, everything else seems tame.

I am not going to flower the seedplants, i want to learn the flowering time of clones so i just use the seedplant as a mother and flower out some rooted clones as testers and if i think a strain has potential i will go ahead and grow larger plants before the testers are done. if not, i try to find the best from the testers and grow out cuts of the best.
in my system for larger plants, it is hard to manage many different plants with different finishing times.

these ones are coming along,
i was able to move them under a mh now instead
of just the flourescent.
growth should pick up soon.

they hardly ever get watered, they werent getting enough light to suck it up.
i think that is why they have a lot of curly/deformed leaves, but they should grow out of it fine now.
strange that it is only the mns 5C, the sensis look fine.

4-9-12026.jpg

sensis

4-9-12028.jpg

MNS

4-9-12029.jpg

4-9-12030.jpg

4-9-12031.jpg

4-9-12032.jpg

ive been wanting to get them some food, just waiting for them to be dry.

they should be ready to pull a clone off in a week, by the time thats rooted i will pull a couple more and then ill have some to flower.

finally got the chance to feed them, 1/4 strength for this first time, ill give them half strength next time.

they are looking much better now that they are getting light,
since these pics ive finally put them right underneath a 600.
ill let them enjoy that for a few days before they need to get put back to the side.

4-12-12001.jpg

4-12-12002.jpg

4-12-12003.jpg

4-12-12004.jpg

4-12-12005.jpg

4-12-12006.jpg

well, i took cuts off of all of them but the small sensi,
and i think i can tell the sex of all but the small sensi.

so far it looks like 4 males and 4 females of the mns,
looks like the bigger sensi is a male, always, the best looking plant is a male?!?
hope the smaller one gets going so i can get a clone, and hope it turns out female.

4-15-12007.jpg

4 males of mns

4-15-12034.jpg

4 female mns are on the left and right, the center 2 are sensi

4-15-12053-1.jpg

the 2 sensi's

4-15-12005.jpg

sup jack just wanted to throw this out there because i have did it and probably will always do it when it comes to haze plants....if you use mh for the first 30 days of flower it will control stretch a lot and add more trich production;)u probably already know this but thought i would put that out there anyways for the peeps that dont know....nice grow cant wait to see what comes of it..:)

Right on, Jack! nice job!
@ Sour Power didn´t know that I actually have never used MH I ´ll try on the next ride and see how it goes,
Thanks for the advice, mate!
Cheers
F.

I usually use 1/2 MH 1/2 HPS, but these are under hps only.
i have some 1kw hortilux blues, but i dont like them in the 6 inch tubes.
going to get the dual arc bulbs soon to replace these.
600 hps and 400 MH blue, all in a small bulb.

thats sounds great bro..im currently running 2 1000s but im about to switch to either 4 600 or 6 600 just havent made my mind up yet:)

Jack what exactly are you feeding your plants? If you can break it down to an elemental ppm, that'd be even greater.

Your plants are showing signs of Magnesium deficiency atm. You may want to up your Magnesium in your feeding schedule.

well, i wasnt feeding them anything until very recently.
ive been thinning the potting mix down with 50% perlite,
i think it comes with something in it, they normally dont need food for almost a month.
since thinning the mix down, they have been getting more issues, so ive figured its deficiencies of some sort.

i use ro water, so thats the main cause.
i add calmag to the nutrient reservoir,
but water the seedlings and young plants with the ro water.

Back