MNS vs. SENSI NL5 HAZE GROW

hello

I thought its time to get this underway.

10 Sensi Seeds NL5 x HAZE (purchased sep '10)

10 MNS NL5 x HAZE (purchased nov "11)

Placed in a cup of water to soak on 2-14-12

2-14-12weedpics002.jpg

2-14-12weedpics003.jpg

About time jack, lol

Looking forward to the progress, for some reason I have feeling what plants are going to smoke best.

Best Regards

sXi

this should be interesting. Im glad u decided to post this and good luck on the grow. how many seeds did u get in MNS pack? does Sensi only have 10?

sensi seeds were a pack of 10.
half of the seeds were small and light brown, half were bigger and a little striping.

mns pack i got was 20 seeds, all of them an even, small size. lite brown color with no tiger stripes.

I almost dont want to waste my time with sensi's gear, but i might as well see what i get. you never know. i will judge them fairly.

It is interesting that if the sensi seeds are legit, it is the original nl5 used.
and mns nl5 haze will have a different nl5 used.

hopefully sensi's are f1's with the haze c as the father. thats what i paid for anyways...
i hope they surprise me.

im not sure how exactly i will go through them.
i dont want to put everything in 5 gallon hydro buckets,
too much difference in flowering times will make it hard to deal with.
until i get a feel for each plant i will hold off on that.

i dont really like my results in 5x5 square pots of potting mix(dirt).
i feel the hydro plant finish quicker, so i dont learn an acurate enough harvest time.
The quality is definately less in dirt, so i dont want to judge a plant overall based on that.
the only use it may be is distinguishing differences between plants, which is a good bit of knowledge to gain.

im contemplating creating a new hydro setup for small plants, testers.
id like to make it so any plant could switch from food to plain water very easily and independant of what other plants are doing.
ill have to think on it a bit, if anyone has suggestions...

im thinking some pvc fitting or tube setup, all i can think is it would need 4 valves for each plant site to switch food and water feeding and food and water draining back to the proper reservoir. this may get too complicated. hmmm

In first page!

I can't wait to see this. Best of luck to you Jack ... sick! :)

Question: The MNS NL5 is Shanti's new version if I am correct. I bet it's fire!

I am curious, if the current Sensi is offering the original, is it hazeA or hazeC ... i've been wondering this one for a while.

I have heard the quality of sensi has gone down over the years but i don't really have experience enough to comment. I recently sampled a few nugs of a seed a british fellow grew. He got a single fem'd sensi nl5 for like $40 in 2009 or 2010 or something. It's great, really nice. However the nugs are huge, not sure if this supports their claim or not. Fortunately you I presume have regular not femmed.

I bet shanti or nevil or many folks here could shine light once they see them growing.

Good luck with them, I'm totally interested. I know shanti's stuff will be fire and there's hope for the sensi stuff too.

Its been about 45 hours since placing them in the cups of water.
almost all of the mns has split open with a little root starting.

no activity from the sensi yet...

Its been about 45 hours since placing them in the cups of water.
almost all of the mns has split open with a little root starting.

no activity from the sensi yet...

I can hardly wait to watch this one ... I ran a pack of sensi nl5/haze way long time ago when I first got into basement growing and it was the worst shit. I didn't know any better, so I cloned it for several generations until it finally dawned on me how much I hated the smoke and I threw it away. I bet MNS will kill bill on this one.

very interested in this grow

had an amazing sensi nl5haze mother years ago around 2000 and am interested to see the diferences between both companys,id be beting on mr nice if i was a gambler

lets hope the nl5haze from sensi pop

peace

LOL you all are soo funny ... i love your comments

Let's hope they pop lol

I finally threw it away lol

awesome ... and yeah everyone i know that has cracked mns beans, and they all do ... all say the same thing .. the mns beans crack open ultra fast ... and that's for pretty much every strain ... good work shanti nev and everyone!

and yeah well even if sensi won this little "grow battle" .. it only means shanti and nevi's old haze beat their new one lol

technically mns has already won this one haha

I heard rumors of Nevil saying that the new NL that shanti selected for the nl5haze is actually better than the old one. So even if sensi has the official original old cut ... in all truth, the new nl5haze from shanti could be better than any ever before!

thats the truth.

either way, Jack, is it cool if i come over and sleep in your garden until all of this nl5haze is done? :D YAY!

I will compare your Sensis with mine. Hope you don't have the same crap I pulled out of my packs. Hashplant and G13Hashplant. First of all, there is no Hashplant in them and second, both strains grew exactly the same. And I know the "old" Sensi HP, I grew it 2 rounds and lost it. But stopped to look for it in the new seeds after this 400 bucks desaster.

oh boy, i know just what you went through, i tried their mr nice, g13/hashplant, 2 out of the 8 females were decent but not what i paid almost 400 bucks for. the rest were GARBAGE!

im not expecting much from there seeds, but you never know.
one seed has finally popped for sensi's
all of mns are popped, either plant them today or tommorrow.

somehow, i only put 9 seeds in the mns cup.
dont know how i screwed that up, but im sure ill have more plants from mns anyways.

i got an awesome jack herer in 99-00 and it was the only seed to sprout. bad germination but amazing quality. lets hope the same happens here.

Does anybody know if sensi or greenhouse have the actual HzC male?

Sensi claims they have the original ... I think they are referring to "original" meaning original "C"

Greenhouse has "haze-mist" .. who knows what it is but it's probably pretty good as everything they robbed from Nevil and Shanti is pretty good ... just being honest.

Shanti has said that yes Sensi did have the genetics at some point. They may have them still now. As shanti pointed out, it takes many many backup cuts to keep a strain in existence, the chance is also very good that they lost the original cut.

Only sensi knows. This grow might tell a good deal.

The thing about originals though is this... if you're getting seed made from originals for example nl5c f1's or the new nl5hazec f1's ... regardless of how good the infamous cut is ... that cut is only that good partially because of the genetics ... most has to do with selection.

The reason NL5 A and C are really so good is because they were picked out of hundreds of plants ... It's a two-fold process to obtain the strain of your dreams.

1) Good genetics
2) Selection.

Even if Sensi has the original cut ... suppose you had 10 sensi seeds and 1000 mns new nl5hazec seeds ... chances are the person that grows out the largest #'s and does the best selection will wind up with the better cut no matter which breeder it is from

Thats why it's best to get reputable genetics nd just start popping and selecting.

We know with MNS gear and a little selection ... winners are guaranteed.

thanks for the tip sensi,
that might not be too hard to arrange.
as long as i make each plant moveable.
and have 2 pumps, one for food and one for plain water,
i could make it so each row of pvc will be fed either food or water.
i wont be able to take care of each plant individually, but i can have small groups that can start getting flushed while others are still feeding, and that is my main goal.

thanks for the kind words guys, and the input.

well, i planted 8 out of the 9 MNS seeds. all 8 had about 5mm taproot coming out, planted them just like that.
i planted 5 out of 10 of the sensi seeds. they didnt have a taproot coming out, but the shell had popped open. i didnt want them to drown or something from staying in the water too long, so i carefully removed the shell halves and planted them.

i refreshed the water and will let the remaining 1 MNS and 5 sensi seeds soak for another 4 days, then i will remove any shells and plant the embryo's.

Use heat. Put those beans on top of a television/cable box ... add a little warm water to them

heat often will get those stubborn buggars,

i peeled off the shells to the remaining 5 Sensi and 1 MNS.
left them sit in the cup of water for one more day, i will plant them tomorrow.

good news is that 7 of 8 MNS are popping above the surface of the dirt.

4 of 5 Sensi are right there at the surface, i think they will make it.
4 of those 5 were the small seeds, 1 big one (dont know which.)
4 of 5 unplanted seeds are big, so i separted the small one and i will see if i can notice any differences in the plants from big seeds or small.

from my experience, haze seeds seem smaller.
maybe the bigger seeds will be nl5 dominate.

Back