Mns strains and smells to expect

Islandgrower

2021 COE Winner
As the thread title suggests I am looking for information on the smells and aromas associated with particular strains.
I think communally we have pretty much grown every strain on the list so compiling a list should not be too difficult together.

Hello everybody,
since i am new to this forum, i dont really know whether it is worth opening a new thread for my question so i put it here, as the topic is quite related. So when i was younger, in the 2000s there used to be a weed sold in the maastricht coffeeshops that tasted like incense (the stuff the pastor burns in church). That weed was sold as mexican haze and was rather rare. Since then i never founda a weed that was similar as the hazes became more and more fruity like the amnesia. Also at one point they wouldnt let foreigners enter the coffeeshops anymore, so i was left with street weed for a long time. Now i wonder which strain could this be and where can i find it? Was it really mexican or was it only advertised as such? Does any of the mr nice strains smell/taste similar?

Hello everybody,
since i am new to this forum, i dont really know whether it is worth opening a new thread for my question so i put it here, as the topic is quite related. So when i was younger, in the 2000s there used to be a weed sold in the maastricht coffeeshops that tasted like incense (the stuff the pastor burns in church). That weed was sold as mexican haze and was rather rare. Since then i never founda a weed that was similar as the hazes became more and more fruity like the amnesia. Also at one point they wouldnt let foreigners enter the coffeeshops anymore, so i was left with street weed for a long time. Now i wonder which strain could this be and where can i find it? Was it really mexican or was it only advertised as such? Does any of the mr nice strains smell/taste similar?
Hi,

HazeA is said to carry this frankincense smell.
So I'd look it into hybrids containing hazeA: the whole rock'n roll serie (especially the doors), Neville's haze, mango haze or Neville's haze mango or even angel breath.

Hello everybody,

Dj_Greenhouse, welcome to the forum and you sound like another Belgian to me... lol
Thanks for bringing up some Maastricht coffeeshop memories.. Heaven 69 was my favourite (to start the day, not so much for the weed but more for the atmosphere, the good food and the Heaven's Angels :) ), then Kosbor (to get KO'd by their superb stuff) and Smoky (to end the day on the boat, bong paradise :) ).

(the stuff the pastor burns in church)

Best description of frankincense so far :)

Hi,

HazeA is said to carry this frankincense smell.
So I'd look it into hybrids containing hazeA: the whole rock'n roll serie (especially the doors), Neville's haze, mango haze or Neville's haze mango or even angel breath.

are you sure it's the haze a in the mango haze i thinking was the c the dominan father ?

sorry i do a reasearch you are right

Male:Haze A (Haze x Haze) x Skunk #1; Female: NL5 x Haze C (Haze x Haze)

i thinking was the opposite o_O

Dj_Greenhouse, welcome to the forum and you sound like another Belgian to me... lol
Thanks for bringing up some Maastricht coffeeshop memories.. Heaven 69 was my favourite (to start the day, not so much for the weed but more for the atmosphere, the good food and the Heaven's Angels :) ), then Kosbor (to get KO'd by their superb stuff) and Smoky (to end the day on the boat, bong paradise :) ).

Best description of frankincense so far :)
Hi High-mish,
not belgian, from luxembourg ✌️
Yeah heaven 69 was legend, especially in summer when the backyard terrace was open. My favorite in terms of weed quality were easy going, black widow and kosbor of course 😍 That were good times... I hated the way home though with the fear of being caught 😬

Hi High-mish,
not belgian, from luxembourg ✌️
Yeah heaven 69 was legend, especially in summer when the backyard terrace was open. My favorite in terms of weed quality were easy going, black widow and kosbor of course 😍 That were good times... I hated the way home though with the fear of being caught 😬

Nice1! Is the legalization process still on track over there? I read that the first dispensaries would open this year but only for LUX residents..

Yeah!! The open terrace with a deejay behind the decks most of the time. If I remember well, they once won the prize for best coffeeshop in the entire country. They sometimes had (private) parties after closing time. One of the bud tenders was a roommate of a friend so I was lucky to get invited once in a while. Those golden times in Maastricht, where you met more Germans and French than Dutch lol. When they started banning non-Dutch citizens, the local economy suffered from it and the 'problems' didn't get solved. You started having these 'runners' near every coffeeshop. You gave them 5€ and they'd enter the shop for you. More than once they took the 5€ and we only got 4g instead of 5g. Well-paid job these guys had :D

Once again welcome and enjoy your stay.

Nice1! Is the legalization process still on track over there? I read that the first dispensaries would open this year but only for LUX residents..

Yeah!! The open terrace with a deejay behind the decks most of the time. If I remember well, they once won the prize for best coffeeshop in the entire country. They sometimes had (private) parties after closing time. One of the bud tenders was a roommate of a friend so I was lucky to get invited once in a while. Those golden times in Maastricht, where you met more Germans and French than Dutch lol. When they started banning non-Dutch citizens, the local economy suffered from it and the 'problems' didn't get solved. You started having these 'runners' near every coffeeshop. You gave them 5€ and they'd enter the shop for you. More than once they took the 5€ and we only got 4g instead of 5g. Well-paid job these guys had :D

Once again welcome and enjoy your stay.
Unfortunately i never had the luck of being at a party there. . . Damn so they charged 5 euros and took a gram for themselves.. . That makes the weed even more expensive than it was already. Me for my part i got some good connection where i bought weed for 5€per gram. I was living in aachen back then. It was good weed but the only downside was that you never knew the cultivar... It was either haze or standard.

I m not sure about the legalisation process in luxembourg cause i m currently living abroad doing a phd in plant sciences 😁 however i think the process came to a halt because of fucking corona. Last thing i heared was they wanted to restrict the amount to 30g per person per month and only for residents, the production should be exclusively done in luxembourg under the control of the state and home growing will stay prohibited for whatever reason, dont ask me why 🤷‍♂️...

Unfortunately i never had the luck of being at a party there. . . Damn so they charged 5 euros and took a gram for themselves.. . That makes the weed even more expensive than it was already. Me for my part i got some good connection where i bought weed for 5€per gram. I was living in aachen back then. It was good weed but the only downside was that you never knew the cultivar... It was either haze or standard.

I m not sure about the legalisation process in luxembourg cause i m currently living abroad doing a phd in plant sciences 😁 however i think the process came to a halt because of fucking corona. Last thing i heared was they wanted to restrict the amount to 30g per person per month and only for residents, the production should be exclusively done in luxembourg under the control of the state and home growing will stay prohibited for whatever reason, dont ask me why 🤷‍♂️...
Money

Back