Medicines for C virus....

Aloha!

While people are dying from a virus. Most may not be dying from Covid-19 specifically. As I understand it, testing is questionable because they do not have a specific, isolated "gold standard" strain of Covid-19 to compare to and the PCR way of testing is not reliable.

Mu

Many people die from the reaction to Covid-19 after the virus is in decline. It triggers a massive immunity response that does people in. Similar to post-viral asthma, but way more of a response. If they are one of the 10% that get really sick and require hospitalization they tend to have severe flu-like symptoms, then recover for a few days, then go into reaction mode. So you can die from the virus, or from the immune reaction to the virus. Also the virus attacks different organs and there are a wide variety of symptoms in different people. Some get huge swollen toes from it. Some lose their sense of smell or taste. Some get heart damage. Most get lung damage and respitory complications. Some recover completely, some never recover. And a large percentage of people get few if any symptoms at all, or light symptoms. I know one woman that was sick for weeks but is now fully recovered.

Well, the Wahun Coronavirus panic is on here. I call it that as that is the traditional way to call a virus a name, by its first outbreak location. The Chinese hate this and are trying to change the name to something else. They are also dealing with it in a really really bad way; to crowd people into makeshift hospitals, and thus exposing more people to it. They are also labeling ~anyone~ that dies of any respiratory illness as caused by Coronavirus, and they are not testing people for it if they die. So the statistics are way way skewed.

Several take-aways from what I have seen on the news and seen locally here. The media is fanning the panic flames and creating a panic far beyond reality. Locally they are sold out of face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, alcohol, bleach and disinfectant, guns, ammo, toilet paper and water. The last two are the most amusing. We have a secure water supply here in this area and this is not a water borne epidemic like cholera. But people are hoarding bottled water anyway. Also they are hoarding toilet paper like mad. I saw a woman at WalMart yesterday buying 2 full carts of TP. I asked her why. She said because they will run out of it. I said go to WinCo and they have an entire isle full of TP and a truck parked outside full of it. Did not phase her. She said she would go there and buy even more. Apparently people are filling their garages here with TP. Dunno why. Coronavirus is a chest infection, not a GI tract infection.

So we are at the point where people are making decisions based on pure fear and nothing else. Trump suspended travel to the US from Europe. The Oregon governor banned all outdoor sports activities today. The NBA is suspending all games. The stock market sold off another 10% today. Another correction in one day. Apparently the world is coming to an end. News at 11... we will all die! Except... we will not all die. It has also become highly politicized here, with left vs right on how to deal with it. Conspiracy theories are rampant. China is blaming the US for it now. South Korea is blaming South America for it. It is always someone else's sinister plot! If you look at the statistics, 4 out of 5 people that get Wuhan Cornoavirus have mild or no symptoms. Tom Hanks and his wife are typical. They feel run down and mildly symptomatic. But they will live. But the headline news says, "Can Tom pull through fatal virus?" Most people will. The average age of fatalities from Cornoavirus is 82 years of age in Washington State. That is because like on cruise ships, Coronavirus spreads easily in crammed quarters and is hard on the elderly with compromised immune systems.

I was on the Ski Patrol here for many years and I hold an OEC card (outdoor emergency care, equivalent to an EMT II). I have been trained in BSI (body substance isolation). I have been to many medical briefings regarding protecting ourselves from regular flu virus every year. In general, the main ways that virus spreads is through physical contact. Like 90%. You touch a surface or someone that is infected, and then touch your face and you become infected. Only 10% is through the air in droplets. So the best defense is to wear gloves and/or use 60% alcohol or better hand sanitizer and wash your hands with soap and water often. Note that hand sanitizer does NOT work for NoroVirus, a GI tract virus that is also common on cruise ships and in nursing homes. But for Coronavirus it does, and hand washing works for Coronavirus and NoroVirus. These precautions also work for the common cold and flu. If you fear the spread by coughing or sneezing people, wear a face mask that is rated N-95 or better, and make sure that it has a good fit. I see people on the news all the time with flimsy face masks, or masks that are not covering their nose. They may as well be wearing nothing. Also wear eye protection. Wearing only a mask leaves your eyes exposed. Use wrap around safety glasses to keep potential spray out of your eyes.

Me? I wear gloves, a face mask and eye protection in public. I live out in the boonies and I only go into town to shop once a week. When I do, I glove up and wear an N-95 mask and safety glasses. Last week people stopped to ask me where to get face masks. I said sorry, they are SOLD OUT in the entire state. I bought to boxes on them 2 years ago for the heavy smoke from forest fires here that summer. Gloves were available here until last week. Now they are all gone. Now more people here are wearing masks, but still no eye protection. Few if any wear gloves. Those touch screens in stores and on ATMs? They are the worst places to touch. So are shopping carts, but most stores have alcohol wipes for them here now. WinCo always had them. People yesterday were cleaning sopping carts like mad.

Some of the stuff you posted is straight bs..it takes 30 minites for 70% alcohol hand sanit. To kill the virus....bleach at 10% 15 minutes. Quartenary sanitizers will not repeat will not kill it!! Peroxide is our best deffense period. No bs!! As for washing hands you cant get it all.
It can live on faeces for 36+ hours can survive in sewage indefinetly for long periods. N95 masks are only 95% for the first 30 minutes then degrade fairly fast after that(exponentially) after a certain time period (im talking a long time either) im talking after a few hours if you're sweating alot they degrade way faster. Lol

Gloves? Masks? Craziness!! Unless you or people you are close to have a preexisting condition. The mask eill increase co/co2 levels. Not good if you smoke!

It started in china? Lmfao....biggest bunch of conspiracy shite!! It was definetly made in a lab...i know a person who owned a restaurant. This person told me she feels as if its all a set up to a cashless system..i completely agree! She was pressured into setting up cashless payments back in January....she heard other owners talk of the cashless set up as well...

Conspiracies??? They found sars cov 2 which causes covid 19 in sewage samples in march of 2019!!!...test for this virus?? Wait they said they didnt have a test for this virus? How csn they find it in sewage a whole year beforehand?? Why does it have HIV's E gene?? Its funny!! I love a great crisis and how they'll never let it go to waste....especially when they created it

Last edited:
Aloha!

While people are dying from a virus. Most may not be dying from Covid-19 specifically. As I understand it, testing is questionable because they do not have a specific, isolated "gold standard" strain of Covid-19 to compare to and the PCR way of testing is not reliable.

Mu
The way i understand it. You need to find and isolate the RNA of the virus to be able to test for it. Im sure it was made in a lab with other viruses genes edited in to its own dna.

That would explain the difficulty of obtaining a proper test for sars-cov-2. Which has been around since 2002. Funny been here since 2002 and no proper test for it.

Cdc makes half of its budget from vaccines!! Wtf? Random bit of knowledge...

Even funnier yet is theres a Dr willing to pay anyone 5,000 $'s if they can prove this disease is real...lmfao...if you think its real...well then by all mesnsnprove it and get paid

Some of the stuff you posted is straight bs..it takes 30 minites for 70% alcohol hand sanit. To kill the virus....bleach at 10% 15 minutes. Quartenary sanitizers will not repeat will not kill it!! Peroxide is our best deffense period. No bs!! As for washing hands you cant get it all.
It can live on faeces for 36+ hours can survive in sewage indefinetly for long periods. N95 masks are only 95% for the first 30 minutes then degrade fairly fast after that(exponentially) after a certain time period (im talking a long time either) im talking after a few hours if you're sweating alot they degrade way faster. Lol

Gloves? Masks? Craziness!! Unless you or people you are close to have a preexisting condition. The mask eill increase co/co2 levels. Not good if you smoke!

It started in china? Lmfao....biggest bunch of conspiracy shite!! It was definetly made in a lab...i know a person who owned a restaurant. This person told me she feels as if its all a set up to a cashless system..i completely agree! She was pressured into setting up cashless payments back in January....she heard other owners talk of the cashless set up as well...

Conspiracies??? They found sars cov 2 which causes covid 19 in sewage samples in march of 2019!!!...test for this virus?? Wait they said they didnt have a test for this virus? How csn they find it in sewage a whole year beforehand?? Why does it have HIV's E gene?? Its funny!! I love a great crisis and how they'll never let it go to waste....especially when they created it

You need to smoke better weed, dude. Really. The infamous "They" created it? Talk about conspiracies. Talk down masks and gloves all you want. You obviously do not have a clue. I get my information from the informed medical community, not hysterical posts like yours. It started in China, yes. Wuhan to be exact. In a wet market or a biomedical weapons lab. Either way, it is here to stay. As for wearing masks and gloves and face shields? THEY ARE EFFECTIVE. Do not belive me? I do not care. For others that want to be more enlightened, and reduce their risk of exposure and lessen the effects if they are exposed.... I recommend this video posted on YouTube by the University of California Department of Medicine at San Fransisco. Yes, I know that Medicine/Science + Politics = Politics. But if you want to know the science behind it... watch this, by real world medical experts in the field of virus transmission. (oh no, they are the same "they" that created the virus! Not...)

If you want the Cliff Notes: Covid-19 virus receptors are in your eyes, nose and mouth, as well as your lungs. Exposure to lower doses of this virus reduce the chance of your having a serious infection and death than higher doses. This is a well established fact with these types of virus. Thus masks, gloves, eye wear and face shields are all effective in reducing exposure to Covid-19 and will most likely lead to more mild or asymptomatic cases if you are exposed. Masks reduce both the virus being shed by asymptomatic cases, and they reduce your chances of contracting the virus and/or getting a larger dose of virus causing more severe symptoms. N-95 masks reduce your exposure rate up to 90% of breathing in virus. Cloth and common surgical masks reduce exposure up to about 60%. Face shields and eye protection also reduce virus exposure, but the percentages are not as yet known as to the rate of reduction. They do not recommend using face masks with one way valves. Eye protection is recommended along with washing hands and/or wearing gloves both of which will almost always reduce your exposure to any virus. There is debate as to the main cause of transmission, but it is believed through comparisons with other virus and bacterial diseases that the main spread is through direct contact with droplets in the air and contact with surfaces through your hands and subsequent contact with your hands to your face. As for virus longevity on surfaces and in the air, that has yet to be nailed down. But the tests that they use for that now do not differentiate between non-infections virus parts and viable virus that can cause infection. Oh, and an increase to about 40% of cases seen now are asymptomatic. Death rates are coming down in part from more people wearing masks and in part from better medical care. Believe it or not!

Last edited:
Also as an aside, a vaccine is being developed on several fronts by several companies (3 main ones) and in several phase I, II and III double blind tests. They anticipate that Covid-19 vaccines will become available in early 2021. I am sure that the anti-vaxers will claim that it is a hoax as well. Such is politics and human beliefs. In the meantime wear a mask, eyewear and wash your hands often and/or wear gloves, and reduce your chances of death or a bad infection from ANY virus or bacteria. Not just Covid-19. Or you can believe this joker... that its all a conspiracy!

So some good new news on the Covid-19 virus from my old landlord who works at Pacific Seafood here in Oregon. Pacific Seafood mandated that all employees wear masks at work. So after testing the employees for virus and reviewing their symptoms... drumroll, Anton... Of the employees at the plant that were tested, about 1/3 tested positive for the virus, and of those, 95% were asymptomatic. Let me repeat: 95% of tested employees that were positive for the virus were asymptomatic. This has also been shown in other places as well, like on cruise ships where the virus broke out and everyone was required to wear face masks. High percentages of people were positive for the virus and shedding virus, but few had signs of the virus or any symptoms at all. Meaning? That low dose exposure to this Covid-19 virus leads to little or no symptoms in most people. And the simple way to prevent high dose exposure from people infected and create low dose exposure to people not infected is to wear face masks. I mentioned this fact in my post from UCSF above.

In effect, if you are exposed to low doses of live virus and your immune system will be able to deal with the virus and you will create antibodies to it, and you will not show any symptoms of the virus, or you will have mild symptoms to the virus. You will also very likely avoid severe symptoms and any need for hospital care or ventilation. However, note that you will shed virus for some time after being infected, so during that time you can give someone else a high dose of the virus and cause them to have a severe symptoms. So please, do yourself and others a favor, and wear a face mask, eh?

Last edited:
Another POV-

Far-fetched conspiracy?
The links within this article may shed light on contrived anomolies or reveal the workings of a timed event.

The data is:
As explained in my earlier post, PCR testing is scientifically meaningless. Testing does not reflect severity of disease, actual deaths do.
There is bias in reporting deaths as institutions are financially incentivized to report with bias.
Currently there are 198k deaths in US of population 330 million = .001
Current deaths in Oregon are 500 in State population 4.3 million = .0001
HCQ is an effective treatment that is being downplayed to support more expensive, untried treatments including vaccines.

1599930896068.png

So why are we pushing the fear and agenda? Nothing to see here I'm sure.

🤙
Mu

Last edited:
China intentionally released it as a weapon.
It has proven wildly successful.
Prove me wrong.
The battle between the US and China has spilled out beyond control, to label it anything else is just playing semantics. It's a high level non-linear war where Everybody/Everything is collateral damage

One can't give China any credit for a unique invention here. Asad/Huoumeni used it against the Americans successfully, they've taken what works deployed it another way. SARS-CoV-2 is the human bomb 2.0. History is only repeating itself
  • CCP designed funded a human bomb "SARS-CoV-2"
  • China took back control of HK
  • US removes HK "special status"
  • US bans Huawei
  • US bans Byte-dance
  • POTUS Delists Chinese companies from NYSE
  • POTUS Lists HK exports "made in china"
I could go on but it's all in plain sight

This is a true inflection point in the world things will never be the same again.

Stay safe people

Amongst all this insanity, Earth is a insanely beautiful place to live. We must all do are bit too make it a liveable environment for future generations

Last edited:
Another POV-

Far-fetched conspiracy?
The links within this article may shed light on contrived anomolies or reveal the workings of a timed event.

🤙
Mu
Interesting Article, the mindspace section was touching isaiah berlins work of postive/negative liberty.

Unclear with the great reset section. The previous war for was oil. The current war for Data and everything else in the subset like surveillance between China and America - there is no slowing down the battle as it stands, who is backing down? We're all onlookers like the previous war, As your article states it displaced 37m people. did/could've anybody step in to stop.........

But we have a alternative, which i believe was the original idea behind the internet. The supernerds in Zug and Berlin have built Web3 technology which is working as i speak today.

I believe this is the great reset we have and the only one (as of today)

Unless you propose the current war between the us and china is for another reason unbeknown to me?

PS - not intentionally turning this into a political thread, but want to stretch my own thinking, whilst keeping it civil here

How long do you think I will have immunity after getting over it?

They say at least 5 years. The T and B cells are both activated against it. Even if you are completely asymptomatic. Likely this virus will become extinct in less than 5 years from herd immunity. But if you are exposed to low doses of *ANY* virus, you can beat it without having any symptoms. In Australia they are reporting record low cases of colds and the seasonal flu there this year. Meaning that the Covid-19 protocols are also working against the more common types of Infleunza and Rhinovirus.

Well, from my military/defense background and perspective on China and the US... this 'war' has been building up for decades. Since Mao took over China, really. We were allies with Nationalist China during WWII. We remain allies with Taiwan to this day, and we have a defense pact with them. When I was at General Dynamics in San Diego I worked on the F-16 K and F-16-T for Korea and Taiwan. I also worked on the F-16-J for Japan, but they cancelled the program after only a few months time. So I left GD and went to the Silicon Valley to work for Intergraph on the NAVAIR program, and then on to do chip designs at the old Fairchild facility that Intergraph bought out. Anyway, they have been armed to the teeth in Asia for decades now.

IMO: and war with Chain would be over in about 6 hours, tops. The Chinese have been spreading mis-information about their capability through the likes of the NY Times and other US media outlets. In reality they have no navy to speak of. They have one small half size aircraft carrier made from a hull that they bought from the Russians decades ago. They have some destroyers and light ships, and zero experience using them in a wartime scenario. Their sub fleet is not even on par with India, and nowhere near the US. The Chinese airforce is a joke. Their so called 5th generation fighter is at best a 4th generation fighter on par with the F-16, F-15 and F/A-18. They are also far outnumbered by US, Australia, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan 4th and 5th generation fighter jets. They are no match for either the F-22 (which I also worked on at GD) or the F-35. China also has no real missile defense system. That is because they pissed off the Russians and Russia scrubbed sending them the latest anti-missile systems. Russia is also not likely to support China in any war with the US or our allies. For one because the Chinese are demanding that parts of Russia belong to China and pissing off Putin. Also if the Democrat Parety claims are correct (IMO, pure bullshit), Trump is a puppet of Putin, so why would he back China against him? Unlikely. Russia has no dog in the China US fight, really.

Also this is not a US-Sino war building up. This is a China against the rest of the world war building up, save for Pakistan, Iran, North Korea and maybe Venezuela. If you care to read something other than the liberal news outside of the US, China is actively engaging in war with India over the northern territory. First it was fists, now it is bullets. India is rather well armed, they have nuclear warheads on cruise missiles, a large tank land force and a reasonable size navy. They also have a very capable airforce and 4th generation fighter jets. India is also buying a complete F-16 fighter jet assembly line from the US and they will start building them there, like the South Koreans did in the 1990s. India also has a massive well trained army. Yet China keeps pressing for war with India on a daily basis... China is also actively picking fights with Japan, stoking old hatred left over from WWII. The dispute is over the South China Sea and several Islands located between Japan and China. As a result of this, Japan for the first time since WWII is actively arming itself in an offensive military posture. They have ordered 105 F-35 fighter jets from the US. That is more 5th generation fighter jets than China has. In the meantime the Japan F-15 fighter force is being upgraded by Boeing and Mitsubishi. The F-15 is one of the most, if not the most capable 4th generation combat fighter aircraft in the world. Then there is Australia. China is actively pissing off the Aussies with all kinds of embargoes, tariffs and slams in the media. As a result, Australia is also taking an active military stance against China and increasing its air, land and sea defenses. As a group, India, Japan, Australia and the US are re-activating the QUAD alliance against China. A such, there is simply no way that China can take on all four nations in a war on multiple fronts.

China has also slammed the UK by ignoring the HK treaty, and as such the UK is taking an active stance with the US, Japan, India and Australia againt China now. Also France has sent a carrier fleet to the South China sea in support of the alliance against China. Then there is South Korea, which is heavily armed against North Korea and China. South Korea has taken a more subtle approach to China, as China is their largest trading partner. However, Taiwan is another story. Taiwan is armed to the teeth. China would be insane to attack Taiwan, but they are threatenting to do so pretty much on a daily basis. Then there is the 9 dash line extension that China claims as its own, taking the entire South China Sea for itself, and building islands or buying up islands in the South Pacific to build military bases on. And all of this is on top of China's invasion of Tibet and Xinjiang in the 1950s after the Chinese Revolution, and the annexation of inner Mongolia. They are now also claiming northern India, Northern Pakistan, Turkmenistan, and even Manchuria (part of Russia). So for whatever reason, China is spoiling for war with the rest of the world. It is not just Trump and the US. They also have disputes with Philippines, VietNam, Thailand, and even North Korea, and they have all been having skirmishes with the Chinese navy or air force this year. There are also building iussues between China and Canada, China threatenting parts of Europe, and even between China and Brazil. Then of course there is the crack down by China in Hong Kong. And lets not forget Covid-19. And meanwhile China has had record flooding and they will be facing a massive famine in the near future. They will badly need US food products. There are also internal political feuds going in between loyal factions of the CCP. So who knows what will come of the multiple wars with china, trade or military.

Last edited:
As for Covid-19... as said by several doctors that I have talked to about this, when medicine and politics mix, it becomes politicized and the medicine become dominated by politics. So there is no separating them now. There are currently over 150 separate Covid 19 vaccines being developed worldwide. In the US, three Covid-19 vaccines are in phase-3 testing. Russia is ahead of the rest of us, but their vaccine is based on benign human tract viruses that most humans may be immune to already, making that vaccine less effective. Two of the phase-3 US vaccines are RNA based vaccines, which will likely have higher undesirable side effects. The RNA vaccines also require really cold freezing temperatures for storage and thus they are only good for 2 days after thawing. The third US phase-3 trial is based on a benign Chimpanzee tract virus that humans are not immune to, so it will likely be more effective and it has fewer side effects than RNA vaccines. Thus herd immunity will build up fast once the vaccines are deployed. It is already building up fast with people that are infected and recover, or are not affected adversely or are completely asymptomatic. All of these groups are shown to develop antibodies to the virus that will last at least a year, and more likely 3 years or more. Also as noted, wearing face masks, glasses and washing your hands will all lower any initial dose of the virus. The lower the initial virus dose, the less will be your symptoms caused by this virus. Or any other virus, for that matter. Low initial virus exposure results in fewer and less severe symptoms. This has been known for over a century and is being shown in places where masks and distancing were implemented early in virus outbreak cycle in areas like food packing plants and on cruise ships.

So at least one of the vaccines may be available as early as October. This is in an amazing timeframe, really. It typically takes 10-15 years to develop an antivirus vaccine. This one will be done in 10-15 months. Of course any vaccine will also be politicized, as to who get the first doses. All of these are two dose vaccines, meaning any number of total vaccine made available will have to be cut in half for getting 2 injections. Critical are first responders and medical staff. Then the military, especially the Navy. Then the elderly and immune compromised. Then there will be great debate as to who gets it next. Again, there is no getting away from politics with this virus. Many countries like Russia and China are even vaccinating people before they are being fully tested. Some are volunteers, some are not.

Here are some of the most promising vaccines being developed and tested globally:

In the end? NYC will go back to normal. There have been pandemics there for centuries, my own ancestors living there included. Yellow Fever, Typhus, Cholera, Influenza, yadd yadda. The US will revert to a more normal lifestyle. People will forget the great pandemic of 2020. If there is war with China, it will be over with fast. That would be great really. We could instill a nationalist government and toss the CCP in the sewer. Otherwise the military buildup will continue, and there will be an eventual war with China at some point. I see no avoiding it. Unless they have an internal meltdown like the USSR did. I believe that all the posturing by Xi is an attempt to keep a lid on China and keep the CCP in power. Globally the BLM will fade out as the pandemic eases. There have been hundreds of race riots in the US since 1700. So this era too shall pass.

Another update: recent medical observations on Covid-19 cases in Israel, Indonesia, Chicago, Spain and Israel indicate that people that have low levels of Vitamin D are upward of 2x as likely to have more complications when contracting Covid-19 than people with higher levels of vitamin D. In one hospital study all the cases that went into the ICU with Covid-19 had low levels of vitamin D, and none of the cases admitted with higher levels of vitamin D went into the ICU. It has not been proven with double blind testing, but there is strong evidence that Vitamin D helps to control and regulate reactions to all types of viral respiratory infections. Not just Covid-19, all types of colds and viral upper respiratory infections.

So... to better combat Covid-19 it it has become protocol at some hospitals to test Covid-19 cases for Vitamin D and if the blood levels are low to infuse them with high doses of Vitamin D. Also many doctors are now recommending that people take regular doses of vitamin D supplements to improve your outcome of being infected with any type of respiratory viral infection. This process takes time however, It takes about a week for your liver and kidneys to convert vitamin D3 supplements into a usable form of vitamin D to combat viral infections. Of course you can also sit in the sun for about 20 minutes a day and your skin will make lots of Vitamin D.

Vitamin D deficiency may also explain why blacks, native American Indians and Hispanics are more prone to get Covid-19, as dark skin takes longer to make vitamin D from ultra violet light in the sun. Some tests of blacks and Native Americans show that they are 1.4x to 1.6x more apt to be low in vitamin D than whites. Also Vitamin D deficiency may also explain why people get the flu and colds more in winter months than in summer. In summer levels of vitamin D are much higher in humans than in winter due to sunlight exposure.

So wear a mask to reduce your risk of viral exposure, and take vitamin D supplements or sunbathe to reduce your risk of complications if you do contact a respiratory virus. These work for all respiratory virus, not just Covid-19.

"there is strong evidence that Vitamin D helps to control and regulate reactions to all types of viral respiratory infections."

Hello Big Sur!

Thanks for the informative post. 11 years ago my Dr. suggested that I take a Vitamin D3 supplement for a number of reasons. Two of them were:
1) Aids Lung Function
2) Reduces Your Flu Risk

So much research has been done on Vitamin D3 that a simple web search will tell you these things are true and it comes with supporting scientific documentation. If you decide to take a supplement(of anything) know that supplements are not under FDA regulatory control so you could by a fake product. Look for any supplement with a 'USP'( United States Pharmacopeia) on the label. Who is 'USP?

"USP-designated ingredients meet or exceed standards of purity set by the United States Pharmacopeia making them the highest quality grade. Only prescription drugs are required to meet USP standards."
USP website: https://www.usp.org/reference-standards

Supplements do not have much regulatory control(scary thought), however, some supplement companies submit request to USP to have their product tested to show they have a high quality product. Most fail. USP does not accept company samples. They go to stores around the country and buy the product and test it. USP does not do randomized, double blind studies, over decades, with 10's of thousands of people.

They simply buy random containers of supplements from around the country and test them to see if they contain what the ingredient label says it contains. If the label is true, the product gets the USP 'stamp'. A Vitamin store will have many Vitamin D(3) products, buy one with a USP labels as most won't have the label. If a company refuses to have their product tested for purity should you buy their product? If anyone has more accurate or up to date information, please post it up. I am in the high risk group so I am looking for accurate and verifiable information.

Longball

Last edited:
nice write up as always @bigsur you have another military perspective which i was definitely not aware off. I did hear about the sand islands in the south china sea. There letting making their presence felt that's for sure.

hope your doing ok with all the fires going on in the west coast ;-) thoughts are with you my man.

take care for now

Yeah, the fires have been raging out here. I am in the level one evacuation zone. I have an evacuation list and things ready to roll if they raise the level and say go. My cat will be unhappy, he hates the cat taxi and he will have to be cooped up at my brother's for the duration. This place will go up in a flash. I have been watering like mad though, getting the vegetation here as wet as possible. So we shall see. The Riverside fire is still 0% contained. The smoke is so thick here it is 500/500 on the hazardous air quality scale, and the worst possible. A mix of fog and smoke. I was at Home Depot here today and they had smoke layers inside the store. I cannot see the road from my driveway. I have 3 HEPA filters cranked up all the way so I can breathe. My brother found me the LAST 7500 watt generator available in his store chain this weekend. So if the power goes out here again I can weather that. I can run my well pump off of it. I lost power here for 2 days after the huge windstorm last Monday. I am still cleaning my property up after that as well. 70 MPH winds here for 10 hours did a lot of damage. And now the fires still roaring to the south and north of me.

BTW: these fires are NOT the result of GW, as is now a political firestorm. Fires have been raging here for hundreds of years. Its the result of the last 100 years of forest mismanagement causing them. I can cite dozens of examples and reasons why, and pass along what many hotshot crew, smoke jumpers and Air Cal pilots that I know have told me over the years. Its been like this since long before I was born here in the 1950s.

Also: The Media here has become a big problem with them patrolling fire zones looking for sensational stories to boradcast and leaking information that should not be released. Like shopwing people that their house has burned down before they can see for themselves. Several fire brigades here have also complained about the media getting in the way and trying to advance ahead of them on fire lines. Of course the media will not report this crap about themselves... the fuckers. The media is out of control here with the riots as well. Anything to get people to watch TV. News at 11...

Last edited:
So much research has been done on Vitamin D3 that a simple web search will tell you these things are true and it comes with supporting scientific documentation. If you decide to take a supplement(of anything) know that supplements are not under FDA regulatory control so you could by a fake product. Look for any supplement with a 'USP'( United States Pharmacopeia) on the label. Who is 'USP?

Yeah, I get better vitamins that are certified. I also had my vitamin D tested in my blood. Good levels. I wish I knew this years ago, especially when I lived in San Diego. I went from respiratory virus to respiratory virus down there for years. Partly because of the heavy smog, but mostly because of the exposure there to: Mexico, huge numbers of tourists, co-workers that always worked when they were sick, and huge universities. I rarely get sick here.

Odd too that the CDC, WHO and FDA and other medical regulatory entities do not recommend such a simple preventative. D3 is cheap as chips. I think I paid 1.3 cents each for the last bottle. They also have waffled over masks and other preventative measures. Also several studies have found that giving NORMAL amounts of hydroxychloroquine (normal being 200-300mg) to patients admitted to hospitals with Covid-19 had a 2-3x better outcome than those that did not. Yet it is not standard care and teh FDA is dragging its heels on allowing it to be used. The issue seems to be that doctors are stuck on the paradigm of double blind testing, which can take years to complete. The medical establishment is too slow to deal with these measures with rapidly moving diseases like Covid-19. Of course it is politicized to death, and thus becomes a third rail with the media and Washington DC. So they are too slow to accept the obvious when it comes to things like Vitamin D. Just like the use of Cannabis as a medicine.

Last edited:
Back