Mango Haze Inbred

It’s not dried yet. Smell on the live plant is kinda leathery. Very much like Colombians. Didn’t smell sweet at all. I’ll update once I try it.

Looks very nice CannaFish. Did you just do the one ? I was interested in knowing from your point view if you found most seed plants from the ibl version to carry the same scent profile as you describe ? Have fun with the beautiful fruits of your labor an if possible please try an get a picture for the thread of the finished article.

I only got 2 out of 9 germinating on my last MH IBL seeds. The other one was a nice male. I used him to to make more seeds with the female. I also crossed the mango haze male to bandaid haze7 and simply irresistible. Hopefully he passes the incense trait and haze high.

Attachments

• F1D2B9DD-0AB7-49F5-B807-3A9703E6B152.jpeg
    F1D2B9DD-0AB7-49F5-B807-3A9703E6B152.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 6CFE9207-07F8-400D-BB11-D043E36254B4.jpeg
    6CFE9207-07F8-400D-BB11-D043E36254B4.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 68
I only got 2 out of 9 germinating on my last MH IBL seeds. The other one was a nice male. I used him to to make more seeds with the female. I also crossed the mango haze male to bandaid haze7 and simply irresistible. Hopefully he passes the incense trait and haze high.

Thanks cannafish. I think that was a wise move in using that male. I know shanti baba has put in alot of work in some of the types, something I think he is very underappreciated for. I'd be really interested in knowing how the progeny come out for you when you get round to trying them out. The simply irresistible x mango ibl should be a interesting one to see, considering both parent types are based on the nl#5 x haze that have each branched off in their own directions. Might give some surprising results bringing the 5hz side back together.

I’m not totally sure Marcus. It wasn’t finished flowering in my opinion. The flowering tent ran for 17 weeks, but I can’t remember how long it took for the seed plant to actually start flowering. I kept a clone. If it’s promising I’ll run it again and it should finish much faster from clone.
I also ran a test of simply irresistible x Puntobiche that was made from your pollen. It smells like sweet ripe herbal mango 🥭 sugar candy.
The mango haze smells more like the punto rojo Colombians. Go figure.

Ok hello friends. The mango has been curing for a few months now and it’s good potent smoke. Not exactly mango but a pungent old school herbal fruity spice smell. Taste is very much like fruity beer. Hoppy skunky fermented raspberry. No noticeable church or frankincense. The High hits quickly and is felt through the body. Introspective. A little racy. Can be heavy in a good way and maybe a day wrecker for some. I have it in rotation with punto rojo, simply irresistible and band aid it’s probably the strongest potency wise. Not as uplifting or refined in aromas as the other smokes, but is good for dropping the hammer when I’m ready to get stoned in the evening.

Ok hello friends. The mango has been curing for a few months now and it’s good potent smoke. Not exactly mango but a pungent old school herbal fruity spice smell. Taste is very much like fruity beer. Hoppy skunky fermented raspberry. No noticeable church or frankincense. The High hits quickly and is felt through the body. Introspective. A little racy. Can be heavy in a good way and maybe a day wrecker for some. I have it in rotation with punto rojo, simply irresistible and band aid it’s probably the strongest potency wise. Not as uplifting or refined in aromas as the other smokes, but is good for dropping the hammer when I’m ready to get stoned in the evening.
strange description i was shock by the mango haze amazing taste and effect
first taste of mango and the return totally haze

I don't know how I missed this thread earlier...wow! Beautiful grow and great plant Fish! Looks and sounds seriously kick-ass. Excellent, concise smoke report too.

I've read Hempy's posts about his mango haze tester seeds from way back, the ones where he found Queenie. He said they were all very long flowering and excellent smoke and the few other growers who tested them reported the same, but complained that the flowering time was simply too long for commercial production. He's said that Shanti tweaked the mix of mothers and fathers to get the mango haze we all know and love. Shanti has also posted that MH IBL was the result of some breeding efforts towards reducing the MH flower time. Makes me wonder if the IBL line used those same initial tester seeds as a starting point to reduce the flower time in the IBL.

Only one way to know. Would be great if Shantibaba would tell us more about it. Alls I know is he said it is part of a back cross project. I did ask him in a message about the lineage of mango haze and he said it was nl5hzC x skhzA.
I do eat a lot of mangos and I grow other lines that have distinct mango aromas. This one plant does not have mango aroma… to me. The flavor is very much like a fruity beer taste. Another member grew out another mango inbred that I tried and the flavor is the same but that one had some frankincense to the smoke. Quinstar you might think it smells exactly like mango and haze, I’m sure we have different senses. I do like the smoke on this one and made a few f2? seeds and some hybrids.

Back