Light leaks!

sticky draught excluding tape, sometimes calles p-strip.
Or I have put a wooden bead around the inside of the frame before now...
P-strip is cheaper and easier though...
Peace
BL

had the same problem with light escaping from my grow cupboard. tried those door strips but then the door wouldnt shut.. i ended up using gaffa tape.. Stuck it down the length of the door with an over hang. i folded over the over hang so it burys into the frame when closed and it stops the light completely..

tried to explain that if it doesnt make sense i'll post a picture ^^

peace

If its a regular door frame buy a screen door and install it on the opposite side of the opening is the easiest. It will come with a threshold that is adjustable and everything if you find the right one. Spray it with a tacky adhesive and stick black heavy plastic to the whole thing after you mount it.

INo, The best option would be to put a strip of wood or plastic around the door itself and around the doorframe such that there is about a 2cm overlap on both sides of the door. Then put a sealing strip of some sort around the wooden flaps.

I've found that the bottom of the door is the most difficult to get sealed up but it's also the least likely place for a light to penetrate into the growroom. If it's an issue see what you can do build up a solid threshold that the door butts up against.

Your finished frame and door should look like "L7" (overlapping each other such that there are 2 90deg angles for the light to pass around).

Hope this helps. ;)

Back