LB's 2021 Summer Grow Pictorial

WOW! So glad I joined this site for the knowledge and help of all its experts! Thank you sooo much, musashi, for that expert analysis! Like a dumbass, I would have smoked it! FEDEX coming your way, next day delivery! Again, thank you! :)

Longball

MALES

The deck grow has 6 males and 6 females. I think I will try to make some seeds this year. Not quite breeding as my only tools are a deck, plants, Mother Nature, a broken wrist, and a lot of ignorance! Just let nature take it's course. However, with 6 males and 6 females I can't just have a free-form orgy on the deck, I won't know what the hell I have so I need to select a single male. Wait! Orgy on the deck? :) Ummm, nevermind! The selection of this male will be based on a lack of experience and a whole lot of ignorance! With a little bit of luck, that can be a winning combination!

The contestants, from left to right: 1 - Bananium, the fastest out of the gate but everyone has caught up, 2- Critical Skunk, tall and strong like that deck growing jamoak, 3 & 4 - both Early Queen(no female on deck) the one one the right looks as much female as my females, 5 - unknown in orange bucket, friend asked if he could leave it here as wife said "Get It Out Of Here', turned out to be a male with a umm, thick stalk, 6 - G13xAfSk, has some big ass fan leaves and fan leaves are good for energy and energy is good for banging broads on the deck!

The females are: Rosetta Stone(femmed), Star Dawg, Master Kush x Skunk(2), Critical Skunk, G13 x AfSk. The number one thing I would look for is potency and if Mother Nature has her way all will be seeded.

Which male would you choose?

MALE.jpg

Longball

The unknown male in the orange bucket.
Why ?
Look at the branching structure, it will help improve yield on anything you hit it with.
Lots of pure sats (that is obviously a sat/indi hybrid) have that style of branching and it makes for a huge yield.
Potency doesn't matter, nor does taste/smell, you can easily breed those back in (trainwreck or g13 for potency and blueberry/sweet tooth for flavor/smell).

A Male Was Selected

As mentioned in my above post, selection would mostly be made with a lack of experience and unlimited ignorance. Of course, one generally does not make a decision based on ignorance alone.
Oftentimes, other things come into play when making a decision. Things like wishful thinking, hunches, Blood of Unicorn, Tears of Orphans, gambling, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle to name but a few.

The male in the orange bucket certainly stood out and not just because of the bucket. In my limited experience I'd not seen a plant structure like that before. It looked quite unique to any plant I'd seen before.
In the end, it was my betting experience that decided to not keep that plant. While I did not know the genetics of the plant, I knew who my friend got it from. He is a grower and I've smoked his goods many
times over the years and was never impressed. So as a gambling man I had bet it would be more of the same. With all selections, the Uncertainly Principle is always lurking in the background.

The selected male will also be subject to the Uncertainty Principle. In other words, in general it will not be possible to predict a known outcome even if all the initial conditions are specified. The male was
selected for potential potency. The selected male will be retired and his only mission in life will be to sex all the females he comes into contact with! Gee, I wish I had a life like that ! šŸ˜‰ lol

And the winner is; envelope please(drum roll):

G13 x Afghan Skunk!

G13 .jpg

Longball

"The number one thing I would look for is potency..."

Based on your desire for potency and to simply select a desired male to see how it goes, I think you made a great choice. The G13 is known for potency and going from point A to B, using MNS genetics, you'll get there in style. Breeding takes knowledge and a lot of time with same plants- and space to offer a continuum. Most of us will never truly reach that pinnacle. But in the meantime we're gonna get high as fk trying lol.

šŸ¤™Mu

Planted 2 months

to the day later than last year and this plant is over the 6' wall and taller than anything last year! WTF! Goes to show ya, when it comes to growing, I don't know diddly about squat! Sure been fun learning though! :love:
This male gets to bang all the broads on the deck! Boy, I wish I had a job like that! ;)

G13 x Af Sk Male

G 1.jpg

Gearing up to pollinate everything in the county!
g 2.jpg

A pure Virgin. Something rarely ever seen on my deck! Critical Skunk

CS.jpg

Longball

Last edited:
Planted 2 months

to the day later than last year and this plant is over the 6' wall and taller than anything last year! WTF! Goes to show ya, when it comes to growing, I don't know diddly about squat! Sure been fun learning though! :love:
This male gets to bang all the broads on the deck! Boy, I wish I had a job like that! ;)

G13 x Af Sk Male

View attachment 53316

Gearing up to pollinate everything in the county!
View attachment 53317

A pure Virgin. Something rarely ever seen on my deck! Critical Skunk

View attachment 53318

Longball
Beautiful. Man so many amazing plants being shared on this site daily. Gotta love the MNS forums.

@TGTDE said: "Beautiful. Man so many amazing plants being shared on this site daily. Gotta love the MNS forums."

I'm with you one million percent on that statement, TGTDE! :)

Longball

Watching these

male flowers literally open by the minute.

G13 x Afghan Skunk Male. Just dropped first pollen a couple minutes ago. Saw it fall as I was checking plant for caterpillars, etc. First time I've ever seen marijuana pollen in my life! YAY! No longer a virgin!

G13 M.jpg

Hopefully some will fall on this G13 x Afghan Skunk Female. Right now it is calm with no wind but, man, that pollen is very fine!

Webp.net-compress-image(3).jpg

The two plants are touching each other. Not sure I want to pollinate everything on the deck. The furthest plant is 16 feet away 'protected' by 5 other plants. Can I wait an hour and then chop the male. Can I wait 24 hours then chop it. Is it too late now to do anything? Anybody done this have any ideas? When it comes to growing, I don't know diddly about squat! Not sure i can do much of anything with this broken wrist!

Longball

Great job braddah! May I suggest using a spray bottle with water. What I've done is saturate the entire male to neutralize him before moving him. Misting- no abrupt squirts of water that might send stuff flying. You can do this misting immediately if you are certain heā€™s done the deed. Like in the movies, after misting, put a bag over his head, cut him off at the knees and disappear him. Spray down the immediate area with water to minimize pollen dispersal.
Look at stigmas on females that have browned and withered, there is a good chance fertilization has occurred. Not talking just brown, talking brown and shrunken-withered. A good chance the plants immediately next to said male will be pollinated of course but don't be surprised how far that boy can travel without your knowledge lol. Before you spray your male down, you could ever so gently touch a q-tip under one of the male flowers and then touch some female organs with the pollen. Try it on your lowers, invisible pollen, it doesn't take much. That way you don't compromise those potent tops! Don't forget to spray down those females after a time to make sure no more hanky panky occurs. And don't forget to shower and change your clothes too. Anyway, just a thought brah. Have fun!

šŸ¤™Mu

Thank you, musashi! Lots of good tips in there - should be a sticky. A few things I would have never though of. Most likely I would have covered him in a bag and chopped him. I think I did one thing wrong. Before I had read this, I rubbed the male and female cola's together! :eek: Oh well, another Dirty Deed Done Dirt Cheap! Maybe I will get a few seeds? Maybe I pollinated the whole county? Time holds all answers so we will find out!

Longball

Proud Parents?

Mr. & Mrs. G13 x AfSk! :) Sadly, shortly after this picture was taken, Mr. G13 x AfSk passed away suddenly, leaving Mrs. G13 x AfSk a pregnant, homeless, jobless, widow! Services will be held this evening at the firepit. All are welcome as we send Mr. G13 x AfSk to Valhalla for a job well done!

Mr. & Mrs. G13 x AfSk in happier times!
Webp.net-compress-image(4).jpg

Longball

Is that a Brothers Grimm Rosetta Stone ?
It looks waaaaaay more sativa than the ones I've run, mine were so radically indica leaning that they would not get bigger than about 20 inches tall, no matter what I did.
I got the beans directly from Mr. Soul so I know mine were not some knock offs.
Terribly bland weed with very little stone...it was extreme blah. They did yield heavy, but who cares if it sux, right ?
I'll be very curious what you get from them.

n2ishun said: "Is that a Brothers Grimm Rosetta Stone ?"

So I was told. Guy seemed pretty excited about the seeds. I never heard of either so I Googled it. Bought MNS seeds instead. Never heard of Mr. Soul - who dat?

"They did yield heavy, but who cares if it sux, right ?"

Correct.

"I'll be very curious what you get from them."

Not expecting a big yield from anything as I wanted smaller plants this year, so I started plants 2 months later, gave them 80% less light, and no nutes at all, and smaller containers. Seems to have worked ok as only 2 plants are over 6 feet tall. The Rosetta Stone seems to have finished stretching at a perfect(for me) 5 feet. The Rosetta Stone only started showing a sativa side after she started flowering. Looked like every other poly hybrid out there before that.

At the midway point in this race, the leader of the pack, BY FAR, is the Star Dawg(never heard of that either), the Star Dawg cutting was gifted to me by a well known Pot Whore(not to be confused with an Autoflower Girl who know nothing, Pot Whores know their shit)! But as I mentioned in post #9: "the rest are MNS and lagging slightly behind. Of course, the race has only just started and the hare does not always win!" The race is over when everything has been cured 4 months. Only then will I know the winner!

Longball

Mr. Soul was (is?) the breeder for Brothers Grimm.
They broke up the company like 15 years ago or so and only recently got it back up and running maybe in the last 2-3 years or something like that.
They did have some real nice strains back in the day and supposedly still have alot of the old mother plants.
That's what I've heard anyway.....but you know how rumors are.

Back