LB's 2021 Summer Grow Pictorial

longball

'21, '23 COE Winner
Hello All!

It's outdoor growing time again 'round these parts so I will do a pictorial of what happens, good or bad, during this season. I can't do a grow journal as I will be doing around 15 to 20 strains in 4 different towns. A grow journal is just impossible. Mostly photoperiods, but as I have let the cat out of the bag, I may post up some autoflowers if I get a nice picture. I don't remember everything growing at this second but I know some of the strains are:

Master Kush x Skunk
Critical Skunk
Early Queen
G13 x AfSk
Bananium
Garlic Cookies
Rosetta Stone
Gummi Glue
Star Dawg
Orange Chameleon
Maui Wowie
Jack Herer Auto
Lemon Haze Auto
Bruce Banner Auto

I will post up whatever else either as I remember(CRS) or when I get a picture. This is my first year growing MNS gear. Of the 24 MNS seeds I germinated, all 24 are now in their permanent grow containers. Batch #1 was started a while ago and some plants are around 3 feet tall. Batch #2 is now around a foot tall. Batch #3 about 6 inches tall. Batches #4 & 5 were only recently started and only a couple inches tall.

Batch #4 & 5. Bigger plants are autos. Red cups, 8 are MNS. Black containers are all MNS. The other 8 MNS were in Batch #2 and are now about 1 foot tall. Will try to get more pics up soon but right now I am busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! This picture was taken June 7th, plants are all now in final containers. Been a 'little' busy!
Webp.net-compress-image(3).jpg

Longball

Last edited:
I have a couple of those insanium in the bananium seeds there I was wondering about how they turn out. Well longball here’s my hula hoop idea that might help you outside that worked good for me. You just keep trying to widen them out bending and then throw a couple hula hoops in there to spread it out when it goes into flower. You don’t really get an apical cola as you see but still some nice buds. I bet outside on your deck you could do some damage with no ropes keeping the stem strong BFD2A6F3-3452-4E54-A14C-19475F408051.jpg3272F2D1-5306-43C9-AB0A-2EF23225FC89.jpegCAE6A6B6-5E39-460F-B36A-7668D2E883FC.jpegC73A560C-7F04-421C-88FD-D3F62404ABB7.jpeg

Thanks longball. Hope it helps you someday. I invented the hula hoop. It really caught on in Hawaii. Naw, I never saw it used in this way before, but I like my plants to become strong by standing on their own in the wind and the hula hoops are light enough to throw in there. You aren’t tied down to shit so you can move your plants around. I originally tried to do anything I could to keep the plants low but the mrnice grew all huge. So I tried to spread them out and used a stake to pull them over. When the budding starts, the buds seemed to like a 45degree angle I noticed.

Whoa nice plants. Good idea. You got to use what works I’ll try anything twice. I tried that once. Do the strings ever get in the way of watering? My room is always filled to the brim with no standing room only. So I am sofa king crawling and ...well ... we will say praying, but god is being mentioned, all on hands and knees trying to just water this dirt. When I had strings like you did, I couldn’t ever get my water can to where I wanted it because of the strings in the way and it pissed me the fu k off everyday because it took so long to water my stuff, until I cut the strings that got in the way, which was all of them. Then I felt fine. You might be able to deal with it until the stems set after stretch then cut them off. That’s a long few weeks for me. Crowded room no wasted space but for crawling and watering. But that’s the only reason why I don’t do that there.

Batch #5

All plants are now in final containers. This is this year's 'deck' grow. Plants on bench and railing are autoflowers, plants on deck are 'real' plants. 8 MNS in that group of 11. Hopefully, I get a couple females! Plants were started 2 months later this year and put in smaller containers in an effort to get smaller plants. Biggest plant is Star Dawg.

Webp.net-compress-image(4).jpg

Star Dawg

This is a clone I was gifted on June 4th. I certainly thanked the person for such a kind act and asked her if she knew the plant was badly root bound and that there was at least one million spider mites on the plant! WTF! This is only a 4-inch plant! After watching her face contort into expressions of first, puzzlement, then horror, then disgust, she blurts out, "Maybe that is why 70 of my 74 clones look like they are dying and have webbing on them!". Yeah, maybe. I was too busy to do anything with the plant as I had 2 bands in the yard and a 100 people running around my house that day, so I put the plant on the furthest part of my property and figured I'd burn all the damn mites in a camp fire some night and be done with those bastages. {Edit:} *A quick sidetrack guys, but growing related. Grocery stores and laundromats are certainly some of the best places to meet women(Source: me, and of course, n2ishun). However, having bands in your yard is also a great way to meet women! I like that the women are already at my house and my bed is much closer than it is when I am at the grocery store!

The best part of having a band in your yard? Women come to YOUR house and start drinking alcohol, smoking weed, getting ready to dance! And Party! They start Movin' & Groovin', a little Shake, Rattle, and Roll, yeah, that's the fine life, and it's all happening at YOUR house. You don't get that shit in the grocery store! 😊 I look for the women that are dancing in a manner that my grandmother would call "Lewd & Lascivious". How many times do you see that in a grocery store? At My/Your house, this is encouraged! Nowadays, some people may call it 'sexy' and some people may call it inappropriate, or politically incorrect. Whatever they call it, they will sue each other for some violation of rights. In the meantime, I will invite one of these 'Lewd & Lascivious' dancers to stay the night! {Edit}

What's all this got to do with growing? Talk to, or dance with, all the quieter grooving girls you are attracted to , who you will need more than one night to know, and see which one might like an autoflower. They smoke pot, that's why you invited them, they might like an autoflower(this is the growing part). At some point, that woman that you are attracted to will call you and invite you over! It's not too hard to get bands to play in your yard for free. Next free party is June 25th, love to see @Kryppler here as we have the edibles. They won't send him to the med tent in a coma as there is no med tent. But we would lay him out in the far meadow with a million fireflies! We will also check him frequently to make sure he is on his stomach!

After a couple days of recovery from the party, I go check on the Star Dawg. Damn thing is still living. Doesn't look good, but still fighting to survive! And loaded with spider mites! She didn't just curl up and die but fought the 'good fight' against insurmountable odds so I decided to help her. She is determined to survive, no matter the odds. A trait I admire! First, I set her in the shade, and being root bound, I put her in a bigger pot with much better soil, always a good thing. Next, I cut off all the horribly infected leaves, then I sprayed her with a 50% mix of rubbing alcohol and water. I sprayed near a quart of this on her and I thought she would die from bending over from being so wet. She was only 4 inches! I then rubbed every square inch of her between my fingers. Top and bottom of leaves, everything. Don't know if it helps scientifically but I had every square inch of this plant between my fingers hoping to rub off or squish every spider mite and egg cell! After 4 evenings of this and checking her with a 60x jeweler's loupe every morning I let her back in the sun. She grew for the next week so I transplanted her into her final pot. During the transplanting I noticed that the root ball on this little plant was a big as a softball or grapefruit! The root ball was near as big as the the plant! WTF! I will keep you updated on this Star Dawg plant for better or worse!

She is looking better now!
Webp.net-compress-image(5).jpg

Longball

Last edited:
Star Dawg

This is a clone I was gifted on June 4th. I certainly thanked the person for such a kind act and asked him if he knew the plant was badly root bound and that there was at least one million spider mites on the plant! WTF! This is only a 4-inch plant! After watching his face contort into expressions of first, puzzlement, then horror, then disgust, he blurts out, "Maybe that is why 70 of my 74 clones look like they are dying and have webbing on them!". Yeah, maybe. I was too busy to do anything with the plant as I had 2 bands in the yard and a 100 people running around my house that day, so I put the plant on the furthest part of my property and figured I'd burn all the damn mites in a camp fire some night and be done with those bastages. {Edit:} *A quick sidetrack guys, but growing related. Grocery stores and laundromats are certainly some of the best places to meet women(Source: me, and of course, n2ishun). However, having bands in your yard is also a great way to meet women! I like that the women are already at my house and my bed is much closer than it is when I am at the grocery store!

The best part of having a band in your yard? Women come to YOUR house and start drinking alcohol, smoking weed, getting ready to dance! And Party! They start Movin' & Groovin', a little Shake, Rattle, and Roll, yeah, that's the fine life, and it's all happening at YOUR house. You don't get that shit in the grocery store! 😊 I look for the women that are dancing in a manner that my grandmother would call "Lewd & Lascivious". How many times do you see that in a grocery store? At My/Your house, this is encouraged! Nowadays, some people may call it 'sexy' and some people may call it inappropriate, or politically incorrect. Whatever they call it, they will sue each other for some violation of rights. In the meantime, I will invite one of these 'Lewd & Lascivious' dancers to stay the night! {Edit}

What's all this got to do with growing? Talk to, or dance with, all the quieter grooving girls you are attracted to , who you will need more than one night to know, and see which one might like an autoflower. They smoke pot, that's why you invited them, they might like an autoflower(this is the growing part). At some point, that woman that you are attracted to will call you and invite you over! It's not too hard to get bands to play in your yard for free. Next free party is June 25th, love to see @Kryppler here we have the
edibles. They won't send him to the med tent in a coma as there is no med tent. But we would lay him out in the far meadow with a million fireflies! We will also check him frequently to make sure he is on his stomach!

After a couple days of recovery from the party, I go check on the Star Dawg. Damn thing is still living. Doesn't look good, but still fighting to survive! And loaded with spider mites! She didn't just curl up and die but fought the 'good fight' against insurmountable odds so I decided to help her. She is determined to survive, no matter the odds. A trait I admire! First, I set her in the shade, and being root bound, I put her in a bigger pot with much better soil, always a good thing. Next, I cut off all the horribly infected leaves, then I sprayed her with a 50% mix of rubbing alcohol and water. I sprayed near a quart of this on her and I thought she would die from bending over from being so wet. She was only 4 inches! I then rubbed every square inch of her between my fingers. Top and bottom of leaves, everything. Don't know if it helps scientifically but I had every square inch of this plant between my fingers hoping to rub off or squish every spider mite and egg cell! After 4 evenings of this and checking her with a 60x jeweler's loupe every morning I let her back in the sun. She grew for the next week so I transplanted her into her final pot. During the transplanting I noticed that the root ball on this little plant was a big as a softball or grapefruit! The root ball was near as big as the the plant! WTF! I will keep you updated on this Star Dawg plant for better or worse!

She is looking better now!
View attachment 51958

Longball
Fancy, its amazing how some plants can be mite infested, and survive w/ only some health issues, where as others shrink down and die.

I am lucky to have a very aggressive biology in my yard. both natural and purchased. I once had a spider mite infestation from clones, put a plant that was webby in my yard. the webs disappeared over night, and all the mites were gone. not even evidence of them eating the grass o the way out. they got eaten by a horde of predators.

Autoflowers

These 4 autoflower seeds all popped on the same day, put in plugs the same day, put in solo cups the same day, put in final containers the same day. Exact same soil, same watering. Everything done the same. Except. The plants on the ends are in old school containers, the 2 in the middle, newer technology containers. It is clear which containers promote better plant growth. The only downside I've seen in a couple years of using the newer containers is that so much oxygen gets to the roots that the soil dries out much quicker and plants need to be watered at least twice a day or an automatic drip system set up. I choose to hand water the plants as it keeps me in closer contact with the plants and therefore I can spot any problems earlier.

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg

Longball

The plants have doubled and even tripled in size in the last 7 days. The largest plant on the floor of the deck is Star Dawg. It was a clone that I was gifted so it is a bit bigger than the rest. It was loaded with spider mites as a lot of clones seem to be, but I cleaned her up and she is growing like a weed! Of the other 10 plants on the floor of the deck the 2 tallest are Bananium, and Rosetta Stone. The other 8 are MNS and lagging slightly behind. Of course, the race has only just started and the hare does not always win! Plants on bench and railing are autoflowers.

Deck.jpg

Plants in the black containers have nearly doubled in size in a week. Plants in classic containers have not :(
Webp.net-compress-image(6).jpg

2 of the 3 Bruce Banner Auto's have purple buds, not cold related as it's mid summer. The 2 plants with purple buds have been topped, the other was not. Coincidence?
Webp.net-compress-image(5).jpg

Longball

Not much to report on the photoperiods. It has rained 13 of last 14 days and the forcast is rain for 6 of the next 7 days. Plants just vegging along and otherwise looking healthy. The autoflowers don't really care but as the 1st batch is flowering, got to keep an eye out for mold and such.

Bruce Banner#1. This could easily be mistaken for marijuana so be careful what you buy on the black market, kids! Always buy your medicine from a legal dispensary so that you don't get ripped off! ;):p

Bruce Banner#1.jpg

Bruce Banner#3 Left this one untopped, just to see what I could see. I like it!

Bruce Banner#3 1.jpg

Bruce Banner#3 Gave 7 autoflowers to autoflowers girls, a few to friends, and kept a few for myself to help pass the time while the photoperiods are vegging! She's a pretty one!

Bruce Banner#3 2.jpg

Bruce Banner#3 This one has been fun to watch while waiting on the photoperiods to show sex! :)

Bruce Banner#3 3.jpg

Longball

Rainy Day Critical Skunk

Critical Skunk. The one on the left has leaves a bit shorter and fatter than the one on the right. This year growing all new strains to me so no topping, LST,etc. Just want to see what they look like in their natural beauty. Plants will be smaller as I started later and used smaller containers. Yield is not a concern. Quality is. ;) Unsure of sex at this time.

CS.jpg

Bruce Banner#2 Pretty little house plant that women love. Maybe not as much as they love babies and puppies, but women love their pretty house plants! :)

BB.jpg

Longball

Back